Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 08:16 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times

Advertisements

Budweiser Tribute Video 9/11 - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2011, 08:19 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
We should rebuild the WTC.

Those bturds re-make their point daily as long as the skyline is there to remind us of the black eye they gave us.
Rebuild the Towers and relegate them back to the ignorant, violent savages beneath our notice that they are rather than make a symbol of this great nations fear of a bunch of primitive tribal cowards.

Next we should ban these bturds religious institutions anywhere within our borders and send all the MF'ing Islamists who don't renounce thier religion home.

Oh, and they can take the Obama's with them.

Religious discrmination?
I don't think so, this is a terrorist organization we have a right to protect ourselves and our society from.

IF this makes me a bigot, ok.

Oh yeah, and they can take the Obama's with them.
Sorry, but there is billions of dollars of construction in place. They are not going to rip down One World Trade Center and Four World Trade Center at this point in the game and put back the towers. Accept it.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:23 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirachabang View Post
I agreed with everything in your post except for this. After his election, Obama had the keys to the kingdom and could have passed ANY legislation that he wished. The GOP was a beaten mess and could not have opposed him at that time. They even gave Obama the Nobel peace prize. Obama had a un-vetoable majority in Congress. Given this position Obama should have been able to make huge change in Washington. What did we get instead? Nothing. Obama took every opportunity to strengthen the status quo by bailing out Wall Street and failed corporations, he increased war spending and troop levels, and started a 3rd war. Washington under Obama as become a cesspool of lobbiests even though he promised to get rid of them.

Obama absolutely failed to take advantage of his good will to make any change. Instead, he loaded his administration down with corporate heads, wall streeters, and ivory tower professors who never worked a real job in their lives. The results speak for themselves. The GOP was in no shape to oppose him during his first year yet after two years of Obama's policies they are re-energized.

I don't give free passes to the GOP. They have become a horrible party of cornpone Nazi thinking, idiots, and morons. However, Obama's failures are his own and they are horrible ones at that. He absolutely wasted an unprecidented and historic opportunity to sweep Washington clean of of a lot of issues and did nothing. So thanks to him, it's going to be decades before real change can come our political system. If it lasts that long.
Are you kidding? Shoulda put up the sarcasm icon. Within five minutes of Obama taking the oath of office, the RWs were battling him. He didn't get the oath right (which was John Roberts' fault, BTW), he didn't wear a suitcoat in the office; he put his feet up on his desk; Bush's name could not be mentioned again, he was no longer the pres, the economy was no longer his fault; the Tea Party protests, some of which were graphically racist in the early days 'til the TP wised up a bit, etc, etc, etc.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:33 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Lets just hope to God we dont have to see boehner blaring on tv again. he's too ugly, lol.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:37 PM

550 posts, read 604,202 times
This was pretty cool. Saw it when I was watching a game earlier today.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:43 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,341,511 times
Okay, now I have a headache.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:44 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Are you kidding? Shoulda put up the sarcasm icon. Within five minutes of Obama taking the oath of office, the RWs were battling him. He didn't get the oath right (which was John Roberts' fault, BTW), he didn't wear a suitcoat in the office; he put his feet up on his desk; Bush's name could not be mentioned again, he was no longer the pres, the economy was no longer his fault; the Tea Party protests, some of which were graphically racist in the early days 'til the TP wised up a bit, etc, etc, etc.
i think you missed the part of the post where obama had complete control of congress-the house, the senate, and the presidency --

and did nothing constructive or helpful for the country, and THAT is why the democrats lost so badly in 2010.

it is pretty simple.

they were tired of bush and then they were tired of obama.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:29 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
"So, to the people who remember the victims of the attacks of September 11, 2001, I ask you to remember the people of Afghanistan who are killed for no reason everyday. The Pashtuns (Afghans) pay with their lives and livelihood on daily basis for being the custodians of Afghanistan."

Afghanistan Had Nothing To Do With 9/11

Old 09-11-2011, 10:21 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,515,219 times

9/11 Tribute for Mark Bingham - YouTube

Old 09-12-2011, 12:31 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
That is a big reason why I decided not to watch the "commemorative" broadcast,
but in the process of changing channels I saw Giuliani's speech, and he brought God to the front and center.
A nice in-your-face to Bloomberg! I was happy someone had the stones to take the path Rudy did.
I'm not a fan of Guiliani, but he's gone up several notches in my estimation for his stand for God in America. America needs God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies