Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 08:35 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,519,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
AGREED!
Young girl breaks back in a fall while protesting something she believes in and its a source of laughter and name calling from the right?..
If the responders in this topic are representative of rightwing thinking then i'd say you've devolved into cold heartless foaming at the mouth monsters where the actual concept of compassion is lost.
How many would show this topic to their kids as a representation of core American values.
Moonbats? yeah i know exactly who the moonbats are and it aint that kid in the hospital.
I have no sympathy for the idiot. She choose to put herself in physical danger even after having already fallen once before. She has no one to blame except herself. She would have been safer if she got some engineering students to help her with the stand OR if she followed the example of deer hunters and use one of the ready made deer stands available. She's a fool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 08:39 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,203,678 times
I hope the fall knocked a little sense into her.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:44 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,299,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I guess she didn't learn her lesson the first time. I'm sure she'll now sue the city for allowing her to be there in the first place. This is what happens when moonbats control the government and allow moonbat activity in the trees. Good thing the "Park-heads" were on duty of she may have been hurt more seriously.

"First she was buoyantly up in a "dangerous" People's Park tree protesting "Everything," but now she's at Highland Hospital with a broken back, ending an eight-day protest which was a protest-in-progress.
The angel, who called herself Amy Blue ("I have many names," she said), in her mid-twenties, was part of an impromptu group which wanted to herald in a new age of "peace and love," in a park rife with assaults"

It's just not easy being a loon these days I guess. Read this link and see if Berkely is a whole different world. lol

Exclusive: Fallen Angel Plunges From Tree-Perch Ending Eight-Day People's Park Protest. Category: Page One from The Berkeley Daily Planet
'A lot of safety issues' highlighted after tree pins man | Eyewitness News 9
Quote:
A Pitt County man is dead after a tree he was cutting down fell and crushed him.
Man killed by falling tree in Oconee County - State & Regional - Wire - TheState.com (http://www.thestate.com/2011/09/13/1969482/man-killed-by-falling-tree-in.html - broken link)
Quote:
A man has died after a tree he was cutting down in Oconee County fell on him.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:46 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,449,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post

Man killed by falling tree in Oconee County - State & Regional - Wire - TheState.com (http://www.thestate.com/2011/09/13/1969482/man-killed-by-falling-tree-in.html - broken link)
And what do these two duplicate posts of yours have to do with the thread?

Old 09-13-2011, 08:49 AM

39,865 posts, read 26,492,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post

Logging is one of the most dangereous jobs in the country. What does felling a tree have to do with climbing one to "protest everything"? Unless you're saying trees are dangereous and we should just cut them all down to keep people from getting hurt. It's for the childrun...

Old 09-13-2011, 08:57 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,302,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I found the hypocricy of her using a pallet made from formerly living trees from which to perch her protest ironic at best. Maybe that was the karma of which dreamofmonterey was speaking?
That pallette was made with an American flag, hung upside down. Total disrespect for our flag and country. Why should I care about them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
No, we are laughing at the fact that this "supposedly" educated asswipe didn't realize that she was endangering herself and wasn't "educated enough" in what she was actually doing. I laugh at the same types of people who climb that big mountain in Oregon and think they are experts and end up getting lost and die because all the brought was a cell phone to rely on for GPS. Like another poster said, this is nature wiping out the useless genes in it's pool.
I guess when you protest 'everything', something is bound to go wrong. Gravity is a bummer.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:25 AM

2,514 posts, read 1,986,524 times
Man what a tree hugging party gone down hill fast.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:34 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,727,909 times
it doesn't hurt to hug a tree once and a while,, they are the best co2 scrubbers money can buy,, and give us much needed oxygen

but on the otherhand??> one should learn how to climb down a tree first, before hugging the top branches

Old 09-13-2011, 09:36 AM

78,348 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Translation: We are just having a good time being free spirits and living on donations and trust funds while we smoke pot and have sex while not really doing anything positive but play make-believe that we are making the world a better place.

They are helping the world as much as some 25yo living in his parents basement dealing just enough pot to pay for his own usage and xbox live membership.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:43 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,686,824 times
Being so close to Berzerkly, I enjoy walking the downtown with my morning coffee area around peoples park and the UC Berkeley campus every few months. Its quite a show kind of like a zoo with no cages. I have observed many of these throw back wannabe hippy love children.

Plus I like to visit the UC Berkley campus library one of the best in the world.

Oh yeah, this idiot kid is a victim of her stupid choices. Isn't that what makes America great though? you have the freedom to sit in a tree protesting and if you fall out you have the freedom to break your back. Except now the taxpayers are probably paying for her treatment.

California is truly a "state" of extremes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies