Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 04:49 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
You would ask that.
But you wouldn't attempt an answer, would you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2011, 04:51 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
That Eddie Murphy clip is hilarious!

Anyway Sonneborn doesn't look very convincing. But I can see the humor from a German's point of view.
German comedian Martin Sonneborn's blackface Obama billboard causes outrage | Mail Online
Would have been better if he had gotten the shade right. Obama is half white you know.

Old 09-17-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I has happened before. You can still rent this movie at netflix - hasn't been banned.

C. Thomas Howell - Soul Man
I was referring to the bunched up liberals on this thread having an issue.

I saw Soul Man when it premiered. Not sure how liberal freaks would accept it today.

Old 09-17-2011, 04:56 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Would have been better if he had gotten the shade right. Obama is half white you know.
You just reminded me of the reddest hair I have ever seen. It was on a very light skinned kid who was obviously a left over of some black American soldier running around in Munich. The kid was also very heavily freckled. Sometimes the mixing of races causes some very interesting results. Obama is one of the lucky ones.

Old 09-17-2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You just reminded me of the reddest hair I have ever seen. It was on a very light skinned kid who was obviously a left over of some black American soldier running around in Munich. The kid was also very heavily freckled. Sometimes the mixing of races causes some very interesting results. Obama is one of the lucky ones.
I happen to think the prettiest women are multi racial. The prettiest men are also. LMAO.

Old 09-17-2011, 05:10 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I happen to think the prettiest women are multi racial. The prettiest men are also. LMAO.
That's an interesting point. I once was invited to be a panelist at a colloquium at Howard University in Washington, D.C. Coming from the Pacific Northwest, I was stunned by the beautiful (and intelligent) female students I encountered there. (I have to admit that I didn't pay as much attention to the men!)

There is beauty everywhere, among all people. If the world would just simmer down little and see folks for what they are, our innate qualities as human beings would come into focus, and we woud all be a lot better off -- and racism would be a thing of the past, like smallpox and typhoid fever.

It's up to the young people of today to realize this and make it the default perspective. Personally, I think most of them are up to it.

Old 09-17-2011, 05:14 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
You would ask that.
It's a legitimate question.

And that article is worthless. They couldn't put a photo of the subject in question? C'mon.

Old 09-17-2011, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
That's an interesting point. I once was invited to be a panelist at a colloquium at Howard University in Washington, D.C. Coming from the Pacific Northwest, I was stunned by the beautiful (and intelligent) female students I encountered there. (I have to admit that I didn't pay as much attention to the men!)

There is beauty everywhere, among all people. If the world would just simmer down little and see folks for what they are, our innate qualities as human beings would come into focus, and we woud all be a lot better off -- and racism would be a thing of the past, like smallpox and typhoid fever.

It's up to the young people of today to realize this and make it the default perspective. Personally, I think most of them are up to it.
I'm secure enough in my manhood to recognize the beauty in men.

The most beautiful lady I have seen in my lifetime is Halle Berry who is multi-racial. My wife agrees BTW.

Old 09-17-2011, 05:25 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Why are white people not offended when a black person goes "white face"
Can you name names?

I am not offended when a black comedienne impersonates or portrays a white man to go "white faced". why should I be.

There was a movie a while back where a black man wakes one morning and he is white. Pretty funny movie.

I don't re-call anybody complaining.

If a white man is going to portray Obama he should look the part.

Old 09-17-2011, 05:31 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
The only comic I have ever seen do that is Eddie Murphy and he was hilarious!

Coming To America - End Credits - Taste the soup - YouTube

The Wayan brothers, and it was funny as hell too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies