Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 10:30 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Well said tinman! If I remember correctly, you're an ex-soldier too?
Thank you and yes I am. Soldiers are the pawns of gov. We know and accept this fact. We trust that they will use us as intended. Unfortunately that is not the case.
I got out shortly before Somalia and avoided that goat screw.
Anyone who served in Gulf war I could have told them what Iraq would be.
Anyone who has served in the ME for that matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 10:35 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Thank you and yes I am. Soldiers are the pawns of gov. We know and accept this fact. We trust that they will use us as intended. Unfortunately that is not the case.
I got out shortly before Somalia and avoided that goat screw.
Anyone who served in Gulf war I could have told them what Iraq would be.
Anyone who has served in the ME for that matter.

I have a buddy who is an ex-marine that feels somewhat the same way. He felt he was fighting for his country, but in the end it was fighting for his platoon, and to get his a** home. He did what he had to do to survive. He is quite disappointed about the way things are shaking down in this country, and says this isn't the same country that he thought that he was fighting to protect.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:40 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I have a buddy who is an ex-marine that feels somewhat the same way. He felt he was fighting for his country, but in the end it was fighting for his platoon, and to get his a** home. He did what he had to do to survive. He is quite disappointed about the way things are shaking down in this country, and says this isn't the same country that he thought that he was fighting to protect.
Well he is not alone in that regard.
As I watch the partisan politics destroy the nation I am amazed.
As I watch hardliners justify, point fingers and make excuses for their individual parties, I just want to move away.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:47 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Well he is not alone in that regard.
As I watch the partisan politics destroy the nation I am amazed.
As I watch hardliners justify, point fingers and make excuses for their individual parties, I just want to move away.

Nah! I wouldn't move away. Not giving up that easy on America. But you're right partisan politics really has things F-ED up right now to where we are seriously divided!

Old 09-21-2011, 10:55 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,953,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Seems like Tony left his brain in San Francisco too..
Yes, I would agree with that if he had a brain to begin with.

Old 09-21-2011, 11:02 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times
Seems he's spent too much time with Hollywood celebrities. If he really feels this way then he should move out of the country if he hates it so much.

Old 09-21-2011, 11:02 AM

14,482 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
Oh, and as far as the "WE would have let Hitler"......
I think there were a few other countries involved too.
I meant those countries too.

Old 09-21-2011, 11:04 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,051 times
GW Bush told the country that anyone who had any doubts about 9/11 was a terrorist. It is like the King's new clothes either you see the clothes or off with your head.

Old 09-21-2011, 11:05 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,408,318 times
Was the near destruction of Tokyo, Japan (during WWII) our fault or their own for attacking the USA (Pearl Harbor, etc. . .) years earlier? Just askin' . . .

Old 09-21-2011, 11:10 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
American icon Tony Bennett took to the airwaves at Sirius Radio to promote his new album, “Duets II,” but it’s what he said about war, peace, terrorism, and who was to blame for the Sept. 11 terror attacks that could get people talking.

Sitting down with Howard Stern on Monday, the 85-year-old singer dodged questions about his sex life and prior drug use. He did so with a laugh, but matters about the U.S. military and 9/11 were fair game, and on these topics the Grammy winner held little back.

Tony Bennett on 9/11 Attacks: ‘They Flew the Plane in, But We Caused It’ - ABC News

Dementia is a terrible thing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies