Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 05:56 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,035 times

Advertisements

Nationality In Question After Baby Born On Flight Four Hours Out Of San Francisco | Fox News

"Her sister Leoni Bauermeister, who lives in Beverly, Mass., told myFOXboston.com Alamillo was immigrating to the state with her three other children -- and hoped to have her fourth child there so it would automatically become a U.S. citizen"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 05:59 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,345,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Nationality In Question After Baby Born On Flight Four Hours Out Of San Francisco | Fox News

"Her sister Leoni Bauermeister, who lives in Beverly, Mass., told myFOXboston.com Alamillo was immigrating to the state with her three other children -- and hoped to have her fourth child there so it would automatically become a U.S. citizen"

I could not agree more. This insanity needs to end immediately.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:20 AM

912 posts, read 1,331,869 times
It needs to end however,it should have ended or correct after the end of the Civil War say in the 1930's when most people who fought in the war or who born in it were dead .Nowadays,you try to do anything immigration the hispanics have alot of power ,and will block any move as an impedement to their rights . This notation that black or whites have any sort or major power in this country is ridculous .So tell what group again is always marching for their rights ?Every other country in the world says at least one parent to be a citizen before you are one .To add insult to injury what group has shoved their language down all of throats .Everytime I go to the grocery store I feel like an outsider in my land .Anytime someone puts a fight against immigration the cry of racist goes up.I am tired of America ,if it makes me a racist to bad .I am tired of feeling like I don't belong .

Old 09-21-2011, 06:22 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,094 times
Default What Nationality is THIS baby??

Quote:
Nationality in Question After Baby Born Over International Waters on Flight From Philippines to US
It seems this young lady wanted to have her fourth child born in the U.S. so it would be an American Citizen......

Nationality In Question After Baby Born Over International Waters On Flight From Philippines To US | Fox News

Old 09-21-2011, 06:27 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,387,823 times
The child is the nationality of its parents.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:27 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,229,619 times
The article states she had a travel visa, yet her sister says she was immigrating. If this is true, authorities should look into pressing charges for entering the country fraudulently, as it seems she was intending to overstay her visa.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:39 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,094 times
Default Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
The child is the nationality of its parents.
And you're right.. The question is, how many people will say, "Let the baby be American"???

The interesting part of this article though was, she KNEW she was due soon, and intentionally got on that flight to go to the U.S. so her baby would be born here.

I feel we need to amend our Constitution, and stop allowing all babies born here, to automatically become citizens, because people like this woman are going to keep coming here to have their baby here just to have them become American.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:43 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,375,139 times
As far as I am concerned, US citizenship by birth should only be conferred to persons born of parents who entered the country legally. I don't care if they are here on work / student visas, on vacation etc. As long as they presented a passport to Immigration I am fine with it.

What I think needs to stop is that people who sneak in and enter illegally EVADING authorities have babies who automatically become US citizens.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
And you're right.. The question is, how many people will say, "Let the baby be American"???
Since she is now in California, I am sure we will hear that...

Old 09-21-2011, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
As far as I am concerned, US citizenship by birth should only be conferred to persons born of parents who entered the country legally. I don't care if they are here on work / student visas, on vacation etc. As long as they presented a passport to Immigration I am fine with it.
Ever heard of Birth Tourism? It is not a "small" thing. It is almost as worse as illegals who have children here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies