Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Care
Yes! 84 55.63%
No! 67 44.37%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 07:30 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,968,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
IT'S ON A FORUM! There is no "leader" or group of "leaders" to this movement. This is just some random guy on an internet forum, not unlike the one you're on now, making his "demands." If you read the responses there are many who don't agree with him. Either way, it's just a FORUM on the internet. This is the equivalent of me making a list of demands and proposing to speak for all of City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 07:30 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,293,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Yet none of these far left Progressives are protesting Obama's illegal war in Libya, go figure.
Could just as easily be Pennsylvania next week.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:31 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,341,177 times
Default Excellent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
This is one video I'm sure they won't be playing on fox This 99% protestor absolutely destroys the fox news goon with facts and common sense.
Also in the same link they show: "Far from exposing an unseen side of the “Occupy Wall Street’ demonstration, the unaired interview exposes a new side of reporter Griff Jenkins, who just two years ago was quite literally cheerleading protesters as he traveled cross-country with the Koch brothers-funded “Tea Party Express.”.. Where is the tea party now?

Fox News reporter acknowledges ‘an important reason to criticize myself and my company’ | The Raw Story
Great to see this. It is becoming more evident by the day that the Right have been nothing more than THE problem. They lose every argument, don't have a record to promote, and the results of their influence show that they hurt the country mightily.

Great to be among the most enlightened, and so glad to finally see the Right get slammed nationwide for their inferior nonsense.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:32 PM

1,695 posts, read 3,037,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Have you heard what Roseanne Barr said to the protesters the other night? She came right out and said that any of those Wall Street people who don't pay up on anything over $100 million should be put in Re-education schools and if then they refused they should have their heads cut off by a guillotine. I think she was roundly cheered for that one and then it turns out that the Simmons rebel is worth over $340 million dollars. I wonder how much Roseanne is worth.

Who is going to do this uniting? A bunch of 20 something people looking just like their teachers did in the 60s or members of the Tea Party. Of course, there are those who think those two groups should unite in these demonstrations. Yep, one group wants to destroy the US government and the other just wants to clean it up.
ROSEANNE BARR?
She has no place in any logical, rational discussion of just about anything!
She is nothing but a brain-damaged big mouth who appealed to some base instincts and made lots of money doing it. I think you lose credibility by either agreeing with her or criticizing her, and certainly by using her statements to make a point - ANY point!

Old 10-03-2011, 07:32 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,310,253 times
I wish a few of 'em would demand a hot shower.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:33 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,805,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
The list of demands is from one individual, not the group. This smells like a misinformation campaign. And it's just another way the media shows its bias. Example: the media reported "700 protesters arrested" instead of explaining why there were protests to begin with.
Apparently it wasn't clear why there were protests for the media to report.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Yea this list is pretty silly and will alienate a lot of people.
Forgiving debts is as silly as forgiving the bankster debts.
Oh wait, we did that.

Still, the main points most people can support is getting rid of the criminals on Wall Street and in the Government, and separation of Big Business and Wall Street from the government.

Letting Big Business, Wall Street and Government unite as they are now is Communism for them, but not for everyone else. That is what happens in Communist Countries, everyone at the top that dictate to the masses lives the highlife while the other 99% suffer.

The protests should not be hijacked by the communists, just as the Tea Party should not have been hijacked by the Wall Street Banks and Mega Corps.

Keep the main message going so our voice is louder to end the corruption and get rid of the criminals.
Yes they need to keep a laser focus on corporatism. The desire to end crony capitalism and stop bailing out Wall St has broad appeal and cuts across the entire political spectrum, it's a winner. Though I agree with a few of those "demands" this isn't the time to debate those. The most pressing matter in this entire nation isn't healthcare, the war, the debt, etc., it's the separation of business and state. Until we get the money out of politics we can never begin to discuss those other issues. There will never be a real debate on the issues until we end the reign of corporatism in this nation.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:34 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,175,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
This is one video I'm sure they won't be playing on fox This 99% protestor absolutely destroys the fox news goon with facts and common sense.
Also in the same link they show: "Far from exposing an unseen side of the “Occupy Wall Street’ demonstration, the unaired interview exposes a new side of reporter Griff Jenkins, who just two years ago was quite literally cheerleading protesters as he traveled cross-country with the Koch brothers-funded “Tea Party Express.”.. Where is the tea party now?

Fox News reporter acknowledges ‘an important reason to criticize myself and my company’ | The Raw Story
Nope, out of the hundreds of interviews FOX do they pick out the top half dozen dumbest and
continuously air them over and over. There will be more like this one showing up though!

Old 10-03-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
LOL, what is he clearing up? This certainly is the demand of at least one of the loons. And he is certainly not alone. Stop with the corporate media stuff. Are you twelve?
It's the "demands" of ONE person! One single person! Give me a break, I'm sure the, quite sure, the Tea Party attracted more than one "loon." Why should I stop with the "corporate media stuff?" When it ceases to be true I'll readjust accordingly. But no, by all means keep burying your head in the sand and pretending that the mainstream media isn't owned by giant corporations and passing out (weak) insults that only make you sound intellectually inept.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:49 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,040,061 times
The people know what's going on and they're not happy...

The people know whats going on and they're not happy. - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies