Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 02:24 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
calling the president scum? No, you're not angry. You don't personally hate the president, only his policies. Yeah, right. It's posts like this that really turn me off to you guys. I can disagree with conservatives, but I absolutely cannot stand the tea party. H
Telling the truth doesn't require anger. Try it sometime..! obama is corrupt and I do hate corruption.
Try to tolerate the Tea Party, because we are here to stay, and will continue to drive the left crazy. I love it that they make you so furious. Their success is what makes you so angry, and anyone who supports obama should be angry.
By the way, your "Rolling Eyes" is purely Junior High School. Perhaps when you grow and mature, you will see things differently..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2011, 02:25 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Moderate Dems leaving-LOL-not if it is a TP man or woman. If it is MR, Obama is done.

Old 09-17-2011, 02:30 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,972,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
The more people hear about them, the more they dislike them

New CNN Poll: GOP divided over tea party movement – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
CNN poll ... LOL ... sure I believe that ... the liberals are notorious for disseminating misinformation to sway public opinion ... the ole "If you say it enough times some people will believe it"

Now when CNN, a left leaning news outlet, says "Obama is losing support from his base" then I would believe it ... and I would expect CNN to minimize or subdue the report ... oh wait a minute ...

CNN/ORC Poll: Dem support for Obama's re-election fades

Old 09-17-2011, 02:35 PM

RealClearPolitics - Election 2008 - General Election: McCain vs. Obama

CNN hit 2008 perfectly, Don9.

Old 09-17-2011, 02:35 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,481,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Telling the truth doesn't require anger. Try it sometime..! obama is corrupt and I do hate corruption.
Try to tolerate the Tea Party, because we are here to stay, and will continue to drive the left crazy. I love it that they make you so furious. Their success is what makes you so angry, and anyone who supports obama should be angry.
By the way, your "Rolling Eyes" is purely Junior High School. Perhaps when you grow and mature, you will see things differently..
Oh, trust me, I know the tea party is here to stay. In fact they've always been here...In a different time they would have opposed voting rights, civil rights, the creation of social security, medicare, national parks, food safety laws, labor rights, child labor laws, among others. The tea party is the enemy of everything that has guaranteed equality and protection to all groups of people in this country throughout its history.

Oh, you will always be here, but you will not always be relevant, and I'd be happy to drive the first nail in your political coffin and send your movement back to the middle ages where it belongs.

Old 09-17-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Oh, trust me, I know the tea party is here to stay. In fact they've always been here...In a different time they would have opposed voting rights, civil rights, the creation of social security, medicare, national parks, food safety laws, labor rights, child labor laws, among others. The tea party is the enemy of everything that has guaranteed equality and protection to all groups of people in this country throughout its history.

Oh, you will always be here, but you will not always be relevant, and I'd be happy to drive the first nail in your political coffin and send your movement back to the middle ages where it belongs.
You need to go back to school ... the democrats opposed voting rights, civil rights, and the end of slavery

Old 09-17-2011, 02:48 PM

Don9, The South moved GOP after LBJ led the charge to get civil rights legislation. Not all the South, but the stubborn persistently backwards Mississippi (most notably), plus Bama, simply shifted against whichever party pressed forward with civil rights legislation. Thankfully, their efforts were futile. But party was just a means to an end for them.

Some of the GOP, and yes, of the TP would love to turn back the clock 60 years. Sadly, such elements are properly called racists.

Old 09-17-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Don9, The South moved GOP after LBJ led the charge to get civil rights legislation. Not all the South, but the stubborn persistently backwards Mississippi (most notably), plus Bama, simply shifted against whichever party pressed forward with civil rights legislation. Thankfully, their efforts were futile. But party was just a means to an end for them.

Some of the GOP, and yes, of the TP would love to turn back the clock 60 years. Sadly, such elements are properly called racists.
Right and Senator Byrd and Harry Truman were not in the KKK

Old 09-17-2011, 03:09 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:

Without a doubt...

John Birch Society reborn in Tea Party movement?
John Birch Society reborn in Tea Party movement? | The Daily Caller

Old 09-17-2011, 04:44 PM

Byrd was in the Klan, and David Duke was a member of the GOP. Don9, the common denominator of the party affiliation was the racism of the moment , as the fans of the various Southern "councils" perceived them. The reality is, I wish BOTH parties would have told such extremists "We're united. Neither of us want your votes."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies