Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 09:11 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,046,814 times

Advertisements

When she was on Bill Maher she actually said she knows people who are embarrassed to say that they're Republican...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2011, 09:44 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
When she was on Bill Maher she actually said she knows people who are embarrassed to say that they're Republican...
It seems easy enough to jump ship and change parties. Why would anyone stay affiliated with a party that they are ashamed to say they are part of???

Old 09-17-2011, 10:42 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
She's an "Air Head"!! Her boob shot was for the men, she knows her brain is nothing to get excited about.

I'd have to say I'm not sure what she represents, but she seems to be on the wrong side of politics. She thinks bashing women gets her ahead, think she might make a better liberal.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:01 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,312,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Finally, someone got it.
As Marv Albert would say "yes".

Gotta say she is kind of cute.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:37 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,697,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Is there any Republican voter in this forum who thinks Meghan McCain represents their views? That she's the go-to person when you are formulating opinions about the issues and/or the candidates? I'm trying to figure out why she gets any attention at all from the media. What exactly are her credentials that they keep giving her a microphone? Is it just that Obama's kids aren't old enough yet to make them news analysts with opinions on important issues?
Well the question is, should another public figure like Meghan McCain or conservative represent your political views?

I think not. The great thing about our country is that each individual has the right to express their opinion freely.

That's why when public figures and politicians endorse a running candidate, I take them with a grain of salt.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:42 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I assume it is because she has been around politics for her entire life and her age gives her a more modern perspective.

Meghan McCain on the Future of the Republican Party
Meghan McCain on the Future of the Republican Party

Also appears that the current crop of representatives on the right are way to radical Neocon to be recognized as the real Republican Party anymore.
I didn't realize you had become a Republican.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Instead of asking us to do your research for you, why don't you do the research, then come back and discuss her credentials and views.
I want to know the opinions of people for whom she speaks. Is that you? Obviously, the media thinks she speaks for some Republicans or they wouldn't keep giving her a microphone. I've just never heard any Republican line up with her.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
Well the question is, should another public figure like Meghan McCain or conservative represent your political views?

I think not. The great thing about our country is that each individual has the right to express their opinion freely.

That's why when public figures and politicians endorse a running candidate, I take them with a grain of salt.
My mailman has opinions on the issues but I don't see him invited on TV news shows to discuss them as an authority. You know, if she said something once and they all pounced on her as a curiosity (daughter of a well-known politician), I could understand. It's the repeated invites that I don't get.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:58 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,697,746 times
Quote:
My mailman has opinions on the issues but I don't see him invited on TV news shows to discuss them as an authority. You know, if she said something once and they all pounced on her as a curiosity (daughter of a well-known politician), I could understand. It's the repeated invites that I don't get.
Then ignore her.

Sarah Palin likes to be in the media spotlight and express her opinions as if she speaks for all Americans, but I manage to ignore her.

Old 09-18-2011, 12:25 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Is there any Republican voter in this forum who thinks Meghan McCain represents their views? That she's the go-to person when you are formulating opinions about the issues and/or the candidates? I'm trying to figure out why she gets any attention at all from the media. What exactly are her credentials that they keep giving her a microphone? Is it just that Obama's kids aren't old enough yet to make them news analysts with opinions on important issues?
Sooooo....why should anyone go to Laura Ingraham and not Meghan McCain? Is she not an American citizen with the right to give her opinion regardless of how stupid it might be?

She gets attention because of the obvious....she's the daughter of a Senator. I don't see anyone complaining about Liz Cheney. Hell, if her dad wasn't a bigwig in the party, who would listen to anything she had to say? Same for Mike Reagan. My God...he's a complete boob, and if his last name wasn't Reagan, he wouldn't even be qualified to write a grocery list. Yet, he walks around as a big authority. On what...hell, i don't even know.

It's all relative. Meghan McCain is just as qualified as half the talking head idiots on TV that give political opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies