Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Your position on gay rights
I am a full supporter for all gay rights. 162 50.00%
I support some aspects of gay rights. 37 11.42%
I think that homosexuals and heterosexuals both have equal rights. 91 28.09%
I think that being gay is a sin, and therefore none of them should have rights. 34 10.49%
Voters: 324. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 10:13 AM

1,332 posts, read 990,677 times

Advertisements

I have 2 things against the gay community:

1. I find that their 'gay pride parades' are over the top. I believe that there is a great danger of children watching that decadent behavior. Not because it is gay people....but because it is LEWD and not meant for public viewing.

2. Part of the gay agenda concerns the organization NAMBLA....who is currently campaigning to reduce the age of consent for young men to 14 YEARS OLD!! I find that to be disgusting.

As for the rest...gay marriage and all of that? I don't like the idea that the customs and traditions of my country are changed to accomodate them...but I have gotten used to the idea and don't really give a damn anymore. There are far more pressing issues facing this country right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 02:25 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,574,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post

1. I find that their 'gay pride parades' are over the top. I believe that there is a great danger of children watching that decadent behavior. Not because it is gay people....but because it is LEWD and not meant for public viewing.

2. Part of the gay agenda concerns the organization NAMBLA....who is currently campaigning to reduce the age of consent for young men to 14 YEARS OLD!! I find that to be disgusting.
Whenever someone complains about NAMBLA, I stop taking them seriously. You've been looking at too many right-wing reactionary websites, and you're willing to believe any anti-gay garbage that's thrown at you.

Regarding the age of consent, did you know that the age of consent in most of Europe is 13, 14, or 15? And they seem to have a lot fewer problems and hangups when it comes to sex - lower disease rates, fewer unwanted pregnancies, etc.

And what is the "great danger" of children watching a gay pride parade? Please give an example of a child who was harmed or suffered psychological trauma from watching one. It seems to me that it's anti-gay adults who have the most trouble with them, not children.

Old 10-09-2011, 06:37 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,733,685 times
Quote:

As for the rest...gay marriage and all of that? I don't like the idea that the customs and traditions of my country are changed to accomodate them...but I have gotten used to the idea and don't really give a damn anymore. There are far more pressing issues facing this country right now.
I agree with you. Regarding the "gay parades" they are just inappropriate for children in general. Grown girly men running around wearing barely nothing is just strange and distrubing. The parades are over the top and just flat out weird. And the gay community wonders why we think negatively about their "lifestyle".

Something about being gay just does not sit well with me. It is VERY comparable to pedophilia. They are attracted to a certain thing yet they know in the back of their minds that they are wrong for being sexually attracted to it.

Old 10-09-2011, 06:56 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,296,135 times
Quote:

Again, this is ridiculous. Would you like to be judged by the antics displayed by other straight people at Mardi Gras, or Girls Gone Wild at Spring Break? What about wet T-shirt contests at the beach? Would you think it fair to be judged by same? For someone to say such events are part of the "straight lifestyle?" Of course not. They are PARTIES!!

The "Pride Parade" meme is a bunch of BS. How many straight people here have been wandering around town one day, only to accidentally bump into a gay pride parade? Guys in skimpy clothing or costume REALLY that offensive? I can go to any beach and see whale sized European and Canadian men in Speedos that are much more offensive. A dude in a dress with crazy make up? Big friggin whoop. You do realize that drag queens are like, 1% of 1% of the entire gay community? You also realize lots of straight men where women's clothing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep
No. The "gay agenda" does not "concern the organization NAMBLA." You will probably find more straight guys wishing they too could have sex with their daughter's high school friends than the entire membership of NAMBLA... which represents gays about as much as the Westboro Baptist Church represents Christians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep
The customs and traditions of the United States include child brides, slavery, segregation, child labor, Indian hunting, etc. etc. Western Civilization is marching forward on the issue, leaving the USA more and more like countries of the Middle East and their stone age cultures. Either we claim to be the fount of freedom, liberty and individualism, or we're a bunch of conformist morally collectivist social communists.... which is it?

Old 10-09-2011, 06:58 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,296,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel;

Something about being gay just does not sit well with me. It is VERY comparable to pedophilia. They are attracted to a certain thing yet they know in the back of their minds that they are wrong for being sexually attracted to it.

And the award for more ignorant comment of the night goes to..... envelope please..... TreasureJeweled, for a breathtaking display of overreaching hyperbole and devastatingly offbase analogy for her riveting comparison of homosexuality to pedophilia!

Congratulations!

Old 10-09-2011, 07:37 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,515,776 times
Quote:

1: Well you sound like a prude so I guess Mardi Gras in New Orleans would probably offend you as well since it is also full of "decadent behavior". Let's ban cheerleaders in skimpy outfits at high school football games as well!

2: NAMBLA is not some part of a "gay" agenda either. Why don't you just call it what it truly is? A adult having sex with a minor whether straight or gay is called Pedophilia and that has more to do with "sexual control" than it really has more to do about sex. The vast majority of adults who have sex with minors are mostly heterosexuals not Gays.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:40 PM

1,332 posts, read 990,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Whenever someone complains about NAMBLA, I stop taking them seriously. You've been looking at too many right-wing reactionary websites, and you're willing to believe any anti-gay garbage that's thrown at you.
North American Man/Boy Love Association - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Clearly NAMBLA has been a part of the gay movement from it's inception, and up until 1994. However...many prominent gay activists such as Allen Ginsberg and Harry Hay CONTINUE to support NAMBLA to this day.

Uh....I don't believe that wikipedia is a 'right wing reactionary website'. Maybe you need to get in touch with the roots of your own organization.

Quote:
Regarding the age of consent, did you know that the age of consent in most of Europe is 13, 14, or 15? And they seem to have a lot fewer problems and hangups when it comes to sex - lower disease rates, fewer unwanted pregnancies, etc.
Here even you are supporting the positions of NAMBLA. You disgust me. Like Obama, you want to model the United States after Europe. Sickening. And just because Europe decides it is right to feed the sick fantasies of aging pedophiles, it is the right thing to do here in the US as well?? Really....you should be ashamed of yourself...hopefully on some level you are.

Quote:
And what is the "great danger" of children watching a gay pride parade? Please give an example of a child who was harmed or suffered psychological trauma from watching one. It seems to me that it's anti-gay adults who have the most trouble with them, not children.
Children have no concept of what GAY sex is...and it is practically performed in public at some of these gay pride parades. It's over the top, and certainly I would never want my 8 year old son or daughter to see anything like that. Men painted up in glitter paint...kissing other men....humping them. It's disgusting. I don't give a damn if they want to do that to eachother in privacy...but it isn't for public display. Especially for those who have ne ver seen one of these spectacles before and don't know what to expect.

If I have to tell you what the danger of a young impressionable child witnessing that sort of thing is, then I pray that you never become a parent.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:50 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,319,771 times
Quote:

Is this a joke?

Have you ever been to a gay pride parade?

As for NAMBLA: Do you seriously think a small group of sicko pedophiles and pederasts whose main claim to fame is a virtually defunct website and a mention on every homobigoted website, has anything at all to do with the millions of gays and lesbians in the US?

Do you watch TV? Do you seriously have no idea how much heterosexual sex is portrayed on tv? Or the sexualization of children? How about the internet? Try googling 'schoolgirl rape'.

If you are worried about 'dangers to children' why are you looking at the 'gay community' (whatever that is)?

Do you not realise that almost all incest, sexual abuse and just general neglect and abuse of children is by straight people not gay and lesbian people?

Do you have daughters? Are you not concerned that 1.3 girls and women are raped every minute in the US?

Some people just love to swallow any and every bit of anti-gay propaganda from groups whose sole purpose is to vilify gay people with all sorts of baseless and malicious nonsense which is easily discredited if people took the time to find out if propaganda is actually based on any facts at all. Especially revolting is trying to paint gay and lesbian people as a threat to children by trying to link them with pedophilia and child abuse and 'recruitiment'.

People like you get all up in arms about non-existant 'dangers to children' from gay and lesbian people. Meanwhile you are taking the focus off combating the real threats to children. As a mother, I find that disgusting.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:58 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,319,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
I agree with you. Regarding the "gay parades" they are just inappropriate for children in general. Grown girly men running around wearing barely nothing is just strange and distrubing. The parades are over the top and just flat out weird. And the gay community wonders why we think negatively about their "lifestyle".
You've never been to a pride parade have you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
No. You are projecting. The fact that you are heterosexual of course means that homosexuality wouldn't "sit well with you". I imagine the same goes for gay people when they think of heterosexuality.

Old 10-09-2011, 08:00 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,515,776 times
Quote:
North American Man/Boy Love Association - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Clearly NAMBLA has been a part of the gay movement from it's inception, and up until 1994. However...many prominent gay activists such as Allen Ginsberg and Harry Hay CONTINUE to support NAMBLA to this day.

Uh....I don't believe that wikipedia is a 'right wing reactionary website'. Maybe you need to get in touch with the roots of your own organization.

Here even you are supporting the positions of NAMBLA. You disgust me. Like Obama, you want to model the United States after Europe. Sickening. And just because Europe decides it is right to feed the sick fantasies of aging pedophiles, it is the right thing to do here in the US as well?? Really....you should be ashamed of yourself...hopefully on some level you are.

Children have no concept of what GAY sex is...and it is practically performed in public at some of these gay pride parades. It's over the top, and certainly I would never want my 8 year old son or daughter to see anything like that. Men painted up in glitter paint...kissing other men....humping them. It's disgusting. I don't give a damn if they want to do that to eachother in privacy...but it isn't for public display. Especially for those who have ne ver seen one of these spectacles before and don't know what to expect.

If I have to tell you what the danger of a young impressionable child witnessing that sort of thing is, then I pray that you never become a parent.
You seem to know a lot as to
what goes on at a "Gay Pride" parade! Care to share why you know so much about them? AHEM!
I suggest then that you don't take your 8 year old "child" to a Gay pride parade then!
You are the "parent" and have the ability to "censor" what they can or can't see! Maybe we should be questioning your "parenting" skills instead!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies