Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 02:30 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
For the same reason that Liz Cheney's opinion merits attention...someone wants to read/hear it.

Again, why is she LESS qualified to talk about politics than the Reagan's or Liz Cheney? What makes them experts on anything? Well, the same things that make them experts make her an expert too. This is a goose/gander argument.
What makes Limbaugh, Hannity and Beck experts. Hell they could not even graduate college. The only thing they are experts at is quitting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2011, 08:12 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
What makes Limbaugh, Hannity and Beck experts. Hell they could not even graduate college. The only thing they are experts at is quitting.
I certainly agree.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:42 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Who cares what her "credentials" are? She probably has better credentials than Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Hannity, Beck, or Maddow and the rest of the hacks out there.
Maddow has a Phd from Oxford.

Old 09-20-2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Maddow has a Phd from Oxford.
Does a PHD make her more qualified to be a talking head?

In fact, what ARE the qualifications to be a TV talking head....i ask because it seems to me that you just need to be fairly articulate and have a half ass grasp of issues. If so, then Meghan McCain qualifies as much as anyone else.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:01 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I think she is just as cute as she can be. What a pleasure to see someone her age confess to being a Republican. I appreciate her point of view and her willingness to risks. Most of the time I agree with her. It is nice to see the young ones getting involved. Most don't give a damn.
If there are more Republicans like her, I'll be glad to listen to what she has to say.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:10 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Is there any Republican voter in this forum who thinks Meghan McCain represents their views? That she's the go-to person when you are formulating opinions about the issues and/or the candidates? I'm trying to figure out why she gets any attention at all from the media. What exactly are her credentials that they keep giving her a microphone? Is it just that Obama's kids aren't old enough yet to make them news analysts with opinions on important issues?
She doesn't come close. Her Daddy isn't a true Republican, and she sure as heck isn't.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
She doesn't come close. Her Daddy isn't a true Republican, and she sure as heck isn't.
True Republican in what sense? If he isn't, then why did he win the nomination in the last election?

Old 09-20-2011, 09:08 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
True Republican in what sense? If he isn't, then why did he win the nomination in the last election?
In todays world, you can't be a true Republican unless you are so far right that you believe slavery was a fine institution that we need to consider going back to and the 13th amendment was itself unconstitutional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies