Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 04:17 PM

45,064 posts, read 26,238,948 times

Advertisements

I'll provide the wood for the gallows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2011, 04:18 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,929,437 times
I'm actually not going to read anything into it. Their lawyers tell them to plead the 5th because anything they say can, and will, be used against them. Lawyers ALWAYS tell you to not speak in the public and I will respect their choice to not do so until trial.

Old 09-20-2011, 04:20 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,246,121 times
Sorry..this will be swept under the table and die quietly.
This administration can do no wrong..haven't you got that yet ?

Old 09-20-2011, 04:31 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,795,891 times
If we hated Bush for it, we will hate Obama for it, right?

Old 09-20-2011, 04:33 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,829,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm actually not going to read anything into it. Their lawyers tell them to plead the 5th because anything they say can, and will, be used against them. Lawyers ALWAYS tell you to not speak in the public and I will respect their choice to not do so until trial.
Shouldn't they have also not commented to the press instead of making denials? I think the contradiction is what makes this annoncement of "taking the 5th" look every bit as bad, if not worse, as the reports previous to this announcement have.

Old 09-20-2011, 04:33 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,246,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
If we hated Bush for it, we will hate Obama for it, right?
"Your guy did it so can ours" gets old.

Corruption is corruption no matter what party letter an elected official wears.

Old 09-20-2011, 04:35 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,788,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Solyndra execs will decline to testify at hearing | Agricultural Commodities | Reuters

Anybody know how to insert the popcorn eating emoticon?

If nothing was illegal or immoral why plead the 5th.. It just keeps getting worse for this administration.. Even his own liberal base is telling him not to run and they are going to throw someone out to run against him..

Back to that popcorn eating emoticon
Ahhhh....I don't know nothin about nothin.

Old 09-20-2011, 04:37 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,929,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Shouldn't they have also not commented to the press instead of making denials? I think the contradiction is what makes this annoncement of "taking the 5th" look every bit as bad, if not worse, as the reports previous to this announcement have.
There is a huge difference between making statements to the press, and being asked to answer questions. One you have time to sit back and "word" properly, the other one is a statement under oath that will end you up in jail. I see no problem with them making a public statement to the press, and then refusing to answer questions under oath. Looks bad yes, but I've had lots of similar situations where that was what you are advised to do by lawyers.

Old 09-20-2011, 04:39 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,795,891 times
Exactly. Bush didn't burn for this. I think Obama won't either. It's the nature of the beast. We're not yet at the pitchfork and torches level, but I think the country is getting tired of politicians getting preferential treatment.

Charles Rangel? Censure. It probabably caused him to feel really, really bad.
Wesley Snipes? 2 1/2 years in prison. I'm going to say it made him feel really, really bad, too
Same crime. Tax evasion.

Yeah. A criminal making our laws. Go, go America.

Old 09-20-2011, 04:41 PM

24,623 posts, read 19,077,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Did obama make a personnel investment in this company?

That's what they're attempting to find out. Obama may have been engaging in insider-trading. Of course Obamatrons will show their true colors and scream lynch-mob.

Quote:
Issa to launch probe of Obama actions on Solyndra, LightSquared

Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) said Tuesday that his committee plans to investigate government loan programs to private corporations in light of allegations of improper dealings between the White House and failed energy company Solyndra and wireless start-up LightSquared.

"I want to see when the president and his cronies are picking winners and losers… it wasn't because there were large contributions given to them," the chairman of the Oversight and Government Reform Committee said Tuesday morning on C-SPAN
Issa to launch probe of Obama actions on Solyndra, LightSquared - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies