Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 11:11 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Why is. This subject such an issue during the debate. I also don't understand the cheering of thepublic of Michelle Bachman on her comments towards Rick Perry.

In my family had a huge scare which might have been prevented with Gardasil.

I guess Michelle doesn't know this....I have a lot of respect for her, but not when it comes to this subject.
I would have loved it.

I had cancer and a full hysterectomy at the age of 20.

Still I would have wanted a choice rather than a mandate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 11:14 PM

679 posts, read 614,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
You have no idea what the long term damage is.

True, but that can be said for an enormous amount of medicines. I also have no idea if someone will get cervical cancer or not, or if someone will have an adverse reaction or a number of things.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I would have loved it.

I had cancer and a full hysterectomy at the age of 20.

Still I would have wanted a choice rather than a mandate.
Everyone does have a choice. There is an opt out option

Old 09-13-2011, 11:17 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Wow, I think its happened. We have finally found an issue that is neither left nor right. From the responses on here, there seems to be both left and right for the vaccination and against it. The further debates on this should prove interesting.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:23 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
At least let women chose to get it before they start having sex like when they get on birth control pills. Why take meds before you need them anyway? That is a prescription for trouble with women getting sick. I wonder if the females that have had dire side affects can sue the government?

Many people got sick when the government said people should be vaccinated against a certain flu back when Ford president and many had bad effects from it. I think those people sued.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:27 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,210,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
At least let women chose to get it before they start having sex like when they get on birth control pills. Why take meds before you need them anyway? That is a prescription for trouble with women getting sick. I wonder if the females that have had dire side affects can sue the government?

Many people got sick when the government said people should be vaccinated against a certain flu back when Ford president and many had bad effects from it. I think those people sued.
As more girls today are not born into wealthy families, who would a woman sue if she gets HPV because she could not afford the vaccine and without government sponsor the insurance wouldn't pay?

Old 09-13-2011, 11:28 PM

Quote:

Women can chose to get it whenever they like, but the immune response is best (according to testing) around the ages of 12.

As far as people having side affects with vaccines, there is actually a government program for such people: VAERS

But no one is being forced to take Gardasil

Old 09-13-2011, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
As more girls today are not born into wealthy families, who would a woman sue if she gets HPV because she could not afford the vaccine and without government sponsor the insurance wouldn't pay?
I'm not saying don't get it I am saying get it when you go on the pill since that is when you are going to be sexually active and need it.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eborg View Post
Women can chose to get it whenever they like, but the immune response is best (according to testing) around the ages of 12.

As far as people having side affects with vaccines, there is actually a government program for such people: VAERS

But no one is being forced to take Gardasil
Girls that are 12 are sexually active? Now that is just wrong. Those girls are being sexually abused by older men.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:33 PM

Quote:
I'm not saying don't get it I am saying get it when you go on the pill since that is when you are going to be sexually active and need it.
But not all people become sexually active by choice. Not only that, some people become sexually active much younger than their peers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies