Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2011, 09:50 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,294,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Anti-intellectualism?! A candidate makes excuses for bad grades and the entire f--king party is anti-intellectual? Apparently neither you nor Dowd have been keeping up, Palin is on virtually no one's radar and Perry is dropping in the polls.

BTW, I've heard some of the dumbest comments uttered by any politician in history come out of the VP's mouth but no mention of that in the NYTimes op-ed.

That's called intellectual dishonesty. We are definitely against that!

One more thing: GW Bush got better grades at Harvard than Kerry did.
Thats interesting, since his high school grades could not get him in Harvard. Knowing that, why would anyone believe his grades in college since those are more at the whim of the professor. With the money that daddy/granddaddy contributes to the university can change any grade or persuade docuements to "disappear" like his military records
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 09:55 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,434,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Of course not! Nor do I have a copy of any other president's. I've seen some college transcripts of Bush, Kerry and Perry, b/c they were leaked. I've never seen any other presidents' or any other candidates' transcripts, report cards, etc. I would LOVE to see Sarah Palin's transcripts, but she has never released them.

The "Obama sealed his grades" thing is part of the birther package.
Kat,

the grades is NOT part of the birther crap

for years the left said how STUPID bush was because he got a c+ average and clinton was a rhodes scholar...then we found out the kerry had a c- average....worse than bush

we KNOW every presidents college record since clinton (many of the others are way too far in the past) why not obama???

it really means nothing...but it is a good thing to be able to know...was obama a straight A type of guy...or a c-???? apparently he is embarased about something

clinton supposedly has an IQ that is really high and was a rhodes scholar...yep he couldnt figure out how not to sexually harrass and assult women...go figure

Old 09-19-2011, 09:58 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,083,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Anti-intellectualism?! A candidate makes excuses for bad grades and the entire f--king party is anti-intellectual? Apparently neither you nor Dowd have been keeping up, Palin is on virtually no one's radar and Perry is dropping in the polls.

BTW, I've heard some of the dumbest comments uttered by any politician in history come out of the VP's mouth but no mention of that in the NYTimes op-ed.

That's called intellectual dishonesty. We are definitely against that!

One more thing: GW Bush got better grades at Harvard than Kerry did.
Oh yeah, Dubya missed his calling as a rocket scientist...

Quote:
"This is my maiden voyage. My first speech since I was the president of the United States and I couldn't think of a better place to give it than Calgary, Canada." --George W. Bush, as reported by the Associated Press, Calgary, Canada, March 17, 2009

"I'm telling you there's an enemy that would like to attack America, Americans, again. There just is. That's the reality of the world. And I wish him all the very best." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 12, 2009

"In terms of the economy, look, I inherited a recession, I am ending on a recession." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 12, 2009

"And they have no disregard for human life." --George W. Bush, on the brutality of Afghan fighters, Washington, D.C., July 15, 2008

And so, General, I want to thank you for your service. And I appreciate the fact that you really snatched defeat out of the jaws of those who are trying to defeat us in Iraq." --George W. Bush, to Army Gen. Ray Odierno, Washington, D.C., March 3, 2008
Bushisms - Funny George Bush Quotes Updated Frequently

Just a small sampling. These dumb ass remarks are interchangeable with the stupid stuff Palin or Bachmann has said.

Old 09-19-2011, 10:03 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,294,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
Ms. Dowd shouldn't stop taking her Alzheimers meds; she keeps forgetting how the Democrats, led by Slick Willie, mandated that unqualified people be allowed to buy houses in the name of fairness and social justice.

How'd that turn out for everybody?

Fair enough, but when the warning signs began to come up during bush years nothing was done and it got worst for 8 MORE years

Old 09-19-2011, 10:04 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,488,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
Kat,

the grades is NOT part of the birther crap

for years the left said how STUPID bush was because he got a c+ average and clinton was a rhodes scholar...then we found out the kerry had a c- average....worse than bush

we KNOW every presidents college record since clinton (many of the others are way too far in the past) why not obama???

it really means nothing...but it is a good thing to be able to know...was obama a straight A type of guy...or a c-???? apparently he is embarased about something

clinton supposedly has an IQ that is really high and was a rhodes scholar...yep he couldnt figure out how not to sexually harrass and assult women...go figure
I beg to differ. Surely you've seen the email that someone here on CD posts at least once a month (paraphrasing) on the birther threads:

Where is Obama's
-baptism certificate
-school application
-report cards
-law client list
-medical records
blah, blah, blah.

It's all part of the birther game.

We know as much about Obama's college record as we do about Clinton's. No one has ever seen Clinton's grades from any college he went to. We haven't seen any degree of his posted on the web. Yet we believe him when he says he went to Georgetown for undergrad, studied at Oxford, and went to Yale law school. So Bush's transcripts were leaked. Big Deal. McCain, Palin nor Biden "released" any transcripts in the last campaign, why should Obama?

Old 09-19-2011, 10:13 AM

14,466 posts, read 11,245,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Thats interesting, since his high school grades could not get him in Harvard. Knowing that, why would anyone believe his grades in college since those are more at the whim of the professor. With the money that daddy/granddaddy contributes to the university can change any grade or persuade docuements to "disappear" like his military records
So, you believe his high school grades but don't believe his college grades.

Old 09-19-2011, 10:18 AM

14,466 posts, read 11,245,012 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Oh yeah, Dubya missed his calling as a rocket scientist...
Wow, what a retort!

Old 09-19-2011, 10:18 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,160,486 times
I think Obama should send his worn underwear to the Tea Party for their thorough examination and sniffing. Who knows what they may find?

Old 09-19-2011, 10:27 AM

78,016 posts, read 60,232,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
The anti-intellectualism of the GOP at large is the main reason I can never be a Republican. Sane and rational candidates like Jon Huntsman can never win the GOP nomination because he refuses to shut his reason and logic off. Saying things like he "trusts science" are big blows to his nomination hopes. Just sad.
Well, there is dumb and then there is stupid.

Dumb is some uneducated right winger screaming about Obama's birth cert.

Stupid is some white color liberal talking about how smart they are in supporting Obama while he does everything Bush did.

Old 09-19-2011, 10:28 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,358,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Because the people who gave us Bush, twice, are so much better at picking a president.

yes. much much better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies