Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 07:04 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,613,550 times

Advertisements

What is the Tea Party? An incredibaly dangerous threat to our Constitutional Republic because it would replace debate with demagaugory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 07:10 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,426,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post

Now there is a nut!
Garofalo?

Her childish immaturity is so in your face, she never has anything for the issue, because she has none. Kinda like you.
Progressive cheer-leading!

Right there is the exact reason, the Progressives are losing ground so fast, it has set historical precedence.
CLUELESS!

Old 09-16-2011, 07:25 AM

37,883 posts, read 21,983,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
What doesn't the "tea party" form an actual party instead of trying to bend the Republican party toward their ideals? Just create an actual party and platform and field candidates who adhere to those ideas.
...because the TEA party is too narrowly focused to be a full blown national political party.

The TEA party is a national movement, and its members are telling our politicians to stop spending like drunken sailors, and stop using the power of the federal government to usurp state's rights, and dictate how they think we should live our lives.

To be sure, their will always be people with their own personal ambitions, whether it be immigration, traditional marriage, abortion or gun rights. These people will always attempt to use a national movement to further their own agenda. But the TEA party, as a movement, is very focused on a pushing for the federal government to be smaller, more limited and frugal with our taxpayer dollars, and for our politicians to follow the US Constitution more closely.

EDIT: Contrary to what some democrats in US Congress have said the TEA party is not focused on killing women or hanging black people.

Last edited by Wapasha; 09-16-2011 at 07:42 AM..

Old 09-16-2011, 07:54 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,195,692 times
You are all putting to much thought into it . Its easy to remember ...
STOP SPENDING MONEY !

The relationship between Democrats and the tea party reminds me of "I Love Lucy" . Ricky says " its not in the budget , we can't afford it ." Then Lucy buys the hat anyway , Ethel ( Republican politicians ) help but for the most part run off when Ricky comes home.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:33 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,092,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Did you not read the entire post? If you're going to make a stupid comment like the one above, at least make a few more, addressing all the other reasons I stated.

Be thorough! Nobody likes someone that does a half-ass job of something. It's that kind of work ethic that has brought this nation to where we are today!
I did read the entire post and quoted what was relevant to the topic
"What is the Tea Party"

Old 09-16-2011, 09:35 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,806,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Oh, yeah this must be what it is. I don't know what any of you progs think about the subject but I will bet that at least some of what you think can be found on this link. Glenn Beck and friends today exposed this site to me and I found some outstandingly stupid definitions of the Tea Party. They are so bad that I wondered if maybe they could have been suggested by Kos or some of his commenters. I get a laugh at most of them but really feel sorry for other people who read the Dictionary listed here. If this is an example of what urban really is I am glad I live in the sticks.

Urban Dictionary: Tea Party
What is the TParty? A 3 yr old bump on the log.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:50 AM

532 posts, read 1,174,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
"What is the Tea Party"
I agree with swagger. You didn't quote just what was relevant to the topic. You picked one blurb out of a completely relevant post in this thread and showed everyone how you can't really comprehend what swagger was saying. The whole post was a thorough explanation....you can't just pick 2-3 sentences and say "This was the relevant part".

I really don't understand people like you. I respect other opinions even if they don't match my own. Why can't everybody be tolerant to other viewpoints without bashing them?

Old 09-16-2011, 11:27 AM

23,612 posts, read 23,924,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
"What is the Tea Party"
Ah, so replies to the thread can only answer the question directly asked in the OP? Funny - I thought this was a discussion board. Silly me. Ok, so what's with your post above? It's not answering the question posed in OP! I call shenanigans.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:47 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,092,566 times
What is the tea party?

Quote:
First and foremost, it's a grassroots effort, not an organization with a defined structure and hierarchy. People throw around well-known names and make claims about who's "running the show" in an effort to demonize the movement, but the raw fact is that there are individual TEA Party groups in every major city in the country, and in many smaller cities and towns. Any affiliation they have with each other is loose, at best, and any funding they receive is exclusively from within their own ranks - typically just to cover the costs of the meetings they hold.
Thank you Swagger, you've answered the question, the rest of the post is not relevant to the topics question..

Old 09-16-2011, 11:52 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,182,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
What is the TParty? A 3 yr old bump on the log.
I guess your definition doesn't agree with most of those your type put in the Urban Dictionary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies