Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 05:43 AM

773 posts, read 503,798 times

Advertisements

I was just watching my local news and they had a report on college students waiting overnight to get tickets to see Obama when he visits to campaign on the tax payers dime and push his jobless bill.

Some female students were asked if they knew anything about the jobless bill and the students responded by saying they don't know anything about the jobless bill or any other Obama's policies, but they agree with it all and support him.

These are freaking college students. Supposedly our future.

How on earth can college students admit they know ZERO about a politicians policies, yet at the same time claim they agree with the policies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 05:48 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Because the majority college students are morons. Many of them also see Jon Stewart as their primary news source, since he caters to the dumbed down 18-24 age crowd. You can get many students to sign a petition to ban dihydrogen monoxide and it's been done before. The good thing is, sometimes when they get out of college and out of the group-think mentality that permeates these institutions, they can see the forest through the trees and think for themselves (to a limited point). Other times, they stay liberals like some of C-D's

Old 09-13-2011, 05:50 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,375,581 times
It's no different from middle aged people who work for large corporations who criticize the health care reform.

I used to get inundated with chain emails passed on to me from a friend who works for a large defense contractor that were highly critical of the health care reform. Most of the emails contained no facts, just BS. Mind you, the guy I was getting them from has his health insurance premiums paid for by his large company (which also lives off of govt pork) while I as a self employed person pay my health costs out of pocket and after taxes.

I got so fed up with im sending me this crap that I finally asked how much he is paying or contributing to his health care plan. He said he didn't even know.

Uh-huh. **** and moan but have no idea what you're talking about.

It goes both ways and I am less forgiving of it when it comes from someone in their 60s who has supposedly been around the block.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:58 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,536 times
The college students love him because they think he is going to excuse their student loans. Robot followers with liberal professors and no mind of their own.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:09 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
I was just watching my local news and they had a report on college students waiting overnight to get tickets to see Obama when he visits to campaign on the tax payers dime and push his jobless bill.

Some female students were asked if they knew anything about the jobless bill and the students responded by saying they don't know anything about the jobless bill or any other Obama's policies, but they agree with it all and support him.

How on earth can college students admit they know ZERO about a politicians policies, yet at the same time claim they agree with the policies?
Yes, and conservatives are all geniuses.

How about the ultra knowledgeable Tea Party yelling "Keep government out of my Medicare"?

How about the number who don't even know anything about the health care law, but hate it anyways? I love where the guy keeps asking "Where is this in the bill?"...and you hear "I don't know, I haven't read it...I just watched Fox News".

At least these are documented for posterity, instead of some one just seeing it somewhere.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:18 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,474,737 times
All supporters of scumbag clown Obozo are stupid.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:19 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:

There once was a time when colleges had standards for admissions. Good grades and SAT scores tended to weed out the mental weeklings. Those standards made people that weren't qualified feel bad and were largely thrown out. That's part of the reason many colleges spend the first two years teaching remedial courses that used to be taught in high school. And why so many Obama supporters are there.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:25 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,677 times
Quote:

Do you have a link to support your allegation. I've already read numerous threads where Conservatives post the youtube link of the lady saying "obama is going to help pay her gas and house note" while either through ignorance or willful party allegiance, take the lady's statement totally out of it's original context.
I'd like to hear the context of your story.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:42 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,375,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Do you have a link to support your allegation. I've already read numerous threads where Conservatives post the youtube link of the lady saying "obama is going to help pay her gas and house note" while either through ignorance or willful party allegiance, take the lady's statement totally out of it's original context.
I'd like to hear the context of your story.
It's probably fake anyway. No proof, no link no nothing. That's how many of the Obama-haters operate. Make something up out of thin air, pass it around as if it were truth. I take it these people are not Christians otherwise they would have heard something about not bearing false witness.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:49 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Obama supporters are lowest of the low when it comes to intelligence.

How Obama Got Elected... Interviews With Obama Voters - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies