Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 02:08 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,204,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No thanks. It wouldn't make any difference. You and i already have our definitions set in stone.

You know what i mean, so there is no need for a long drawn out explanation. Obama has governed as a center-right president. Bottom line, end of story. Take it to the bank. Not saying that you have to believe it, but i damn sure do.
I actually do not know what you mean. As we are all debating based on certain base assumptions, let's get those assumptions out in the open. Do you want to have an adult conversation, or do you want to whine about republicans? I want to former.

If you want the latter, there is probably a freshman political science 101 course you could audit at a local liberal arts college, or better yet, if all you want to do is to complain about republicans, go watch the Daily Show. That way at least those of us who want to have reasoned, intelligent conversations don't have to hear you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 02:11 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,812,531 times
Quote:
You know what i mean, so there is no need for a long drawn out explanation. Obama has governed as a center-right president. Bottom line, end of story. Take it to the bank. Not saying that you have to believe it, but i damn sure do.
So I guess in your mind Obamacare is a center-right piece of legislature?

Old 09-13-2011, 02:12 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
I actually do not know what you mean. As we are all debating based on certain base assumptions, let's get those assumptions out in the open. Do you want to have an adult conversation, or do you want to whine about republicans? I want to former.

If you want the latter, there is probably a freshman political science 101 course you could audit at a local liberal arts college, or better yet, if all you want to do is to complain about republicans, go watch the Daily Show. That way at least those of us who want to have reasoned, intelligent conversations don't have to hear you.
Complain about Republicans? Dude...i aint thinking about yall. Seriously, chill with the self flattery. Once i log off of this computer, THE END.

Again (for the last time), the man is governing as a slightly right of center president. If he isn't, prove it. If he's such a commie like the right claims he is, show me. I sure as hell don't see it.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:14 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
No, but it has no public option either. Neither can you call it anything resembling national health care or Single Payer health care....which is what i liberal like me actually wants.

Seems to me that if he can't please libs nor please conservatives, he probably did the right thing....even though i don't like it at the end of the day.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:16 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,117,467 times
Quote:
I gave you examples.
You mean the snippets you posted without regard to context?

5,915 posts, read 4,812,531 times
Quote:
No, but it has no public option either.
It is not something a conservative president would sign into law.

Quote:
Complain about Republicans? Dude...i aint thinking about yall. Seriously, chill with the self flattery. Once i log off of this computer, THE END.

Again (for the last time), the man is governing as a slightly right of center president. If he isn't, prove it. If he's such a commie like the right claims he is, show me. I sure as hell don't see it.
PM me when you want to talk like an adult.

Until then, I think it is time for you to go back to 8th period gym class.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:17 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,266 times
Quote:
Obama has governed as a center-right president.
Isn't it rather curious that Obama the center-rightist could not get behind the bipartisan, centrist tax reform ideas of his own Simpson Bowles Commission or the Gang of Six outline for solving the debt/deficit debate? And that his own concept of changing the tax code is diametrically opposite of these centrist approaches?

Follow the money. He's no centrist.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:25 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,414,034 times
Quote:
Yes, absolutely. Not enacting any healthcare reform is far-right. Single-payer healthcare is center-left. Obama's plan is a center-right compromise.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar22 View Post
Yes, absolutely. Not enacting any healthcare reform is far-right. Single-payer healthcare is center-left. Obama's plan is a center-right compromise.
This is easily one of the most insane statements I have ever heard.

Single payer healthcare is extreme left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies