Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 07:38 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,986,167 times

Advertisements

With what seems like dozens of anti-police/law enforcement threads on here in the name of balance I would like to dedicate this thread to posting stories of police officers doing the right thing. Post stories of cops doing heroic deeds or good acts on this thread.

Quote:
Crenshaw, MS - A Mississippi woman and her family are calling a Crenshaw police officer a hero for saving her life and nearly losing his own.
The police officer was shot while looking for a suspicious person in the woman's home Sunday night. Her family says, she's taking one day a time. But they say she's worried about the officer, who's recovering at the MED and wants his family to know, he's a hero.
Hero Cop Saves Woman's Life | MyFoxMemphis | Fox 13 News (http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/mississippi/020910_hero-cop-saves-woman%27s-life - broken link)

Philadelphia Police Officer Saves Life - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2011, 07:54 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,960,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
With what seems like dozens of anti-police/law enforcement threads on here in the name of balance I would like to dedicate this thread to posting stories of police officers doing the right thing. Post stories of cops doing heroic deeds or good acts on this thread.

Hero Cop Saves Woman's Life | MyFoxMemphis | Fox 13 News (http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/mississippi/020910_hero-cop-saves-woman%27s-life - broken link)

Philadelphia Police Officer Saves Life - YouTube
There are plenty of good cops out there...no doubt. I know and am related to a few, but there are some damn bad ones as well.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:21 PM

45,250 posts, read 26,493,925 times
Aww good cop want a cookie for doing his job?

FYI: The real heros are the regular citizens who selflessly put their life on the line for another without extorting the taxpayer for payment.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:26 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,505,785 times
I don't see anyone calling their Uncle Carmine to go find the thief who stole their TV. It's always that 911 call.

Always.

Hypocritical children, these anti-police types.

Old 09-18-2011, 05:37 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,767,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
With what seems like dozens of anti-police/law enforcement threads on here in the name of balance I would like to dedicate this thread to posting stories of police officers doing the right thing.

Totally wrong. They are anti-police abusing their power threads.

Old 09-18-2011, 05:41 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,767,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
I don't see anyone calling their Uncle Carmine to go find the thief who stole their TV. It's always that 911 call.

Always.

That's their JOB. Doing your job without committing a crime or abusing your power is NORMAL behavior for most people. Are you saying it's so unusual for cops to do their job without abusing their power that we need to publicize that stellar performance?????

Maybe we should start a thread about milk men delivering the milk on time while at the same time NOT stealing from his customers.

Or the millions of other workers who do their job every day without committing a crime or abusing their power.... and they never get publicity. BECAUSE IT'S NORMAL BEHAVIOR.

Old 09-18-2011, 05:50 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,092,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
That's their JOB. Doing your job without committing a crime or abusing your power is NORMAL behavior for most people. Are you saying it's so unusual for cops to do their job without abusing their power that we need to publicize that stellar performance?????

Maybe we should start a thread about milk men delivering the milk on time while at the same time NOT stealing from his customers.

Or the millions of other workers who do their job every day without committing a crime or abusing their power.... and they never get publicity. BECAUSE IT'S NORMAL BEHAVIOR.
You're exactly right...if you bid on the job,do the job....I've never bought into that firefighter/cop hero crap in the least...if you get paid to do it,cash the check and do what's required of you...otherwise,go home.

Old 09-18-2011, 06:35 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,174,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post

Always.

Nothing hypocritical about it. Someone comnes in to steal my tv, they will find themself carried out in a body bag. And before you reply with "your tv isnt worth someones life", true, but my families safety and sense of security sure is.

Old 09-18-2011, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
You're exactly right...if you bid on the job,do the job....I've never bought into that firefighter/cop hero crap in the least...if you get paid to do it,cash the check and do what's required of you...otherwise,go home.
They're not heroic because they do their job. They're heroic because their jobs at times require them to go above and beyond what most people, including you probably, would be willing to do to earn a paycheck. I'd like to see you run into a burning building or risk getting shot to save someone's life internet tough guy.

Old 09-18-2011, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Totally wrong. They are anti-police abusing their power threads.
Bull****. Plenty of people on those threads found it a golden opportunity to bash law enforcement. Why don't we start threads everytime a cashier steals money from their store? Why don't we start a thread everytime some pencil pusher calls out "sick" but really just wants to go to the ballgame that day? Because you have nothing against cubicle drones or cashier's, but you seem to hate cops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies