Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 07:33 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,878,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
They also kill us because of our policy in the middle east?
And what about the money US sends to the Palestinians? Or to the terrorist nest called Pakistan? Is that OK, to accept money from the much hated America and next try to destroy it? Is that OK?
No, it's not OK, but that is what happens.
Nice to know it is highly likely some of the money we send to the middle east is used to finance violence against us.

Why don't we just get out of their countries and keep our $$$ at home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 07:37 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,495,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
Muslims burn American flag outside London's U.S. Embassy

During WWII, Muslims and NAZI's were in cahoots. Muslims should thank the U.S. they have somewhere they can go to get western attention thru their despicable acts. Brits should wake up and throw the Muslims out. Let them swim to Spain, their beloved Cordoba Mosque.
No way.

I love Spain. I'd hate to see that country get over-runned by these backward people.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:22 PM

553 posts, read 1,027,048 times
Quote:
They also kill us because of our policy in the middle east?
And what about the money US sends to the Palestinians? Or to the terrorist nest called Pakistan? Is that OK, to accept money from the much hated America and next try to destroy it? Is that OK?
You probably have no idea to what scale American gov suppot Israel and to what Palestinians. We help Palestinians with food and we help Israel with weapons, money to pay for the military, and weapons, weapons, weapons. Those are much more expensive then rice they toss to palestinians. Israel is only on the map because the US funds it.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:12 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,461,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dressy View Post
You probably have no idea to what scale American gov suppot Israel and to what Palestinians. We help Palestinians with food and we help Israel with weapons, money to pay for the military, and weapons, weapons, weapons. Those are much more expensive then rice they toss to palestinians. Israel is only on the map because the US funds it.
I don't care if you are anti American or anti Israeli. Each person is entitled to his opinion. I also don't think I am always correct and never make mistakes. However, it annoys me very much when people distort facts and spread false rumors to prove their theory. Here is a link to another similar discussion on the funding of Israel. My post is #37:
//www.city-data.com/forum/histo...llitary-4.html
Bottom line: The US aid makes between 3-5% of Israel's GDP. Most of it stays in the US as NJGOAT explains in his following post. With some effort, Israel can survive without the US financial aid. However, the money to Israel doesn't support our enemies as the aid to Pakistan and other countries did.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:26 PM

553 posts, read 1,027,048 times
Quote:
I don't care if you are anti American or anti Israeli. Each person is entitled to his opinion. .
I guess you are real good at putting labels on everyone:
Muslim ="terrorist"
Does not support American help to Israel = "anti american"

go ahead you forgot this one:
"does not support occupation of Gaza" ="anti-semit"

Quote:
The US aid makes between 3-5% of Israel's GDP. Most of it stays in the US as NJGOAT explains in his following post. With some effort, Israel can survive without the US financial aid. .
3-5% of GDP not a state budget. EACH year.

Quote:
With some effort, Israel can survive without the US financial aid. .
ah yeah, because you said so.
and anyways, how does that "potential Isralian survival fact" redeems the US actions in the eyes of palestinians whose houses are being buldozered with the machinery made by Americans, purchased with the help of Americans?

Old 09-13-2011, 11:58 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,100,891 times
Quick question: what do you think of Arafats widow living in a multi- million dollar penthouse in Paris and having a Swiss bank account with several hundred million dollars in it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dressy View Post
I guess you are real good at putting labels on everyone:
Muslim ="terrorist"
Does not support American help to Israel = "anti american"

go ahead you forgot this one:
"does not support occupation of Gaza" ="anti-semit"

3-5% of GDP not a state budget. EACH year.

ah yeah, because you said so.
and anyways, how does that "potential Isralian survival fact" redeems the US actions in the eyes of palestinians whose houses are being buldozered with the machinery made by Americans, purchased with the help of Americans?

Old 09-18-2011, 12:21 PM

15 posts, read 16,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
Muslims burn American flag outside London's U.S. Embassy

During WWII, Muslims and NAZI's were in cahoots. Muslims should thank the U.S. they have somewhere they can go to get western attention thru their despicable acts. Brits should wake up and throw the Muslims out. Let them swim to Spain, their beloved Cordoba Mosque.
My grandfather fought against the Axis powers in WW2 in the Battle of Kohima (Google it since you have a knack for it), and he was an Indian Muslim who fought for the British Raj.

Muslims in France helped to liberate it from Vichy Nazi rule, and for what? To be slandered from idiots such as yourself?

And also, why did you not bother to note that it was British Muslims, not the hooligans you have a penchant for, that stood up to the rioters and even died for them?

I know it's no use pandering to bigots who also believe Obama is a Muslim and think Muslims are out to take over the world while they glorify Christian Dominionism and turn a blind eye to how GOP treats women, but it needs to be said.

Old 09-18-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
They're whole message is "U.S. out of the Muslim lands". Can't really fault them for that. Isn't that what most in America want also? You know, Americans out of the middle east and all that? What did you think they would do to the flag? Wrap their virgins in it?
Here's a segment from your link.......
These losers who stage provocative protests are attention whores who can only muster 20-25 people to their worthless protests. No one takes them seriously except for those who hate Muslims and use their protests as a stick to beat their enemies with. Google Andy Choudary to see what comes up, regarding the leader of the stupid group and his absurd past to give an idea on what a provocateur he is.

They don't give a hoot about US foreign policy and they are nothing but leeches who make the lives of ordinary Muslims miserable. They live off of welfare because they know for sure if they were to do this in any Muslim country, including the ones they love so dearly, they would have been brutally silenced.

What I want to know is why do people like the OP seek out stories like this of Muslims and not of people like Tariq Jahan who lost two of his sons in the British riots? Let's be real, the same people who constantly complain about Muslims not condemning 9/11 and other terrorist attacks are the same ones who absolutely refuse to acknowledge ANY good Muslims do while rationalizing what Anders Brevik did in Norway 2 months ago.

Old 09-18-2011, 12:28 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
Charming! I would make a comment about their being "the religion of peace"
but there is always some misguided comment on these forums in reaction to that kind of thing,
about how judgemental we are to say such things.
Silly moi.

Muslim Protesters Burn American Flag Outside U.S. Embassy in London - ABC News
Well that's it, we should invade London posthaste.

Old 09-18-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big time bro View Post
Too bad they didn't catch themselves on fire.

I dont understand how Liberals can dislike Conservatives so much but defend the Muslim religion. Muslims will kill people because they are gay. Now how can someone stick up for these wackos.
Yeah because white Christian conservatives never, ever kill gay people.

None of the liberals stick up for Islamic extremists (which ironically have more in common with conservatives like Michelle Bachmann and Robert Spencer than they'd like to admit), but they do stick up for normal Muslims who are merely living their lives. Hispanics don't like homosexuality either but that doesn't mean they should have their rights revoked if they haven't harmed any homosexuals.

Here's a challenge: find me statistics of American Muslims killing homosexuals in hate crimes compared to white Christian males. Last I checked, people like Matthew Shephard and the recent hate crimes of homosexuals in this country were all done by white Christian males drunk on Evangelical extremism. Groups like the American Family Association do more to spread hatred of homosexuals than any Muslim organization in this country does, and worst of all, they are happily endorsed by your previous misogynistic GOP. How's that for hypocrisy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies