Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 05:14 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
This guy sure is scary, isn't he? I mean, despite his completely docile attitude and his hippy-like love for everybody, he's carrying a gun! He must be a scary guy!

If you saw me walking down the street, you wouldn't give me a second glance. Why should you? I carry my gun concealed. But if my gun were on the outside of my waistband, instead of on the inside, I'm suddenly a menace to society?

Y'all need to get a grip, and work to address your phobias. While you're doing that, leave those of us that are actually mentally and emotionally stable alone.
Probably as when people don't see you wearing a gun, they assume by default that you don't have one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 05:52 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Probably as when people don't see you wearing a gun, they assume by default that you don't have one.
Yes, so as long as people keep their alternative lifestyle out of public view, we are pretty much fine with it.

Old 09-16-2011, 05:56 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
It is sad really. These americans are singled out because they choose to scare the Hell out of people by walking around with guns. This kind of discrimination has no place in our society.

I mean if you see this guy walking on the street. You should treat him as you would any other. After all, he has the constitutional right to carry that weapon in public. This dicrimination has gone too far. They want and deserve their alternative lifestyle to be respected.

Open Carrier Discrimination - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 04/12/10 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

I thought Clinton banned AK's?

Old 09-16-2011, 06:03 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
The assault weapons ban sunsetted a few years back.

And it did nothing to stop the sale of AK type rifles anyway.

It did make gun fearing idiots FEEL better however.

Old 09-16-2011, 06:04 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Yes, so as long as people keep their alternative lifestyle out of public view, we are pretty much fine with it.
Doesnt matter what your fine with, its a Constitutional argument.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:35 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,313,112 times
A heavily armed paramilitary swat team goon carrying a machine gun is a much more scary image than that one. Guns are here to stay so buy some and have fun shooting target practice and or hunting instead of being scared of them.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:25 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73-79 ford fan View Post
A heavily armed paramilitary swat team goon carrying a machine gun is a much more scary image than that one. Guns are here to stay so buy some and have fun shooting target practice and or hunting instead of being scared of them.
I have guns. I am Marine Corp trained sniper and certainly not scared of them, but there is a time and place for guns, and walking around town with an M-16 would certainly cause some people a little concern, as it should. Anyone who needs to constantly carry a weapon in plain view has mental problems.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:29 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,376,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I thought Clinton banned AK's?
Where the hell have you been? The "Assault Weapons" ban, expired in 2004.

And it wasn't an outright ban, just on ridiculous cosmetic features like pistol grips. The manufacturers found a way around it.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:32 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,376,785 times
Quote:
I have guns. I am Marine Corp trained sniper and certainly not scared of them, but there is a time and place for guns, and walking around town with an M-16 would certainly cause some people a little concern, as it should. Anyone who needs to constantly carry a weapon in plain view has mental problems.
The Corp sure has you brainwashed, don't they?

This is common place in Israel. I saw 20 year old females in Civilian clothing walking around with M4's and Galil's. Nobody thinks anything of it.

If the retards in this country would stop being so afraid of an inanimate object, maybe we could start doing that.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:34 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Anyone who needs to constantly carry a weapon in plain view has mental problems.
You mean law enforcement?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies