Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which side are you on?
Israel 99 77.95%
Palestine 28 22.05%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 05:30 PM

1,676 posts, read 945,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post
Why can't Palestinians and Isrealis live together in one State? Why do they each need their own?

If I was forced to pick here, I would say, barring the impossible solution above, then Palestinians should be able to have their own State.

However, my true answer is this: it's none of our business. As Israel is our ally, we must protect and defend it from invasion and attack from the outside, but when it comes to their internal, domestic problems, we need to mind our own business. We've been trying for decades to get the two to make peace, and so far it hasn't worked. Palestine still refuses to recognize Israel's right to exsist and condemn terrorism against it, while the Israelis keep buidling and occupying Palestinian lands. I say, cut 'em both loose.....we should stop meddling in their affairs, its just so futile.
The reason for this is because, if you look at Islamic countries, non-Muslims are treated as second-class citizens. Israel also has non-discrimination laws for the LGBT community and equality for women. The Palestinians would never agree to such laws. So why would Israel want to share a country with them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2015, 07:28 PM

714 posts, read 356,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
The Palis don't want a state. They SAY they do but to them having a state means the elimination of Israel.

They were offered 95% of what they wanted to become a state and they rejected it because they get more international traction playing the victim.
Actually, with land swaps, they were offered the equivalent of 99% of the west bank and they already had 100% of Gaza. Abbas simply ignored the offer.

Just two days ago, a prominent Palestinian polling organization released a poll which revealed that 67% of the "Palestinians" support an increase in terror attacks, the destruction of Israel, and reject a two-state solution. The "moderate" PA run by Abbas espouses the same sentiments. Obama gives them over $500 million annually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri95 View Post
Israel withdrew from Gaza in '05. There was no "occupation" anymore, not even a blockade. Until terrorists start firing rockets. Israel left greenhouses and other infrastructure for the Palestinians. So what reason did they have to elect in Hamas and start attacking Israel? There is no excuse for terror.

Oh, and the "occupation" wasn't illegal. To the victor goes the spoils. Israel won the land from Egypt in 1967. It was never Palestinian land.
Now you've touched on one of the greatest frauds in recent history - "Palestinian" land the "Palestinians".

The terms "Palestinians" and "Palestine" are tossed around ignorantly. The 21st century definition is taken as gospel by the media and thus today's generation. But it has NO basis in history. The Arabs who today call themselves Palestinians have no historical legitimacy to Palestine.

Palestine is simply a historical name. It has nothing to do with Arabs. The area was named Palestine (formerly Judea) by the Romans, derived from the word Philistine. This occurred after the second Jewish revolt and was part of the Roman attempt, as punishment to the Jews, to eradicate the Jewish connection with their historical homeland. Why rename the land after the Philistines (the Philistines no longer existed)? Because the Philistines were the ancient enemy of the people of Israel.

Before the modern state of Israel, the term "Palestine" and "Palestinians" referred to Jews and the Jewish community. Jews created the Palestine Post, the Palestine Symphony Orchestra, the Palestine Electric Company. They even represented Palestine in the 1936 Olympics. "Palestine" and "Jews" became interchangeable. After Israel took control of those areas in a war of survival in 1967, there suddenly appeared a "Palestinian people". Actually such a term did not appear until the late 1970's. Not in newspapers, books - nowhere.

This canard of historical "ownership" and an Arab national history in Palestine was created by Arafat's PLO in the late 20th century and has been promulgated ever since then. The concept of a "Palestinian people" or nation exists in a political context, not an historical one. The only sovereign states to ever exist in Palestine were Jewish ones.
"There has never been a land known as Palestine governed by "Palestinians". The Palestinian Arabs are indistinguishable from Jordanians (another recent invention), Syrians, Iraqis, etc. Keep in mind that the Arabs control 99.9 percent of the Middle East lands. Israel represents one-tenth of one percent of the landmass. But that's too much for the Arabs. They want it all. And that is ultimately what the fighting in Israel is about today... No matter how many land concessions the Israelis make, it will never be enough". Joseph Farah, "Myths of the Middle East"
see "Palestinian Myths"

Today's "Palestinians" are mostly descendants of Arab migrants who came to Palestine from neighboring Arab areas in search of jobs that were created, ironically, by the Jewish agricultural and industrial revival of the area beginning in the mid to late 1800's. They are no different culturally, linguistically, and religiously from their 300 million Arab brethren. (Unfortunately, their morality is just as depraved).

Old 12-15-2015, 07:35 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I couldnt vote becuase the poll needs a third choice.
Neutral.

Or maybe a fourth: America's side?

Old 12-16-2015, 01:13 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,528,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I support freedom. I support Palestine.
Nothing Palestinian has anything to do with freedom but I'm not surprised that has escaped your notice.

Old 12-16-2015, 02:37 PM

833 posts, read 657,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
Nothing Palestinian has anything to do with freedom but I'm not surprised that has escaped your notice.
Moslems talk about freedom but they kill each other (Shia, suni) at the first available opportunity. Then they try to kill all infidels. And they need freedom ? From what? Biggest bondage they suffer from is their cult itself.

Time to stop this non sense of Palestinian country. They need brains not nation.

Old 12-16-2015, 02:41 PM

1,261 posts, read 950,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator11040 View Post
Now you've touched on one of the greatest frauds in recent history - "Palestinian" land the "Palestinians".

The terms "Palestinians" and "Palestine" are tossed around ignorantly. The 21st century definition is taken as gospel by the media and thus today's generation. But it has NO basis in history. The Arabs who today call themselves Palestinians have no historical legitimacy to Palestine.
So, what exactly would you call an Arab who can document their family's presence in the place that is now called Israel going back at least 12 generations?

My own family has been in the US for only 3 generations, but I consider myself American. Telling someone whose family has been in a place 4 times as long that they don't belong in the country they identify with does not sit right with me.

Old 12-16-2015, 02:52 PM

833 posts, read 657,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
So, what exactly would you call an Arab who can document their family's presence in the place that is now called Israel going back at least 12 generations?

My own family has been in the US for only 3 generations, but I consider myself American. Telling someone whose family has been in a place 4 times as long that they don't belong in the country they identify with does not sit right with me.

Not sure if this is the right comparison. You are referring to people who have been in an area for generations. That is different than people asking for a nation for themselves. It is akin to you demanding a country within USA since you have been here for x generations.

I thought there are many arabs who live in Israel already. The question is about a war that one party lost and one party won. The winner in a war takes the land and anything else. Since when is this not fully understood? What would be wrong is if Israel asked all non jews to leave the territory in gaza and west bank. I don't think anyone is saying that. So what is the problem?

Old 12-16-2015, 03:19 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,036 times
Quote:

Nobody is saying Arabs can't live in Israel. In fact, Arabs have more civil rights in Israel than they do in Gaza or the West Bank.

Old 12-16-2015, 04:16 PM

1,261 posts, read 950,522 times
Quote:
Nobody is saying Arabs can't live in Israel. In fact, Arabs have more civil rights in Israel than they do in Gaza or the West Bank.
So, what about all of the people who fled during the wars or were temporarily (they thought) living outside of the country for work or school but were not allowed to return home afterwards? Someone is most definitely saying the cannot live in Israel, and they are doing so in violation of international law.

Old 12-16-2015, 04:44 PM

714 posts, read 356,355 times
Quote:
I would call him a Palestinian Arab living in Israel. Or, perhaps more accurately, an Israeli citizen who is an Arab. Simple enough for you?

Over 20% of Israeli citizens are Arabs. They vote, they are represented in the Parliament (known as the Knesset), and their educational level, standard of living, and political freedom is higher than it in Arab states. And much higher than in Palestinian-ruled areas where those three factors are abysmally low.
Some Arabs even serve in the army and the police.

Now I have a question for you: What would you call a person who is fifth generation born in Lebanon? A Lebanese citizen? Guess again. Would he be offered an education? a vocation? freedom of movement? the right to vote? any social or civil rights? access to public social services or public health services?
Hint: They are about 10% of the population, have been bottled up in camps, and live on UN welfare.
The contrast between how an Arab state treats its fellow Arabs living within its borders and how Israel treats Arabs living within its borders is startling.

So are you talking about these people? That Israel must accept millions of these people who have never even set foot in Israel? People who would destroy Israel?

There are millions of Jews who had been living in Arab states for dozens of generations. They were given the choice of being murdered (and many were) or leaving with nothing but the clothes on their backs. The property they were forced to leave behind is worth billions.

Apparently all of this is unknown to you. The level of ignorance displayed here is incredible.

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies