Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think a North American Union will become a reality??
Yes, soon the USA, Canada, and Mexico will be unified as 1 country. 7 33.33%
Yes, it will happen, but maybe in 100+ years. 4 19.05%
No, this will NEVER happen / No, it is not happening now. 4 19.05%
I do not know. 6 28.57%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 03:41 PM

36 posts, read 89,220 times

Advertisements

It is true that much of what is REALLY going on behind the scenes politically will eventually result in a North American Union, as both Bush and Clinton are globalists, not patriots. The American people have been lulled into indifference by a media effort to fill our minds with useless issues (i.e. Parris Hilton, American Idol, WWF, etc), profane entertainment, concern about material wealth and possessions, vanity, immorality (push for same sex marriage, abortion, and other loathesome things). In other words, we are seeing the moral and spiritual decline of our nation. It may not be too late if we turn to God and stand behind moral leaders with the courage to change our course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2007, 03:49 PM

320 posts, read 296,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flanagan View Post
It is true that much of what is REALLY going on behind the scenes politically will eventually result in a North American Union, as both Bush and Clinton are globalists, not patriots. The American people have been lulled into indifference by a media effort to fill our minds with useless issues (i.e. Parris Hilton, American Idol, WWF, etc), profane entertainment, concern about material wealth and possessions, vanity, immorality (push for same sex marriage, abortion, and other loathesome things). In other words, we are seeing the moral and spiritual decline of our nation. It may not be too late if we turn to God and stand behind moral leaders with the courage to change our course.
Why is homosexuality "loathesome?"

Old 08-19-2007, 05:29 PM

764 posts, read 1,456,852 times
This NAU idea is not some concoction in the minds of conspiracy theorists. The proposals contained herein are carefully crafted words describing the plans for America and Mexico to grab access to, and in the case of America, control of Canada’s resources, government, and economy. Once this “deep integration” has begun it will be analogous to removing a barbed arrow to stop it—a greater wound channel will result than what was caused by the entry.

(snip)

PROJECT DESCRIPTION

In order to strengthen the capacity of Canadian, U.S., and Mexican administration officials
and that of their respective legislatures to analyze, comprehend, and anticipate North
American integration, the CSIS North America Project proposes to carry out a series of
seven closed-door roundtable sessions.

(snip)

http://www.canadians.org/water/docum...uture_2025.pdf

Backgrounder: The North American Future 2025 Project

New documents obtained by the Council of Canadians provide damning evidence of how
North American integration is being carried out by stealth. They describe a series of
closed-door meetings with government officials and business leaders from Canada,
Mexico and the United States to discuss everything from bulk water exports to a joint
security perimeter and a continental resource pact, all with the explicit aim of helping
executive-level politicians further integrate our three countries.

(snip)

http://www.canadians.org/water/docum...ckgrounder.pdf

Old 08-19-2007, 05:41 PM

478 posts, read 959,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
Those that don't learn from history are condemned to repeat it.

I'm guessing they haven't learned a thing from ancient Rome, and more recently, England and Spain.

....if you look at the quarantine camps they're building for us the idea is not that far fetched. Add that to training members of the clergy to handle us in the case of an "emergency".

~T
Speaking to that point of the clergy, in times of that "Emergency"... check out this report.... from a "mainstream media" source! Lol... like that matters... but...

YouTube - Freaky News Report About Clergy Used In US Martial Law

Old 08-19-2007, 07:08 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,317 times
This actually provides some nice history relating to where this idea comes from and how it gets propogated along.

Nation & World | Urban legend of "North American Union" feeds on fears | Seattle Times Newspaper

Old 08-19-2007, 07:21 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,233,542 times
I questioned my Senator about this last year. Specifically, the NAFTA Superhighway.

Below is the response that I received, some 5 months later.

Dear Mrs. ,

Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition to a North American Union and a North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) Superhighway. I appreciate hearing from you.

Congress has neither authorized n or appropriated funding for any type of NAFTA Superhighway nor has legislation to do so been considered. Y ou may be interested to know that Congressman Virgil Goode o f Virginia introduced H.Con.Res.40 , a resolution expressing wariness over a NAFTA Superhighway and a North American Union, on January 22 , 200 7 . This resolution urged the United States not to engage in any form of construction for a NAFTA Superhighway.

At this time, H.Con.Res.40 has been referred to the House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure and the House Committee on Foreign Affairs. Rest assured, I will certainly keep your concerns in mind should this legislation be brought to the Senate floor for a vote .

Thank you again for sharing your concerns with me. Please feel free to contact me in the future about anything important to you or your family. It is an honor to serve you and the people of South Carolina .

Sincerely,

Jim DeMint
United States Senator

Old 08-19-2007, 08:05 PM

543 posts, read 1,228,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebuilder View Post
we will see who is left laughing last soon...........
I was laughing because I have been called a conspiracy therorist. I am against this push for open borders, something is just not right. What do you think they are not telling us about it? Why the secret, behind closed door meetings?

Last edited by Floridanative2; 08-19-2007 at 08:08 PM.. Reason: added

Old 08-19-2007, 08:08 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,677,572 times
I answered I don't know. The initial steps have already been taken, but it's too soon to see how everything's going to play out. This is something the public will eventually become enraged over. It just all comes down to how soon Americans, and Canadians for that matter, open up their eyes.

Old 08-20-2007, 01:08 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,839,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
I answered I don't know. The initial steps have already been taken, but it's too soon to see how everything's going to play out. This is something the public will eventually become enraged over. It just all comes down to how soon Americans, and Canadians for that matter, open up their eyes.
Yes, that's the hope. The key is to make a lot of noise against this terrible plan before the deck is stacked too high. Bush is in Canada now meeting with the leaders of Canada and Mexico, no doubt to make sure everyone is on the same page on NAU and to push it through their respective governments I do have some hope that if enough people and politicians make a huge protest over this that NAU will be dumped or at least put off for a long while. Look at what happened with Bush's illegal immigration/amnesty bill

By the way NAU is called by another name: the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America. Just so you know.

These morons purposely give these programs obscure names to try and throw the general public off

Old 08-20-2007, 01:18 PM

320 posts, read 296,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flanagan View Post
John, with all due respect, I was 17 and knew more about global affairs and "homework" information than my parents. Don't blame the media, you've gotta take responsibility for your own laziness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies