Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 11:43 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,481,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
sorry you cant handle the truth

american liberals.......FASCISTS
No, it's stupidity I don't handle well, as well as people who scream FASCISTS without knowing what the word even means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 11:45 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
It is. I don't mind Romney as much, and at least Ron Paul has a coherent philosophy--much as I disagree with it, but neither of them are the front runner at the moment. As an educated person, I cannot justify voting for someone like Perry and, at the same time, call myself an educator.
My main problem with Romney is he tries to hard to fit in. Huntsman and Paul are who they are and they don't pretend to be anything else. But Romney tries to hard to please everyone. I think at his core he's a sane rational middle of the road kind of guy, but he sells out to get the nomination.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Has Dowd gone bi-polar? Wasn't it just a few weeks ago she was railing against Obama?

Silly liberals!
A lot of liberals are upset with Obama, Maureen Dowd is one, but that doesn't mean she supports the Republicans. And railing against Republicans doesn't mean you automatically worship Obama.

Silly conservatives...it's always so black and white with them. No gray.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
My main problem with Romney is he tries to hard to fit in. Huntsman and Paul are who they are and they don't pretend to be anything else. But Romney tries to hard to please everyone. I think at his core he's a sane rational middle of the road kind of guy, but he sells out to get the nomination.
That's the impression I get too, but the key words are "sane" and "rational".

Old 09-18-2011, 11:51 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
A lot of liberals are upset with Obama, Maureen Dowd is one, but that doesn't mean she supports the Republicans. And railing against Republicans doesn't mean you automatically worship Obama.

Silly conservatives...it's always so black and white with them. No gray.
The problem with Progressives is they have too much gray. They have no compass to show them true north (our Consitution) and as such they wander in circles in the clear stream fouling in it and muddying the waters, making it not only unpalatable but filled with disease.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:55 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,895 times
considering the democrats elected obama and will attempt to do so again, her calling Republicans anything besides saviors is perposturous

Old 09-18-2011, 11:56 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
considering the democrats elected obama and will attempt to do so again, her calling Republicans anything besides saviors is perposturous
Because the people who gave us Bush, twice, are so much better at picking a president.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:58 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
Quote:
That's the impression I get too, but the key words are "sane" and "rational".
Well I'd probably vote for Romney but I hate sell outs. That's why I have tons of respect for Ron Paul even if I don't always agree with him. You can count on Ron Paul to tell you what he really believes day in and day out. I get the same feel from Huntsman. I'd vote for Romney and Huntsman, but if the nomination is Perry, Bachmann or Palin I'd consider it my patriotic duty to vote for Obama.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:58 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Because the people who gave us Bush, twice, are so much better at picking a president.
Bush was a far better president than Obama could ever dream.

Old 09-18-2011, 12:00 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Bush was a far better president than Obama could ever dream.
And this is why I think Obama is still competitive in a year that should be a Republic washout. If the Thought Enough Already's manage to put Perry on the ticket, I think we're still in this thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies