Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 11:05 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times

Advertisements

These Obama supporters do sound stupid, and I'm sure there are many like them...

...but just how stupid to certain conservatives have to be to believe that this is a unique circumstance to only the one party they oppose?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 12:17 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
These Obama supporters do sound stupid, and I'm sure there are many like them...
So they are stupid because they didn't read his bill within 24 hours?

Do you read bills immediately the day after they are proposed? There are times when I'm so busy that I don't read the newspaper for days, are people supposed to stop everything they do to read every bill proposed?

Old 09-15-2011, 02:09 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Default Obama supporters hold the superior position

They are infinitely better than the 61 million Neanderthals who voted to reelect the village idiot.

You Pubs continue to astound with this utter nonsense.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:25 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,074,793 times
You can take a sample of any demographic and you will find those that speak of which they have no real knowledge.

In these polls how many people did they have to ask before they got the wrong answers they were looking for?

Old 09-15-2011, 02:37 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Yes. People I talk to that are students. They like Obama. Most have their education and some bills paid for by parents or some other external support. If the car breaks they call dad for some $$$, same thing with their health care needs. Fact. They are also excited about the potential for synthetic marijuana. But thats a topic for a different day.

Then again I've met some new grads in the oil industry who hate Obama...in California nonetheless. So they are not all lost cases.
Personal anecdote=/=Proof.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:47 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Americans are stupid in general; the large demographic (thankfully not the majority) who support the Palin/Bachmann/Perry line of reality where ignorance and "straight-talkin" is valued and intellectualism is "elitist" only supports this.

Old 09-15-2011, 04:33 AM

773 posts, read 503,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
So they are stupid because they didn't read his bill within 24 hours?

Do you read bills immediately the day after they are proposed? There are times when I'm so busy that I don't read the newspaper for days, are people supposed to stop everything they do to read every bill proposed?
They are not stupid because they did not read the bill quickly. They are stupid for voicing support for something they have yet to read YET. That and the fact they it went further than that. They said they don't know anything about any of his policies.

Old 09-15-2011, 06:32 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
They are not stupid because they did not read the bill quickly. They are stupid for voicing support for something they have yet to read YET. That and the fact they it went further than that. They said they don't know anything about any of his policies.
I asked for a link or other verification of your statement on page #1 of this post, we are now on page #9.

Can you or can you not support your statement with corroboration??..

Old 09-15-2011, 08:23 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,745 times
This is a sad, sad thread. Fellow Americans calling each other stupid due to who they support or the policies they support. You guys sit here and call each other stupid yet have no proof what so ever to back it up. Conservative posters come on here and claim everyone who supported President Obama is stupid and says you can tell by the posts on C-D. Non-conservative posters come on here and claim everyone who supported President Bush or Palin or McCain is stupid and says you can tell by the posts on C-D.Do you guys not see the Hypocrisy in the statements you make.

Also, someone pointed out on here that the college educated are idiots and stupid. Really? Then who, pray tell, are all the smart people in this country? Did the majority of them not go to school for higher learning? Or were they just natural geniuses who could solve complex mathematical equations, program in complex languages, evaluate illnesses and prescribe remedies for them, run successful businesses, or etc from the completion of grade school? Sheesh. Stop and think before you write something stupid.

PS. Liberal and moderate people own and run businesses too just like conservatives.

Old 09-15-2011, 08:30 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
This is a sad, sad thread. Fellow Americans calling each other stupid due to who they support or the policies they support. You guys sit here and call each other stupid yet have no proof what so ever to back it up. Conservative posters come on here and claim everyone who supported President Obama is stupid and says you can tell by the posts on C-D. Non-conservative posters come on here and claim everyone who supported President Bush or Palin or McCain is stupid and says you can tell by the posts on C-D.Do you guys not see the Hypocrisy in the statements you make.

Also, someone pointed out on here that the college educated are idiots and stupid. Really? Then who, pray tell, are all the smart people in this country? Did the majority of them not go to school for higher learning? Or were they just natural geniuses who could solve complex mathematical equations, program in complex languages, evaluate illnesses and prescribe remedies for them, run successful businesses, or etc from the completion of grade school? Sheesh. Stop and think before you write something stupid.

PS. Liberal and moderate people own and run businesses too just like conservatives.
I do not like name calling either.

Yet, I feel you just called posters stupid.

Generally you will find business owners to be on the conservative side. At least fiscally.

Like I said in a post above, it all changes when it is YOUR money they want to take.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies