Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 01:39 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
First of all, I wasn't talking about federal employees. I'm talking about public sector employees. That includes heads of universities, local governments, etc. And as we all know, "earning" is not what you need to look at with regards to these jobs. You also have to figure in bonuses and benefits.

And really, just because you've "never met" someone, doesn't mean they don't exist.
Here's a good start on how much professors make at Iowa University.

Iowa City Press-Citizen Salaries
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
There it is...The Adoration of the Wealthy Above Any God syndrome.

Sounds like you and Gore should be pals if what you say about him is true!

Ya know LOTS of people WORK for their pay...like actors, union members, auto assemblers....their wages have stagnated or been decreased...executive pay has risen 23%.

TRY just for a brief second to understand that if more of a corporations profits went to the average workers instead of the UNnecessarily bloated pay of executives those workers would have more money to spend on the product that the company makes which makes the company more money. Those workers also have more money to spend on other things that other people make and then the economy gets better.

When most of the money goes to a few individuals it isn't aiding the health of the economy.

Thinking that someone who wears a suit and sits behond a desk is totally responsible for the profits is ridiculous.

As the executives of EXXON, Halliburton and that other criminal company that were at fault for last year's oil spill said, they weren't responsible. So if they're not responsible for such an enormous error and loss why are they solely "responsible" for a company's profits??

Trust me , these slobs will probably get raises as average southern Americans go under from their loss.

Makes YOU happy, right?
Your "share the wealth" mantra hasn't hit the private sector.......yet.........Thank the Lord!

Old 09-14-2011, 01:45 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,958,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
The nine million dollars is the point. Come on now. How many people who are not corporate scumbags get huge severence packages for destroying their company and proving they are incompetent? Most don't get jack, whether they perform or not. People around here like to act like the Wall Street and CEO salaries are earned. It is pretty clear that in many case they are not, and they see themselves as another class entirely. It is revolting. Such parasites are preying on America, not strengthening it.
You make a case of envy, simple as that. nobody is stopping you from getting the education you need, the experience and qualification required and then selling your ability to private companies to make similar amounts.

Old 09-14-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Do you people even think about the nonsense you post? So these evil private companies want to "break the workers" so they force everybody into poverty so they then can't afford to buy their products and this will somehow make all these evil companies richer when nobody can buy their stocks or products because they are all poor now??
I would like to think that he doesn't "think" such, rather he "feels" such and emotion is the primary driver of his analysis.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:00 PM

They have just bought into the entire class warfare game. Hell they bring up the evil exxon yet don't even know how much money those guys on rigs make. Average salary is around 100 grand or so. Of course we have the "not fair" rants too. Instead of whining go work your butt off and get ahead. If your happy working at mcdonalds your life then be happy. I wasn't when I was younger. I guess I could have sat around flipping burgers and then got pissed off as everybody moved on to bigger and better things then screamed not fair as many like to do nowadays.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
They have just bought into the entire class warfare game. Hell they bring up the evil exxon yet don't even know how much money those guys on rigs make. Average salary is around 100 grand or so. Of course we have the "not fair" rants too. Instead of whining go work your butt off and get ahead. If your happy working at mcdonalds your life then be happy. I wasn't when I was younger. I guess I could have sat around flipping burgers and then got pissed off as everybody moved on to bigger and better things then screamed not fair as many like to do nowadays.
Yep, and what blows me away is how people complain when they have all the tools they could ever need to learn and excel these days. Early on when I was teaching myself technology, I didn't have the luxury of numerous free learning topic sites for anything you could imagine served up in anyway imaginable to teach you on the internet. I had to buy a book (often just a basic reference book, not a how to), read it till my eyes bled, then if I still didn't get it, I picked up another on the topic and read through it until I did.

So many opportunities if one is just simply willing to gasp for them.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:13 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,815,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I cannot speak for all state government, universities, and the like, but I have never met a federal employee who earns more than $200k per year. Even people who supervise 100s of employees. 90+% earn less than $100k even with PhD and 30-40 years of service, and awards out the wazoo. There is no comparison with the CEO crowd.
Have you heard of Franklin Raines CEO of Fannie Mae?
He made millions and then left Fannie Mae while it was under investigation for accounting irregularities.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:16 PM

Hell nowdays the computer world isn't even difficult. Plug stuff in and wala your done. They can't even do that. Like you say it's all there in the books if you take the time to actually learn it. No that's too much work though. The quest for knowledge has been replaced by the quest to steal what others have earned through their knowledge.

Old 09-14-2011, 03:19 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Have you heard of Franklin Raines CEO of Fannie Mae?
He made millions and then left Fannie Mae while it was under investigation for accounting irregularities.
Yeah, and he probably should have gone to jail.
What's your point?

Old 09-14-2011, 03:22 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Hell nowdays the computer world isn't even difficult. Plug stuff in and wala your done. They can't even do that. Like you say it's all there in the books if you take the time to actually learn it. No that's too much work though. The quest for knowledge has been replaced by the quest to steal what others have earned through their knowledge.
Ah. I think you may be onto something here. Basically what these CEOs have figured out is just how to take the money and run.
Got it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies