Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The Tea Partyâ„¢
Let him die!!! Yeah! YEAAAHHHH!!!!! 21 55.26%
Universal Healthcare 17 44.74%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 04:54 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,040,808 times

Advertisements

I gave up my ins in 87 when I got cancer.went from 300 per mo to 1800 per mo for a little 3k procedure. been paying cash ever since and get great discounts for it. my ins used to pay 350$ for my annual cancer screening,now I pay cash 75$. figure I'm about 50 grand ahead to date . If I get something really bad well heck I aint afraid to die.better than being a guinea pig.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 05:36 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,626,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
what u guys think
What do "I" think about the uninsured getting sick and injured? Personally, I think the government should pass a law to prevent the uninsured from getting sick and injured to begin with! We could start with that ANYthing deemed unhealthy -- smoking, drinking, eating fried chicken, not getting enough laps around the block and vitamin E, plus refraining from driving,

That would take care of the whole problem, wouldn't you think? Now, if they DID get sick and injured, then they have violated the law and deserve their own fate. After all, government TRIED intervention first, right? Stick 'em in concentration camps!

OR...perhaps you could donate more of your income (and get those you think like you, to do likewise) to give to charities which actually help people in need.

In fact, *curious* How much of your own income do you give to those in need as described by your own words? Those uninsured and sick and dying, I mean? The ones you profess such concern over. If it is not at least, oh, say, 25%, then I would say you are being extremely negligent in your duty to prevent the uninsured sick and injured from dying.

ARE you doing your duty here? Have you done your personal part in saving the said lives? If not *said solemnly* you might be judged guilty of letting someone die....*accusing stare*

Old 09-15-2011, 05:42 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,626,203 times
Default Seriously...

Naturally I was being facitious (except for the donate your own money part) in the above post...but only because it deserved no other reply. It was silly from the word get-go.

However, for the more serious minded, this is a good one from Ann Coulter on the whole hyperbole of the left in this regard. Say what one might about her writing styles and manner, but she tells it like it is.

Ann Coulter - September 14, 2011 - SO A COMATOSE GUY WALKS INTO A BAR ...

Old 09-15-2011, 05:49 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,993,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
What do "I" think about the uninsured getting sick and injured? Personally, I think the government should pass a law to prevent the uninsured from getting sick and injured to begin with! We could start with that ANYthing deemed unhealthy -- smoking, drinking, eating fried chicken, not getting enough laps around the block and vitamin E, plus refraining from driving,

That would take care of the whole problem, wouldn't you think? Now, if they DID get sick and injured, then they have violated the law and deserve their own fate. After all, government TRIED intervention first, right? Stick 'em in concentration camps!

OR...perhaps you could donate more of your income (and get those you think like you, to do likewise) to give to charities which actually help people in need.

In fact, *curious* How much of your own income do you give to those in need as described by your own words? Those uninsured and sick and dying, I mean? The ones you profess such concern over. If it is not at least, oh, say, 25%, then I would say you are being extremely negligent in your duty to prevent the uninsured sick and injured from dying.

ARE you doing your duty here? Have you done your personal part in saving the said lives? If not *said solemnly* you might be judged guilty of letting someone die....*accusing stare*
Yes, do your part, follow your leaders:

Joe Biden 2010 Income: $379,178
Joe Biden 2010 Donations: 5,350

All other earners averaging $379k in 2010 made $9,520 in charitable donations.

Biden Tax Return: Charitable Donations on the Low Side - Forbes

Interesting.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:57 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,655,189 times
Quote:

I donate between 10 and 15% of my after tax income to charities that specifically help those who can't afford treatment. I'm also a sitting committee member of two charities and donate my time mentoring those who have rare disorders and acting as a liaison between patients and drug producers. This is on top of being a full time student and working both a full and part time job.

So yeah, I'd say I do more than my part. I wish I could do more, but I donate as much time and money as possible because I've been in these peoples shoes. When I was diagnosed there was no mentoring program and no advocacy groups so I was a scared 11 year old girl who had no idea what wS going on. I will always be available to those who need help because I NEVER want another child or family to go through what I did.

Old 09-15-2011, 06:03 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,540,757 times
87% WOW! Anyone still on the fence about the tea party?

Old 09-15-2011, 06:05 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,405,690 times
So I guess Alan Grayson was right after all.

Alan Grayson on the GOP Health Care Plan: "Don't Get Sick! And if You Do Get Sick, Die Quickly!"' - YouTube

Old 09-15-2011, 06:06 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,540,757 times
Quote:
Naturally I was being facitious (except for the donate your own money part) in the above post...but only because it deserved no other reply. It was silly from the word get-go.

However, for the more serious minded, this is a good one from Ann Coulter on the whole hyperbole of the left in this regard. Say what one might about her writing styles and manner, but she tells it like it is.

Ann Coulter - September 14, 2011 - SO A COMATOSE GUY WALKS INTO A BAR ...
I will never read anything he writes ever.

Old 09-15-2011, 08:14 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,978,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
................Give us an example of such a charity, that will pay all expenses for an illness. Do you know how destitute you have to be to get on medicaid?
Children's hospitals are great for providing care regardless of the parent's ability to pay. St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

I contribute to St. Judes and to this one: Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics ranks among the nation's top pediatric medical centers

No charity OR government program OR insurance plan pays all expenses for an illness, nor should they. Get real Katiana.

Old 09-15-2011, 08:21 PM

2,979 posts, read 3,541,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
what u guys think
Your poll is flawed because there are several options in between. I don't believe in a government run single payer system and I don't want uninsured people to die from an illness or injury.

Last edited by D-Towner; 09-15-2011 at 08:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies