U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 04:17 AM

20,950 posts, read 17,782,713 times

Advertisements

Saying it over and over and over and over again will not make people trust him.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 04:46 AM

24,629 posts, read 26,624,964 times
Although you're twitted, I can guarantee that NOBODY is extremely strong wording, making your premise false.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:02 AM

25,565 posts, read 15,254,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Although you're twitted, I can guarantee that NOBODY is extremely strong wording, making your premise false.
Of course. I am sure that if you asked everyone in the United States, nearly all left wing liberals would support Obama's bill. However, for those in the government, democrats included, they realize that it is just another waste of $500 billion and there will be little, if any, support for the bill on either side of the aisle.

Obama's "job bill" was just a very cynical political ploy designed not to create jobs, but a final attempt to help Obama get re-elected. Along with his failed policies, Obama will be given the boot in 2012, as this "last ditch" political effort fell on its face, like everything else Obama has done.

The nation is tired of repeated failure and a president who is unable to change course, despite that failure. Obama may have had a chance if he had changed his strategy from "stimulus", which has failed, to cutting corporate taxes, reducing regulation, and repatriating overseas US funds. This, however, would require Obama to change everything he believes in, and therefore did not, and will not, happen.

The only thing that remains is finding out who is the republican nominee and thus the next president. The senate will be lost by the democrats as well, so the next president will have a couple years of being able to present and push an agenda with little opposition, just like Obama did. Hopefully, he will not blow it like Obama did.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:21 AM

12,230 posts, read 12,278,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Are you kidding? That's it? I was expecting some facts, figures, polls -- something, but instead just an unfounded assertion, eh?

Old 09-18-2011, 10:24 AM

29,985 posts, read 40,363,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
His own party in Congress has come out publically against it. When Obama lost his own party who has control of the Senate his bill became destined for the incinerator.

A significant compenent of his bill, the building of a nationwide wireless network paid for by the taxpayer, is caught up in this LightSquared scandal (you know, the one wehre the OMB tried to get a 4-star General to change his testimony to favor LightSquared who's major investor is another Obama donor/bundler ). This bill of donor paybacks has no chance despite the clinging of Reid to his master's leg.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:29 AM

14,979 posts, read 6,475,474 times
The bill if passed will lead to job growth seeing first hand at the I-85 Yadkin River bridge crossing in NC. I for one want it to pass and will tell my Repub. reps. that they need to get it passed. Stop messing with the economy to forward a failed concept.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:31 AM

7,090 posts, read 11,392,488 times
Quote:
Nobody? So you speak for 300 million people and know they all agree with what you think 100%?

Old 09-18-2011, 10:32 AM

12,644 posts, read 19,320,573 times
Time is telling what obama is and what is going on in the WH! Ha Sad that there is not acknowledgement from the liberals that their own party for the most part is against this and they cannot see it for what it is and continue to blame the GOP. Forget it people are on to him and time is telling more and more he is an a dangerous idiot!

Old 09-18-2011, 10:44 AM

22,232 posts, read 16,686,064 times
Quote:
I wonder what public opinion will be on Buffet Tax idea.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:49 AM

24,839 posts, read 35,072,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I wonder what public opinion will be on Buffet Tax idea.
Most people can see though Buffet.

Of course his sectary pays a higher rate.

Her is income from a salary.

Buffet's income is through investments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies