Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 08:07 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,523 times

Advertisements

I agree he had SOME good points (at fox). But I don't know rather it was Fox or just how he really was, he just started to get a little to extreme for me.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:08 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,054,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
No, I am not really a fan at all. I missed him Monday because I forgot he was going to finally be back on. Really anybody would be glad to see him if they could just see how much nicer his set is than the Fox one was.
Why would you spend two hours a day watching some one you aren't really a fan of...and tell everyone your life has really begun because he did so?

Then, because you haven't spent enough time, read his news blog online?

The only time I said "My life really began..." when talking about some one, it was in my wedding vows. Not about some TV host.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:18 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Roy, there's also a slap to the face to liberals because, apparantly, GBTV has more subscribers than Oprah has viewers

Old 09-14-2011, 10:44 PM

764 posts, read 597,193 times
Quote:
Yep, I spent the last two days from 4:00 - 6:00 pm CST watching the new Glenn Beck show on GBTV. He says that he spent $20 million out of his own pocket to build the studio and all the supplies he uses. I guess maybe Fox was controlling what he said a bit too much but his half hour about the history of Israel today was worth the price of watching him a month. I really wonder how many here know what he told today as the history of Israel from WW I to today. I will bet very few. I thought I knew a lot about it but found that maybe didn't know so much.

I won't bother you liberals too much with what he says since I am not sure that they know at Daily Kos and Media Matters that he is back again. I may have to get a bigger computer since mine is only about 17 inches wide, but on full screen that isn't bad.

I am really happy these days because of his return. Just unhappy that I forgot Monday.
Know how he got that money? Selling lies and scaring impressionable people like you...

Old 09-14-2011, 10:44 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Roy, there's also a slap to the face to liberals because, apparantly, GBTV has more subscribers than Oprah has viewers
Duly noted and forwarded to Attackwatch

Old 09-14-2011, 10:48 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,917 times
Roy, if you talk to Glen, please tell him to build a film studio and start making some decent, clean, worthwhile movies and tv programs. I'm done with ******* Hollywood. Thank God for Doris Day movies and Andy Griffith on DVDs.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:50 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
duly noted and forwarded to attackwatch

lol!!!!

Old 09-14-2011, 11:29 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
I can link you to some of his new work, if you would like. I really think that many of you left leaners may find him quite a bit different now that he is trying only to promote peace and pass on some information that few know. He might even get some lefties to watch if they get it done before they read too much on Media Matters when they finally realize that he is back on.
I don't have much respect for Beck because the gold company that Beck hawks is little more than a scam. The markups the company charges for gold is outrageously high.

Old 09-15-2011, 01:21 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
I used to listen to his show when he was in Philly. I just never liked him. I get where he's coming from and his style and he sort of has a flair for getting in your face and saying what others won't say in a unique way. But he comes across as somewhat of a clown.
He's not the untalented mean spirited boor Ed Schultz is or the head case misanthrope that Keith Olbermann was, Beck puts effort into what he does. Rachel Maddow thinks her viewers are morons and constantly talks down to them, not knowing that she herself comes across as very sophomoric with her lack of professionalism and lack of insight. Chris Matthews views his job as a joke and makes no effort to hide his lack of integrity. So don't say I'm anti Fox. Actually Fox is good that while they do have a bias they still make an effort to give their viewers the best political commentary and discussion you can find.
So I hope he finds success with more freedom to do what he wants. At least MSNBC will be able to base entire days of news and commentary on what he says.

Old 09-15-2011, 01:25 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times
No television program will ever make me feel like "life has begun again for me"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies