Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 02:07 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,481,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Well its not like he named a pig or a wild boar, Muhammed.
Dang, I like that idea.

All religions that link an animal in some context to a core belief such as a pig being unclean or in the case of India, a cow, rat, or monkey can be sacred, ya gotta ask yourselves do these people have any brains at all to believe this nonsense? Sheesh!

Bending over and twisting ourselves into knots to appease these retarded A-holes makes us more idiotic than their stupid beliefs and lest anyone should think me discriminatory in my disdain, I also have no patience for anyone believing in the resurrection or any other such religious mumbo-jumbo nonsense.

All that stuff is just convenient to give you a crutch to lean on while busily going about pissing on your fellow man or to convince a parole board you've reformed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2011, 02:11 PM

769 posts, read 1,013,195 times
how do we even know what he named his dogs? lol random rage topic of the day

Old 09-22-2011, 02:19 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,869,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman0 View Post
how do we even know what he named his dogs? lol random rage topic of the day
Because, after deciding to make a political statement by how he named his dogs, he then used a public forum, the city council meeting, to give voice to his public statement. He wanted to draw attention to himself, and to stir up controversy, so he abused his public service to do so.

Old 09-22-2011, 02:21 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,735,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
California: Councilman names dog "Muhammad," Hamas-linked CAIR demands apology - Jihad Watch

It reminds me of the schoolteacher in Sudan who got in trouble for letting her children name a teddy bear "Mohammad". Sudanese teddy bear blasphemy case - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Obviously they haven't heard of my pig called Allah, yet

Old 09-22-2011, 02:22 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,449,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Because, after deciding to make a political statement by how he named his dogs, he then used a public forum, the city council meeting, to give voice to his public statement. He wanted to draw attention to himself, and to stir up controversy, so he abused his public service to do so.
Abused his public service to do so? Like Obama lying about doctors cutting off feet and taking out tonsils for extra cash while addressing the nation about HC?

Old 09-22-2011, 02:23 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,236,744 times
Quote:
And AGAIN, they don't care what he named his dog.
Sure they care. If they didn't there was no need for any remarks from them... You'd better believe that they care....

Old 09-22-2011, 02:33 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,922,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

Cripes, people are just looking for ways to get all butt hurt and offended.

So he named his dog, Muhammed. Who gives a rat's arse?

For people so sure of their religion, they sure get all fired up a lot. You have your religion, I'll have mine, you name your dog what you want, I'll name my dog what I want, everyone get the hell over yourselves!

Political correctness is a scourge on this country. Doubling down with someone playing the "victim" card only makes it more pathetic.

Old 09-22-2011, 02:34 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,376,620 times
Quote:
No, the slippery slope of people elected to office openly disrespecting their constituents and offering up a blatant insult to a religion as a form of "political commentary."

CAIR does not care what the councilman names his dog, and has said so.

It's amusing though that those jumping on the bandwagon here continue to ignore this salient fact.
Here is the direct quote DC. You are telling me that this is offensive?\

You are telling me that there is just cause for CAIR to demand appology from this:

"I have two new dogs. I'm excited about a dog park," Reeve said. "America and Muhammad may want to play with dogs."

Old 09-22-2011, 02:36 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,869,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Sure they care. If they didn't there was no need for any remarks from them... You'd better believe that they care....
NO, they don't care. They don't care what you name your dog. They do care about a councilman using a city council meeting to make a political statement, an abuse of power, and about that political statement being a denigration of a sector of the public that that councilman is supposed to be representing.

Look at it this from another point of view. A councilman is elected who is anti-Christian. He's an atheist. And after he gets elected, he decides to publicly denounce the Christians he's supposed to be representing. At a council meeting, he does so. And the Christians who are his constituents say, we don't care what he believes, he has a right to his beliefs. But we don't like that he used the council meeting as a platform for those beliefs.

Do you see? The councilman in both scenarios decides to create a public controversy. Councilman Reeve wanted to create this controversy, wanted to garner attention for himself. The anti-Muslim sentiment is a tool that he is using to further his own ambitions. That should offend everyone.

Old 09-22-2011, 02:40 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,368,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Dang, I like that idea.

All religions that link an animal in some context to a core belief such as a pig being unclean or in the case of India, a cow, rat, or monkey can be sacred, ya gotta ask yourselves do these people have any brains at all to believe this nonsense? Shush!

Bending over and twisting ourselves into knots to appease these retarded A-holes makes us more idiotic than their stupid beliefs and lest anyone should think me discriminatory in my disdain, I also have no patience for anyone believing in the resurrection or any other such religious mumbo-jumbo nonsense.

All that stuff is just convenient to give you a crutch to lean on while busily going about pissing on your fellow man or to convince a parole board you've reformed!

Convenient?

Like the Universe has always existed kinda convenient?

Or did you mean "we don't need religion to explain what we don't understand" convenient?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies