U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 01:00 PM

29,984 posts, read 40,496,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
The bill if passed will lead to job growth seeing first hand at the I-85 Yadkin River bridge crossing in NC. I for one want it to pass and will tell my Repub. reps. that they need to get it passed. Stop messing with the economy to forward a failed concept.
It is that kind of "what's in it for me" additude that has destroyed this country. Read the text of the bill and see the damage it will do. See the Donors to Obama who are getting payback. Short term infrastructure projects should not be contained in these kind of bills. Yet, they are (Clinton was a master at it) and the public falls for them every time.

Seriously, there is so much more contained in this bill than your I-85 bridge crossing.

Do you want to see a "Soylndra" every day? If so you just keep pushing for this bill because that will be the result of the new "Infrastructure bank" Obama wants to construct.

This so called "jobs bill" is the growth of more government bureaucracy, more donor paybacks, higher taxes for the middle class, the theft of SS funds yet again to fund Obama's agenda, etc...... .

Please, READ the BILL!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 01:48 PM

20,950 posts, read 17,847,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Are you kidding? That's it? I was expecting some facts, figures, polls -- something, but instead just an unfounded assertion, eh?
I have one word...."Solyndra".

People see what the "stimulus" did.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
The bill if passed will lead to job growth seeing first hand at the I-85 Yadkin River bridge crossing in NC. I for one want it to pass and will tell my Repub. reps. that they need to get it passed. Stop messing with the economy to forward a failed concept.
Why didn't the original $800 BILLION DOLLAR "stimulus" pay for that?

Oh, that's right!

"Solyndra"! and many other failures.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:51 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,474 posts, read 14,899,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Of course. I am sure that if you asked everyone in the United States, nearly all left wing liberals would support Obama's bill. However, for those in the government, democrats included, they realize that it is just another waste of $500 billion and there will be little, if any, support for the bill on either side of the aisle.

Obama's "job bill" was just a very cynical political ploy designed not to create jobs, but a final attempt to help Obama get re-elected. Along with his failed policies, Obama will be given the boot in 2012, as this "last ditch" political effort fell on its face, like everything else Obama has done.

The nation is tired of repeated failure and a president who is unable to change course, despite that failure. Obama may have had a chance if he had changed his strategy from "stimulus", which has failed, to cutting corporate taxes, reducing regulation, and repatriating overseas US funds. This, however, would require Obama to change everything he believes in, and therefore did not, and will not, happen.

The only thing that remains is finding out who is the republican nominee and thus the next president. The senate will be lost by the democrats as well, so the next president will have a couple years of being able to present and push an agenda with little opposition, just like Obama did. Hopefully, he will not blow it like Obama did.
Quick - name one thing Obama has done that hasn't failed.

I bet you can't.

I can.

So how can I trust the rest of the things you type, if you're that wrong?

I can't.

I bet you can.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:52 PM

29,984 posts, read 40,496,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I have one word...."Solyndra".

People see what the "stimulus" did.
LightSquared, the donor to get the largest payback form this "jobs bill".

Old 09-18-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Nobody? So you speak for 300 million people and know they all agree with what you think 100%?
Nah.

Only the intelligent ones.

You cannot possibly give any reason why it will work.

A) The dems said that the original "stimulus" didn't work because it was too small. Why isn't he asking for much more?

B) It's all a political game.

Old 09-18-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I wonder what public opinion will be on Buffet Tax idea.
Most people who support obama are ignorant to facts.

FACT....capital gains are a double tax. You earn a paycheck. It is taxed at whatever rate you are taxed at (for 50% of Americans, it's ZERO). You invest some of your NET (after tax income) income. The money you earn on that investment is called capital gains, which is taxed at 15%.

The lib/progressives in the media and in our government are totally disingenuous on this issue.

So no, Warren Buffett is not paying less than everyone else. He is just getting paid on dividends which have already been taxed.

It's a populist argument that many people who are hurting, due to the failed policies of obama, will agree with only because they don't know any better.

Wait until some poor sap inherits a house from a relative, sells it and gets a tax bill for 15%! Oh that's right, you lefties want it to be 30%!

Old 09-18-2011, 04:37 PM

15,078 posts, read 6,573,904 times
Quote:
Why didn't the original $800 BILLION DOLLAR "stimulus" pay for that?

Oh, that's right!

"Solyndra"! and many other failures.
Hate to tell you it is part of the first Stim. bill. Part of the price is funded by state and part by first stim. Just goes to show you Stim. works.

Old 09-18-2011, 04:45 PM

7,090 posts, read 11,422,914 times
Quote:
Nah.

Only the intelligent ones.

You cannot possibly give any reason why it will work.

A) The dems said that the original "stimulus" didn't work because it was too small. Why isn't he asking for much more?

B) It's all a political game.
No, you are saying "everyone" doesn't want it. Everyone means 100% of people, at least in most places. Since everyone now doesn't mean everyone...What is the average education level, or IQ, of the people who don't want it? How do you know what it is? Did they contact you, or do you read minds?

You champion that everyone does, back up that everyone really does. I don't have to disprove that everyone doesn't, negative proof without any positive proof is only championed by cranks and liars. Largely because using the same elementary rules you can't disprove invisible pink unicorns.

Old 09-18-2011, 04:49 PM

7,544 posts, read 7,832,878 times
It's just another (failure of a) stimulus bill with a new repackaged title to confuse the sheeples.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies