Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you with or against the Palestinians to declare their own state?
Against 59 47.20%
With 66 52.80%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 03:11 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
"Apartheid" turns out to be a misinformation. So you may want to rectify your position. The reference wasn't against Jews, but against Israelis. Funny though is the idea of your sources when the one who sponsored the event (Christian Science Monitor) doesn't seem to have ANY such claims. So that takes us back to the authenticity in blogosphere.
You choose to accept the backpeddling of the P.A.'s position. I do not. Therefore, as to his original statement, apartheid is indeed an accurate description. The backpeddling began after the press turned negative. It was not a single statement but one that had been made repeatedly. Spin as much as you wish you cannot change the facts.

I'll put you down in the "yes" column in your support of an apartheid anti-gay Palestine unless you would like to state you do not support same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2011, 03:12 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
You choose to accept the backpeddling of the P.A.'s position. I do not. Therefore, as to his original statement, apartheid is indeed an accurate description. The backpeddling began after the press turned negative. It was not a single statement but one that had been made repeatedly. Spin as much as you wish you cannot change the facts.

I'll put you down in the "yes" column in your support of an apartheid anti-gay Palestine unless you would like to state you do not support same.
Incorrect. Check you own link for goodness sake. You can at least read?

Old 09-20-2011, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
That's what I said when I posed the question:

According to the article:
"Jews have lived in "Judea and Samaria," the biblical name for the West Bank, for thousands of years. Areikat said the PLO seeks a secular state, but that Palestinians need separation to work on their own national identity."

Do they kick out the Jews who have been in that area for many years because Jewish = Israeli, or how do they plan to do this? My guess, and it is a guess, is that Israeli will equal Jewish.
You didn't comprehend my post. Let me try again: It wasn't about Jews. It was about Israelis. I hope you see the difference?

And no, if Jew = Israeli, then there can be no American or Russian Jew. Jew is not a nationality for goodness sake. Leave that idea to the religious nuts.

Old 09-20-2011, 03:17 PM

33 posts, read 19,376 times
Default Mother of 4 terrorist murderers chosen by the PA to launch statehood campaign

Mother of 4 terrorist murderers chosen by the PA to launch statehood campaign (http://www.pjtn.org/PJTNBlog/tabid/72/entryid/408/Default.aspx - broken link)

Just a taste of the kind of state they want to saddle on the world:
"The Palestinian Authority chose the mother of 4 terrorist murderers, one of whom killed seven Israeli civilians and attempted to killed twelve others, as the person to launch their statehood campaign with the UN. In a widely publicized event, the PA had Latifa Abu Hmeid lead the procession to the UN offices in Ramallah and to hand over a letter for the UN Secretary General Ban Ki Moon."

(http://pjtn.org/PJTNBlog.aspx - broken link)

Old 09-20-2011, 03:25 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,583,124 times
Quote:
You didn't comprehend my post. Let me try again: It wasn't about Jews. It was about Israelis. I hope you see the difference?

And no, if Jew = Israeli, then there can be no American or Russian Jew. Jew is not a nationality for goodness sake. Leave that idea to the religious nuts.
I did understand and responded. Apparently, you didn't understand mine, so I'll restate it. I understand that Jew is not a nationality. My stated concern was the the people implementing the policy being discussed would use that as the identifier for Israeli, though it would be inaccurate - effecively making the policy that Jews had to leave while the stated policy was Israelis. Do you think they plan to kick out the Israeli Muslims? Keep the Jews whose families have been there for a few generations?

Old 09-20-2011, 03:28 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.E.O View Post
Are you with or against the Palestinians to declare their own state?

The palestinians already own 99% of the Middle Eastern Lands - what's the attraction for owning Israeli Land anyways(?)...By the way Israeli were once upon a time Palestinians who owned the land until they were uprooted and forcably removed and shattered to the four corners of all european nations..

Old 09-20-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I did understand and responded. Apparently, you didn't understand mine, so I'll restate it. I understand that Jew is not a nationality. My stated concern was the the people implementing the policy being discussed would use that as the identifier for Israeli, though it would be inaccurate - effecively making the policy that Jews had to leave while the stated policy was Israelis. Do you think they plan to kick out the Israeli Muslims? Keep the Jews whose families have been there for a few generations?
You still not getting it. The blogs based articles you're relying on has an update. It wasn't about Jews. It was about Israelis. Unless you refuse to differentiate the two, in that they are one and the same.

For that matter, did I not mention that 11% of Palestine's population was Jewish, BEFORE Israel was created?

Old 09-20-2011, 03:38 PM

616 posts, read 854,383 times
Quote:
In the Bible. But religion based global politics in the first half of the 20th century created a state called Israel. We're talking about that state and the land it was created upon.
Then it's fraudulent. How can you name a nation off the name of a people unless you were trying to hide something.

I get why the Palestians hate the Jew that's in Canaan, do you? they know that you're not Israel at all. you're just claiming the land of Canaan and re-naming it Israel. Maybe that is what's upsetting to them.

the people who call themselves "Israelis" are not of Israel at all.

mass confusion they have caused in the land of Canaan. no wonder the streets run with rivers of blood.

I feel that the 'Israeli" will have to come to grips with the facts before peace will happen in that region.

Old 09-20-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 512ATX View Post
Then it's fraudulent. How can you name a nation off the name of a people unless you were trying to hide something.
I know! Now go preach that!!

Old 09-20-2011, 03:49 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,583,124 times
Quote:
You still not getting it. The blogs based articles you're relying on has an update. It wasn't about Jews. It was about Israelis. Unless you refuse to differentiate the two, in that they are one and the same.

For that matter, did I not mention that 11% of Palestine's population was Jewish, BEFORE Israel was created?
Did you not read my post? I clearly differentiated the two. That's why I referrred to Israeli Muslims and Jews that have lived in what would become the Palestinian state for generations. I stated in my original post that it was said to be about Israeli's. I openly acknowledged that point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies