Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 04:09 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Who cares what her "credentials" are? She probably has better credentials than Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Hannity, Beck, or Maddow and the rest of the hacks out there.
Very good point. At least she graduated college, which you can't say for Limbaugh or Beck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 04:35 PM

1,391 posts, read 2,646,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Very good point. At least she graduated college, which you can't say for Limbaugh or Beck.
But Beck has an honorary Doctorate!

Old 09-18-2011, 04:48 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
Meghan McCain talks like a "valley girl". She is a grown woman. Her education does not come across when when she speaks.

Old 09-18-2011, 04:55 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
no, obama's daughters are not Blond
I always confuse McCain and Cheney's daughters.

They're all about the same age and blond.

And . . . .

Forget it.

Old 09-18-2011, 05:27 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
It's easy why, LC. M Mc is a 'Valley girl' type...far to the left of her Dad...and she's outrageous...to the point that the MSM subtly wants to exploit her, and seeks to make a joke of the Conservatives...in doing so. Her journalistic endeavors give her an 'in' to an extent....goofy as most her ideas are.

M Mc is pretty in a kind of 'Hollywood' way....so she attracts the same type attention ...as a Paris Hilton, etc. - Makes for a popular subject....in this jaded world of show biz Politics.... 2011 version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Meghan McCain talks like a "valley girl". She is a grown woman. Her education does not come across when when she speaks.

Hey 'mommy,'
You're wiser than you sound. You read my post about Meghan girl.
'er...ya want my twitter address?

Old 09-18-2011, 05:33 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Hey 'mommy,'
You're wiser than you sound. You read my post about Meghan girl.
'er...ya want my twitter address?
I didn't read your post but it appears we agree. I don't "tweet" as I don't have enough hours in my day.

Old 09-18-2011, 05:58 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,220 times
Quote:
I didn't read your post but it appears we agree. I don't "tweet" as I don't have enough hours in my day.
Okay

Old 09-19-2011, 08:34 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
I didn't read her book. From what I hear she had all kinds of wrong grammar. She is not a Republican.............. she is a Liberal, in Republican clothing!!

Old 09-19-2011, 10:33 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Sooooo....why should anyone go to Laura Ingraham and not Meghan McCain? Is she not an American citizen with the right to give her opinion regardless of how stupid it might be?

She gets attention because of the obvious....she's the daughter of a Senator. I don't see anyone complaining about Liz Cheney. Hell, if her dad wasn't a bigwig in the party, who would listen to anything she had to say? Same for Mike Reagan. My God...he's a complete boob, and if his last name wasn't Reagan, he wouldn't even be qualified to write a grocery list. Yet, he walks around as a big authority. On what...hell, i don't even know.

It's all relative. Meghan McCain is just as qualified as half the talking head idiots on TV that give political opinions.
I'm not seeing it.

Is Liz Cheney, Cheney's daughter and isn't she on a lot of shows now because she co-authored his latest book so she's on shows talking about the book? Oh yeah, and the Reagan boys both have talk shows, don't they? If McCain's kid wants to talk about him, fine by me. I just don't get why her opinion on anything else merits attention.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:27 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I'm not seeing it.

Is Liz Cheney, Cheney's daughter and isn't she on a lot of shows now because she co-authored his latest book so she's on shows talking about the book? Oh yeah, and the Reagan boys both have talk shows, don't they? If McCain's kid wants to talk about him, fine by me. I just don't get why her opinion on anything else merits attention.
For the same reason that Liz Cheney's opinion merits attention...someone wants to read/hear it.

Again, why is she LESS qualified to talk about politics than the Reagan's or Liz Cheney? What makes them experts on anything? Well, the same things that make them experts make her an expert too. This is a goose/gander argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies