Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 09:35 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times

Advertisements

Happens all the time,best way to 'win' is to silence the opposition through crying racism....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 07:09 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Who in the hell even knew that he went to Trinity before the Rev Wright story exploded? Answer: No one but some folks in Chicago. As if it even mattered anyway. He was going to get the black vote no matter what church he attended.
At the time 0bama chose that church, the only voters he was trying to impress were the voters in that Chicago district. I'm sure it did not get as much traction with voters outside of Chicago when he ran for president.

Quote:
And it escapes me as to "how it matters" because it DOESN'T matter. And again, terms like "black enough, down for the struggle, and black enough" is media bullsh*t. No one gives a damn about that nonsense where the rubber meets the road. Most black people don't even read stuff from black journalists.
Agreed, it only matters to the people who think it matters, and they are they same ones who hired Al Sharpton for MSNBC; as if it matters what he has to say.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:16 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
At the time 0bama chose that church, the only voters he was trying to impress were the voters in that Chicago district. I'm sure it did not get as much traction with voters outside of Chicago when he ran for president.

Agreed, it only matters to the people who think it matters, and they are they same ones who hired Al Sharpton for MSNBC; as if it matters what he has to say.
Sharpton is hired at MSNBC as a commentator. What in the world does he have to do with this topic? Does it matter what David Gregory or Joe Scarborough has to say? If the answer is yes, then Sharpton matters too.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Happens all the time,best way to 'win' is to silence the opposition through crying racism....
Who cried racism?

Old 09-13-2011, 08:22 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Who cried racism?
Seems to me the white conservatives claimed you did.
Which you did not.
Go figure.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
Go preach to someone else you poor disadvantaged and discriminated victim of society. Woe is me for your plight.

You come on here making your race an issue then take offense when others reference it. My BS alert is going off. As for giving you orders?????

**** Off - I've treated you the same way I treat anyone else on this board and I'm not gonna tip toe around you because you claim to be black.
LMAO...my plight? Dude, don't flatter yourself. Find a post where i claimed to be disadvantaged or discriminated against. Find one. Go ahead.

You're actually butthurt because I'M NOT claiming to be any of those things so you're attempting to invent some ammo that you don't have. And...it helps you flatter yourself. After all, if i'm disadvantaged, you're advantaged (in your mind).

In any case, the topic is did the president lie about his family. The answer is a resounding NO!! His story is in his biography for all to see, and if there are lies, why hasn't anyone pointed them out yet?

Old 09-13-2011, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Seems to me the white conservatives claimed you did.
Which you did not.
Go figure.
They're actually angry because i DON'T cry racism....ever. So they invent it because they think it sounds plausible. I'm not saying that they're racist, but they definitely like their blacks to be docile.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
You weren't?
No i wasn't.

Originally Posted by Bulldogdad
Sure it is, as it is for most people including myself. Humans tend to portray themselves as magnanimous for the most part. However, when the rubber meets the road and decisions about power and influence must be determined, Tribe psychology takes over. That why they are referred to as voting blocs.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:28 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
They're actually angry because i DON'T cry racism....ever. So they invent it because they think it sounds plausible. I'm not saying that they're racist, but they definitely like their blacks to be docile.
That was my take on it......same kind of thing that "dey dont like dem mouthy wimmens".

Old 09-13-2011, 08:51 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Who in the hell even knew that he went to Trinity before the Rev Wright story exploded? Answer: No one but some folks in Chicago. As if it even mattered anyway. He was going to get the black vote no matter what church he attended.

I do believe if this was the case that it was only Chicago that mattered, nowhere else.

Politicians use church often for standing in the community.

Sadly, but it is a cultural/ community center also.
That lends itself to contacts and being known/ seen thus possibly supported in political endeavors by those contacts and familiar people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies