Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 04:10 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
He's paying a hell of a lot more than you are in taxes and he's employing 500 people who are also paying taxes. Maybe you should actually look up what a parasite is... I'll wait.

The Tea Party hasn't declared war on any of the things you listed, we've declared war on wasteful spending and bloated government which is clearly what you aim to protect.

Just admit it *******s, this man is more successful than you will ever be and he's helping the economy more than you could ever dream of doing therefore you hate him and want to attack him. You despise success, you are filled with hate for people who do what you can't.
Don't bet on that! He probably shelters most of his income somehow, and we've already heard that 47% of people pay no income tax, including one of your fellow travelers on this thread who says he makes $60K. Don't bet on any of them paying taxes. Most Subway workers make minimum wage.

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I realized that some of you need to have your heads checked but that's not exactly something new. Some of you aren't intelligent enough to understand what owning a business is like therefore you don't have the common sense or ground to stand on to criticize this man. He's creating jobs while you people try to eliminate them. He's paying taxes while you people consume them. He's doing something to help other people and you attack him for it.
I own a business. I am wasting money talking to you, but I view it as a public service.

3,078 posts, read 4,375,139 times
What this guy is doing is accounting / legal sleight of hand and it is going to bite him in the butt if tax rates go up for the wealthy.

Once upon a time there were corporations and sole proprietorships. The nice thing about corporations is that the finances were separate from the personal finances of the owners / shareholders / officers. Also the legal liability does not transfer from the corporation to the individuals running it. You can sue the Monsanto, but not the CEO. The not so nice things are the corporate tax rates.

Along come LLCs, which are a mishmash between corporations and individuals or groups of people. The liabilty is supposed to remain with the LLC as a legal entity, except sometimes it doesn't. You can slush the funds back and forth between your bank accounts and the account for your LLC (just don't use one account for everything of you can be personally liable for the debts of your LLC).

So these huge dollar amounts are probably not his salary, but with several LLCs he can play a little shell game with the money and move it from one pocket to the other as much as he wants.

I'm not a moneybags but if it had been me I would have gone with the corporation as an entity. Cleaner that way.

Old 09-19-2011, 04:15 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,851,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Don't bet on that! He probably shelters most of his income somehow, and we've already heard that 47% of people pay no income tax, including one of your fellow travelers on this thread who says he makes $60K. Don't bet on any of them paying taxes. Most Subway workers make minimum wage.
Probably? Based on what? Do you own some voodoo dolls or something Miss Cleo? LOL He employs 500 people, they all pay sales taxes (or at least that's the defense liberals use when they try to justify illegal immigration) and they're all paying into the SS system.

Old 09-19-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I was thinking the same thing. It's a full blown extreme right tea bag temper tantrum.
This is kind of what I picture happening.

Girl destroys her computer after a virus! - YouTube

Old 09-19-2011, 04:16 PM

1,695 posts, read 3,044,541 times
How is he making $400,000 a year, or $600,000 or even $200,000 from his Subway business.
Congressmen's outside income is only allowed to be 15% of the COngressional income:

Pay and Perquisites of Members of Congress, Including A History of House and Senate Salaries, from TheCapitol.Net,

"Outside Employment Income is generally limited to 15% of member pay. There are, however, certain prohibited categories: Members may not receive compensation for employment in real estate, insurance sales, the practice of law, the practice of medicine, or service as an officer or board member. "

So with a Congressional pay of $174,000, he can only earn about $25,000

This is one reason that we do NOT, for the most part, get the Best & The Brightest to serve their COuntry. Most can make much more money elsewhere.

Old 09-19-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachgns View Post
How is he making $400,000 a year, or $600,000 or even $200,000 from his Subway business.
Congressmen's outside income is only allowed to be 15% of the COngressional income:

Pay and Perquisites of Members of Congress, Including A History of House and Senate Salaries, from TheCapitol.Net,

"Outside Employment Income is generally limited to 15% of member pay. There are, however, certain prohibited categories: Members may not receive compensation for employment in real estate, insurance sales, the practice of law, the practice of medicine, or service as an officer or board member. "

This is one reason that we do NOT, for the most part, get the Best & The Brightest to serve their COuntry. Most can make much more money elsewhere.
Well chances are it's a LLC, it's an investment. There's no rule or law against owning an investment, it's not like he's training people at Subway or the UPS store.

Old 09-19-2011, 04:26 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,212,614 times
Dont forget not only is he getting $174000 from us he and the well fed family get the best healthcare in the country. Much better then the employees at his subways. Worst foot in mouth I have seen in a long time.

Old 09-19-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachgns View Post

So he is an unethical fake victim. Boo hoo. I am going to have ethics charges against me...boo hoo. How will they eat on 10,000 a year when they are used to eating on 200,000 a year.

I do agree with you regarding congressman. They should get paid more than 174K a year. They do have a pretty sweet retirement plan though.

Old 09-19-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
“Again, class warfares never created a job,” Fleming replied. “That’s people that will not get jobs. This is all about creating jobs. It’s not about attacking people who make certain incomes. You know, in this country, most people feel that being successful in their businesses is a virtue, not a vice. And once we begin to identify it as a vice, this country is going down.”
It wasn’t clear if the numbers cited by Fleming included his $174,000 congressional salary.

This congressman pretty much owned every stupid liberal in the country before they even attacked him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies