Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 09:25 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,029,352 times

Advertisements

Charming! I would make a comment about their being "the religion of peace"
but there is always some misguided comment on these forums in reaction to that kind of thing,
about how judgemental we are to say such things.
Silly moi.

Muslim Protesters Burn American Flag Outside U.S. Embassy in London - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2011, 09:34 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,385,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
Charming! I would make a comment about their being "the religion of peace"
but there is always some misguided comment on these forums in reaction to that kind of thing,
about how judgemental we are to say such things.
Silly moi.

Muslim Protesters Burn American Flag Outside U.S. Embassy in London - ABC News
I think they're participating in a protest of some sort to gain attention that you're giving them. But you know, there's been quite a few flag burnings in the US and I bet some were done by Christians.
I Just can't get to worked up on this. They burned the flag. They're protesting against something we've done... ok..... I'll leave it at that.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:38 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,760,768 times
Damn! Where are all those hooligans, when some arses really need whoopin!!!!

Old 09-11-2011, 09:40 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,213,816 times
Muslims burn American flag outside London's U.S. Embassy

During WWII, Muslims and NAZI's were in cahoots. Muslims should thank the U.S. they have somewhere they can go to get western attention thru their despicable acts. Brits should wake up and throw the Muslims out. Let them swim to Spain, their beloved Cordoba Mosque.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:52 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,523 times
Not surprising.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:54 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
There is nothing those ninjas can do that would surprise me anymore.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:57 PM

80 posts, read 108,565 times
It's just a piece of cloth folks. No biggie.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:00 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
I think they're participating in a protest of some sort to gain attention that you're giving them. But you know, there's been quite a few flag burnings in the US and I bet some were done by Christians.
I Just can't get to worked up on this. They burned the flag. They're protesting against something we've done... ok..... I'll leave it at that.
I don't thnik I saw any here other than Hippie types.you know the same liberals who spit on vietnam soldiers returning from war. Hadrly think they were christians.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:04 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
They're whole message is "U.S. out of the Muslim lands". Can't really fault them for that. Isn't that what most in America want also? You know, Americans out of the middle east and all that? What did you think they would do to the flag? Wrap their virgins in it?
Here's a segment from your link.......

"I’m a Muslim. What they’re doing is bringing shame on all Muslims. This is not part of the teachings of Islam,” said Abdul Sallam, 41, who was waving a sign that read “Keep The Silence,” according to multiple reports. “Islam is all about peace, but what they want to do is hate other people. Islam teaches you that when you see anything bad or evil, you should speak out against it. If the moderate Muslims all came out and spoke out, that would defeat them.”

Maybe these flag burners should meet up with the Christian Koran Burners that got so much attention about 6 months ago?

Old 09-11-2011, 10:04 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,989,850 times
Default Good point..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodoovalley View Post
It's just a piece of cloth folks. No biggie.
You got that right..and let's not forget, burning a few Korans is just burning a little paper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies