Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 06:26 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,809,609 times

Advertisements

For a moment, imagine that there is a privately-owned organization in the United States that can create U.S. dollars out of thin air whenever it wants and can loan that money to whoever it wants to.

Imagine that this organization is able to act with the full power of the U.S. government behind it, but that nobody in the organization is ever elected by the American people, and that for all practical purposes the organization is not accountable to the president or to Congress.

Imagine that the organization is able to make trillions of dollars of secret loans to banks, to foreign governments and even to their close friends without ever having to face a comprehensive audit.

Does that sound preposterous?

Well, such an organization actually exists.

It is called the Federal Reserve, and today we found out that once again the Fed is going to be taking huge piles of your money and loaning it to commercial banks in Europe.

Unelected, Unaccountable, Unrepentant: The Federal Reserve Is Using Your Money To Bail Out European Commercial Banks Once Again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 07:17 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
The country got hoodwinked when this bank was set up. they have done it in other nations as well. It was one of the worse decisions in our history... even the President who caused it, feared he made a horrible mistake.

"I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men." Woodrow Wilson

Old 09-19-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
The country got hoodwinked when this bank was set up. they have done it in other nations as well. It was one of the worse decisions in our history... even the President who caused it, feared he made a horrible mistake.

"I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men." Woodrow Wilson
And if you dare try and print your own soverign currency, ala Gadhaffi, you are denounced by the French as the greatist threat to democracy in the world - makes you wonder about the present day definition of 'democracy'.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:32 PM

America, wake up! We are controlled by private bankers who make their fortunes creating money out of thin air, and then lending it to us with interest. We are the greatist nation in the world, aren't we? Why are we afraid of a few super-rich bankers? We should print our OWN money, and tell the private bankers to take a hike!

Old 09-22-2011, 04:49 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,301,920 times
well money does not come from thin air it comes from paper pulp

Old 09-22-2011, 05:35 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I am reading a book on this subject titled "Debt: The first 5,000 years". The discussion is about debt, money and credit and how and what they do. This book is helping me understand how and why international debt is formed.

I, a raving leftist, have wondered why we have our money supply controlled by a privately owned and essentially unregulated "Federal" reserve instead of having the U.S Treasury be the effective Bank of the United States? At least a government owned bank could control interest rates and inflation (preferably kept at zero) for the benefit of the entire economy instead of for the few money center bank owners.

Old 09-22-2011, 05:42 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
well money does not come from thin air it comes from paper pulp
There are many, many more digital dollars than will ever be printed. Why bother printing when you can just add a zero with a key stroke?

Old 09-22-2011, 05:43 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
"Where does it say that the United States has to borrow money from private bankers and repay it to them with interest? "

The 1910 Jekyll Island agreement.

Old 09-22-2011, 05:50 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I wonder if we should repeal the Jekyll Island agreement and create our own national bank independant of the Europeans and the IMF thugs.

Old 09-22-2011, 06:33 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,841,818 times
The Federal Reserve returns all profits beyond operating costs back to the US Treasury, so the US government effectively pays no interest on the money it borrows from the Fed.

It does pay interest on the money that it borrows from everyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies