Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 05:54 PM

1,282 posts, read 1,900,150 times

Advertisements

I am usually very rational and I try to get all the facts before I really jump down on the backside of somebody else whether it be a business or a person. And I will openly admit that I do not have all the facts on this as of yet. But what it appears to have happened is that a Petco store closed down after a flood warning and, despite the protest of employees who wanted to remove the animals from harms way, the management made the decision to allow the animals to drown rather than let the employees remove them.
I really do not think this business as a soul and I will never ever give them a dime of my business again. And while I am not a huge customer having only 2 dogs, I do have a moral compass which apparently this business does not have. And yes, if this is true, the managers should be criminally charged and face consequences as should Petco.
Dozens of animals die in Johnson City pet store flood : News : CNYcentral.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 06:11 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,409,927 times
With the due warnings given to him, I falult the manager. I am a huge huge animal lover advocat. These animals could have been saved, but this manager, paid no attnetion what so ever to his employees. I falult this management, the animals innocent could have been spared their life. Yes he is at fault, and i hate hearing stories as these ones, hate hate hate.
All guilty persons should be charged, and face the consequences of all these innocent animals, who drowned in a flodding, when this could have been prevented.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:25 PM

37,097 posts, read 42,098,467 times
I need to know more details before I accuse someone of MURDER, which isn't a word we apply to non humans anyway, or call for criminal charges.

What kind of animals are we talking here anyway? Could the store reasonably expect the flood waters to be so high? Could they have gotten all the animals out if they did? Were there any other stores with living things in them that perished? Did animals outside the store perish?

It's sad that they died but, you know, people died too. Natural disasters have a way messing with us like that.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:40 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,792,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I need to know more details before I accuse someone of MURDER, which isn't a word we apply to non humans anyway, or call for criminal charges.

What kind of animals are we talking here anyway? Could the store reasonably expect the flood waters to be so high? Could they have gotten all the animals out if they did? Were there any other stores with living things in them that perished? Did animals outside the store perish?

It's sad that they died but, you know, people died too. Natural disasters have a way messing with us like that.
You know, I'm really tired of people always throwing out the "people died too!" card when the discussion is about animals, particularly domesticated animals, whose lives could have been saved from a disaster. That's just ridiculous, as are your questions.

And how would you expect one to know just how high a flood will be? The best they can do is estimate to determine if evacuations are necessary. And yes, they could have gotten all the animals out, except may the FISH.

A few years ago I was volunteering for a rescue group that held adoptions at a local Petco, just about a couple of miles or so from a roaring brush fire. When we got the news to evacuate, you damn well better believe we got every darn animal out of there... every mouse, rat, guinea pig, chinchilla, rabbit, reptile, and bird, not to mention the dogs we were showing. Rescue volunteers, store staff and customers loaded up their cars/trucks/SUVs and transported ALL of them to another store.

The store manager that allowed those animals to perish needs to be prosecuted. What a dumbazz.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:44 PM

23,410 posts, read 36,915,433 times
Quote:

Um, hello, can we say preventable?

Old 09-14-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
You know, I'm really tired of people always throwing out the "people died too!" card when the discussion is about animals, particularly domesticated animals, whose lives could have been saved from a disaster. That's just ridiculous, as are your questions.

And how would you expect one to know just how high a flood will be? The best they can do is estimate to determine if evacuations are necessary. And yes, they could have gotten all the animals out, except may the FISH.

A few years ago I was volunteering for a rescue group that held adoptions at a local Petco, just about a couple of miles or so from a roaring brush fire. When we got the news to evacuate, you damn well better believe we got every darn animal out of there... every mouse, rat, guinea pig, chinchilla, rabbit, reptile, and bird, not to mention the dogs we were showing. Rescue volunteers, store staff and customers loaded up their cars/trucks/SUVs and transported ALL of them to another store.

The store manager that allowed those animals to perish needs to be prosecuted. What a dumbazz.
You are tired of it? Tough.

My post stands. I need more info. You have no more info but you judge anyway. Congrats on knowing everything but I'll wait on the facts if it's all the same to you.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Um, hello, can we say preventable?
Um, hello, you answered nothing. Why post?

I am an aminal lover. I just don't jump up and down about people being convicted of murder (of animals, where the word doesn't apply) when I have no facts and know that disasters are called disasters for a reason.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Um, hello, you answered nothing. Why post?
Try reading the original post, sparky.
I know asking you to read the attached link is waaaaaaay too much effort for you.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Try reading the original post, sparky.
I know asking you to read the attached link is waaaaaaay too much effort for you.
I read it and responded with a ton of questions. You quoted MY post and answered none of my questions. Why are you acting like I am an idiot?

Old 09-14-2011, 08:01 PM

Quote:
I read it and responded with a ton of questions. You quoted MY post and answered none of my questions. Why are you acting like an idiot?
Yes, and that would be that most of your original post had nothing to do with the matter at hand here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies