Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 07:27 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Herman Cain says if Obama's health care plan had been in effect when he was diagnosed with cancer, he would be dead.

Breitbart.tv » Herman Cain Says He’d ‘Be Dead’ Under ‘Obamacare’
Hermain Cain is very wealthy. If his insurance didn't cover it he could just pay out of pocket.

What a stupid thing to say. Only an idiot would not question his logic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2011, 07:38 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,346,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Herman Cain says if Obama's health care plan had been in effect when he was diagnosed with cancer, he would be dead.

Breitbart.tv » Herman Cain Says He’d ‘Be Dead’ Under ‘Obamacare’
If he had the (partially corporate paid) medical plan that I have he be both broke and dead.
I wonder if the front line employees at Godfathers Pizza have the same plan as him?

Old 10-01-2011, 07:46 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Cain's a Repub....ergo he lies. Breitfart? ... nuf said there.

Old 10-01-2011, 11:12 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
And I could have easily been dead without it, if not for luckily obtaining a job with health insurance 4 months before I was diagnosed with cancer at 23. I was sick for 4 years prior to diagnosis but due to lack of adequate health insurance and lack of affordable care, I went misdiagnosed so that when I was finally diagnosed, it was Stage 4.

My medical team is against Obamacare, but only because it's not universal healthcare. This includes the head of lymphoma at one of the premiere cancer institutions in the country and the chief of oncology at an affiliate.
I am for Universal Healthcare. If we can send billions of Foreign Aid around the world why can't we do the same for us?

Old 10-06-2011, 05:18 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,354,685 times
If Obamacare is passed, it will becomes unconstitutional to have a Bible in your hospital nightstand even if it is your deathbed.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:23 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,137,017 times
Interesting. I am also a colon cancer survivor. Obviously, like Herman Cain, I am walk on the correct side of the dirt...

Yet, I had and have my insurance through the state of Connecticut's pre-existing condition insurance program, where I pay $426/ month for my health insurance. Yes, I have socialized insurance. As a small business owner, no insurance company will touch me...

So if it weren't for government healthcare, I'd be dead. Interesting that my experience is so different from Mr. Cain's.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:28 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
No!! And you know that's not what he's saying!! He's making the point they he did not have to WAIT! To see a doctor!! Cananda ....the waiting time can be 3 months!! That what Obama care is gonna do!! Time is of the essence with Cancer!!
...You're comparing UHC to Obamacare.

The two are completely different things.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:38 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Interesting. I am also a colon cancer survivor. Obviously, like Herman Cain, I am walk on the correct side of the dirt...

Yet, I had and have my insurance through the state of Connecticut's pre-existing condition insurance program, where I pay $426/ month for my health insurance. Yes, I have socialized insurance. As a small business owner, no insurance company will touch me...

So if it weren't for government healthcare, I'd be dead. Interesting that my experience is so different from Mr. Cain's.
I promise you that I would be dead now if Obamacare had been in effect when I had my heart attack in 2005. The attack came about 10:30 in the morning on a Sunday. I went to our country hospital and they sent me on to an outstanding heart hospital 140 miles away. I had a heart cath on Monday morning and my 6 by pass surgery took place very early on Wednesday.

Ok I am on Medicare and that didn't slow me down at all. If Obamacare had been around at that time there would have been all kinds of debating done by bureaucrats to determine if a 72 year old man should be saved by all that expensive care. By the time they determined that I had to have the surgery or die I would have been dead. Under the present system there was no waiting and an outstanding group of surgeons did the work. They knew that they weren't going to be paid nearly as much as they would if I had insurance, but they did the work anyway. Ah yes, I wouldn't be around now if Obamacare had been around back then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies