Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 02:57 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times

Advertisements

I remember almost EVERY single detail of that day! It is burned in my memory! Am I traumatized by it? No, but I would say it was probably the most significant historical event to happen in my lifetime. Probably similar to those who remember the Kennedy assassination! My wife and I also have friends in the NYC area, and they took us to the WTC in March of that year, almost 6 months to the date of that horrible day! As horrible as that day was, I would still rather watch a 9/11 documentary or a memorial service of 9/11 over ANY of the reality tv crap that is on!

No matter what you believe about that day, who did it, why it happened, whatever.... we should NEVER forget!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 02:57 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
10 year anniversaries of anything are usually a big deal...marriages, high school reunions, deaths in the family.

Whats the problem with honoring one day for the victims on 9/11 especially considering how far we've come as a nation since then?
I have never heard of anyone celebrating or memorializing dead family members on the anniversary of their death.

Do you think of them that day, maybe put some flowers on their grave that day.....yes.....but who, in effect, holds another funeral on that day?

Old 09-08-2011, 02:58 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
We should never forget!
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
No matter what you believe about that day, who did it, why it happened, whatever.... we should NEVER forget!

That's what the man on the giant TV screen told us to do anyway... and also to go shopping...

Old 09-08-2011, 03:00 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I have never heard of anyone celebrating or memorializing dead family members on the anniversary of their death.

Do you think of them that day, maybe put some flowers on their grave that day.....yes.....but who, in effect, holds another funeral on that day?
Actually, thats a Southern thing.

Old 09-08-2011, 03:00 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Why don't you go dig up Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein and take turns laying in the grave with them.
Please note Osama Bin Laden was buried at sea,
and we as the American People have never seen
pictures of his remains...

Old 09-08-2011, 03:06 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Yea.....he is alive and well and partying with Elvis as we speak.

Old 09-08-2011, 03:06 PM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,896 times
it appears I struck a nerve.

but hey, go ahead and keep reminding yourself we need to stay on the heels of them terrorists, so the next time the patriot act gets renewed there will be less of an outcry.

gimme a break. moment of silence? if by moment you mean months, and by silence you mean every media outlet in the country talking non-stop about something that happened 10 years ago, then yeah your right.

Old 09-08-2011, 03:07 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
I don't need to see his remains to know he's dead. At one time I wanted to see them, (pictures exist), but today I really don't care.

What we know:

1. His ugly mug hasn't been on any grainy videos lately bragging about how we "missed him again".

2. The radicals issued a fatwa for revenge when he was killed.

3. His wife and neighbors saw it all go down.

4. There was a US helicopter that crashed on his compound that Pakistan allowed the Chinese to view.

5. None of that would have happened if he was alive.

He's dead. That's good enough for me.

To "lay in the grave" as I suggested - go skinny dip in the North Arabian Sea.

Old 09-08-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
it appears I struck a nerve.

but hey, go ahead and keep reminding yourself we need to stay on the heels of them terrorists, so the next time the patriot act gets renewed there will be less of an outcry.

gimme a break. moment of silence? if by moment you mean months, and by silence you mean every media outlet in the country talking non-stop about something that happened 10 years ago, then yeah your right.
If it bothers you so much, turn off the damn TV.
Sheesh.

Old 09-08-2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:
If you wanna debate that nonsense, please go dig up one of the gabillion threads about it, dont hijack this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies