Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2011, 10:35 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,961,065 times

Advertisements

But they than say (see TP thread uninsured) government cannot do anything right. That would mean the police and prosecutors convicted and executed innocent people. After all, both police and prosecutors are government employees.

Now since TP will say "They do everything wrong", their sole joy in cheering this would be enjoying acts of vindictive behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 01:20 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,277,740 times
Conservatives don't like innocent deaths (like abortions).
They do like those that murder dying.

In any case, most of the time these days states don't kill too many murderers because it costs too much and defenses get to have endless taxpayer money to defend people.
Most are settling for life sentences as being far cheaper to handle.

Old 09-14-2011, 01:35 AM

1,733 posts, read 1,821,523 times
I read something interesting on the subject of cultural differences between Europe and the USA some time back. I forget where, sadly, but one bit stayed with me.

The author was talking about differences in violent crime and murder rates between Europe and the USA. And he said that there was a big cultural difference underlying the difference.

Americans just feel more people deserve to die. It is a cultural difference.

That is why Americans have the death penalty, and why there is a higher murder rate, and why America has no UHC. He pointed out that states with higher muder rates have more executions, and I'd guess that the same states have a higher resistance to UHC.

Now I'm not sure I agree, I can see other reasons for states with high murder rates to execute more people, but it did make me think.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:56 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
But they than say (see TP thread uninsured) government cannot do anything right. That would mean the police and prosecutors convicted and executed innocent people. After all, both police and prosecutors are government employees.

Now since TP will say "They do everything wrong", their sole joy in cheering this would be enjoying acts of vindictive behavior.
I failed to see anything resembling your title in your post. How about something that upholds your title so I can talk with you about those horrible TP and Texas Republicans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies