Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2011, 09:00 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,968,512 times

Advertisements

Obama did NOT win via Reagan Dems, most went for Hillary (polls confirmed that), some went McCain. BO won almost all swing states, +8 independents nationally, and volla +7.5 overall.

Indys and swing states trump all other hands, of either party or wing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 09:06 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Obama did NOT win via Reagan Dems, most went for Hillary (polls confirmed that), some went McCain. BO won almost all swing states, +8 independents nationally, and volla +7.5 overall.

Indys and swing states trump all other hands, of either party or wing.
Yeah they went for Hillary, when she lost they went for Obama. There are no more Reagan Dems. They are simply Dems.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:22 PM

Some went BO, some JM, as HC fans were not tons different from JM fans (JM circa 2000, not the wing nut JM pretended to be in 2008, btw).

Reagan Dems have never returned to the party, by and large, on a sustained basis. But if GOP presents wing nut, for that cycle, they are not available to GOP.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Some went BO, some JM, as HC fans were not tons different from JM fans (JM circa 2000, not the wing nut JM pretended to be in 2008, btw).

Reagan Dems have never returned to the party, by and large, on a sustained basis. But if GOP presents wing nut, for that cycle, they are not available to GOP.
Too funny, you just make this stuff up as you go along.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:35 PM

shorebaby, I read entire , multiple, independent poll reports after each election, including confidence factors and demographics of whom was polled, and compare it to their last pre-election analysis. Most people just read headlines and soundbites. Most do not know, as you don't, how subject to shift, Reagan dems, have remained. But not to right wing or left wing fringe groups.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:58 PM

Quote:
shorebaby, I read entire , multiple, independent poll reports after each election, including confidence factors and demographics of whom was polled, and compare it to their last pre-election analysis. Most people just read headlines and soundbites. Most do not know, as you don't, how subject to shift, Reagan dems, have remained. But not to right wing or left wing fringe groups.
Ok,bring some here. Reagan Dems have flown the coup, they don't exist.

Ok, I'll save you the embarrassment.

http://race42012.com/2011/01/17/what...gan-democrats/

"But wait. What did happen to those original Reagan Democrats, the white ethnics in the Rust Belt who self-identified as “JFK Democrats” even though they hadn’t voted Democratic since the 1960s? The polls seem to suggest they don’t exist anymore, and I suspect that’s largely because most are no longer Democrats. They’ve either become Republicans or are now affiliated with neither party. It’s important to remember that social pressures for certain demographic groups to join the Democratic Party no longer exist. At one time in this country, to be a white ethnic was to be a Democrat. To be a working stiff was to be a Democrat. To be a Catholic was to be a Democrat. In almost all of those cases, there is no longer any “tribal” rationale for these voters to self-identify as Democrats, especially given the decreasing importance of private employees’ unions, the assimilation of white ethnics into the broader population, and the re-organization of the parties from collections of interest groups into vehicles of ideology. Since most of the aforementioned groups tend to lean moderate to conservative, and since the Democratic Party is now the “liberal party,” there really is no reason for a conservative or moderate-conservative member of these groups to be a Democrat."

Old 09-18-2011, 10:03 PM

I have in the past, shorebaby. Had you simply followed hyperlinks I previously provided. Your last post displays a sense of laziness, we all should be doing the stuff I mentioned, with no reliance on others.

BTW, if Reagan dems returned to party, combine that with a far larger immigrant pop, and GOP would be dead..for all national elections and House or Senate control..for decades on end.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:06 PM

Quote:
I have in the past, shorebaby. Had you simply followed hyperlinks I previously provided. Your last post displays a sense of laziness, we all should be doing the stuff I mentioned, with no reliance on others.

BTW, if Reagan dems returned to party, combine that with a far larger immigrant pop, and GOP would be dead..for all national elections and House or Senate control..for decades on end.
Too funny. So I provide evidence that you are wrong, you provide evidence of nothing. It is clearly the case that the unskilled worker is the captive of the Dem party.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:12 PM

shorebaby, From the right wing Rasmussen blog-LOL!

PS, if unskilled were Dems, Ky, Bama, Mississippi, and Arkansas would be more blue than New York. The rural poor vote AGAINST their economic self-interests.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:19 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Maureen Dowd: "Why do Republicans Want to be the Stupid Party?"
She has the gall to make this statement, after voting for and touting her love affair with obama, an utter and complete disaster.

The poster child for stupidity would be the election of 2008.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies