Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 02:00 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie22 View Post
Why during recent republican control did the dept of education nearly double??

Why under rep control did public healthcare increase with the addition of the prescription drug program???

are the standards unclear........the right screams about govt control while it actually increases gov't

I agree, that's a lot of spending. Wouldn't it be great to have federal deficits back down to 2-3% of GDP?

Historical Federal Receipt and Outlay Summary

You know, the way it was when Bush was president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 02:09 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Medicare D was a pretty blatant abuse of power by an elected official. To paint an entire party because of a single slimy individual is pretty ignorant, isn't it? To claim that Medicare D is representative of all republicans is like saying all democrats cheat on their wives because of the actions of Clinton. Stop trying to pick a fight and maybe we can have an adult conversation.
LOL...so Bush is slimy now, huh?

Funny, why didn't i hear all of this opposition to that bill from Republicans when he was president, huh? Why wasn't a Tea Party IMMEDIATELY started up in opposition to his policies?

I know why. Because you all believed in it at the time. Now in hindsight, you're all playing the denial game, but at the time you were all drooling over everything Bush signed. You were all cheerleading it.

You agreed with Medicare D at the time, so suck it up. I'm not buying the "slimy Bush" stuff in 2011.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:11 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Funny, why didn't i hear all of this opposition to that bill from Republicans when he was president, huh? Why wasn't a Tea Party IMMEDIATELY started up in opposition to his policies?

I know why. Because you all believed in it at the time. Now in hindsight, you're all playing the denial game, but at the time you were all drooling over everything Bush signed. You were all cheerleading it.

You agreed with Medicare D at the time, so suck it up. I'm not buying the "slimy Bush" stuff in 2011.
Obamacare is what bought many to be interested in politics.

Bush was never my "main man".

Old 09-13-2011, 02:14 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,203,236 times
Quote:

What? I wasn't talking about Bush. Do you know anything about Medicare D? PLEASE do some research before posting. I am talking about Billy Tauzin who coauthored the bill while simultaneously negotiating a $2-million-per-year job as a lobbyist for PhRMA.

Where the hell did you get the idea that I was talking about Bush? The fact that you would think I was talking about Bush shows how little you actually know about this particular bill.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
What? I wasn't talking about Bush. Do you know anything about Medicare D? PLEASE do some research before posting.

I am talking about Billy Tauzin who coauthored the bill while simultaneously negotiating a $2-million-per-year job as a lobbyist for PhRMA.

Where the hell did you get the idea that I was talking about Bush?
You said "slimy." But Tauzin qualifies too. Hell, most of the Repub caucus does, so i just chose the most obvious.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Obamacare is what bought many to be interested in politics.

Bush was never my "main man".
Yea...i know. He managed to win 2 terms because he wasn't the "main man" to any Republican. He got elected by a bunch of right wing ghosts.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:17 PM

8,414 posts, read 7,409,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I agree, that's a lot of spending. Wouldn't it be great to have federal deficits back down to 2-3% of GDP?

Historical Federal Receipt and Outlay Summary

You know, the way it was when Bush was president.
Wouldn't it be even better to have a federal surplus that would enable us to actually and significantly pay down the federal debt?

You know, the way it was just before Bush was president?

Old 09-13-2011, 02:19 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,896,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie22 View Post
Why during recent republican control did the dept of education nearly double??

Why under rep control did public healthcare increase with the addition of the prescription drug program???

are the standards unclear........the right screams about govt control while it actually increases gov't
Please provide robust documentation, to support your assertion, that the Department of Education doubled during a non-existent Republican control of the government. Thx.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:20 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,203,236 times
Quote:
You said "slimy." But Tauzin qualifies too. Hell, most of the Repub caucus does, so i just chose the most obvious.
I can't tell if you are a sincere 14 year old or just a troll...(maybe both?)

Old 09-13-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
I can't tell if you are a sincere 14 year old or just a troll...(maybe both?)
Yea...both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies