Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 07:48 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,430,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3781 View Post
What do you suggest then? Vote for the looneytarians? The green party?

When are you people going to realize that we live in a two party system and there is nothing you can do about it. You MUST pick the lesser of two evils. Us lowly peons can stand on principle all we want and vote for the Ross Perots, but we will end up with Clintoon. BTW it was Nader that split the commie vote in 2000 and gave us GW Bush. Hanging chads needn't matter if Nader doesn't run. You leftists still want to go third party?

I don't like it. No one does. But just close your eyes, spread your cheeks, pull the lever for the "lesser of two evils" and shut TFU, unless you are ready to advocate armed revolution.
Well, you just go right ahead, bend over, take it, and ask for more every election cycle...the actions of a fool. Things will never change as long as people like you unquestionably accept the status quo

Me? I've learned my lesson...the two party system is a charade. They both stand for pretty much the same thing.

When a third party, such as Nader, does try to get on the ballot, these two so called sworn enemies get together and fight state by state to keep them off. The fix is in.

I'm voting my conscience and principles from now on, the heck with party labels....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 07:58 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Well, you just go right ahead, bend over, take it, and ask for more every election cycle...the actions of a fool. Things will never change as long as people like you unquestionably accept the status quo

Me? I've learned my lesson...the two party system is a charade. They both stand for pretty much the same thing.

When a third party, such as Nader, does try to get on the ballot, these two so called sworn enemies get together and fight state by state to keep them off. The fix is in.

I'm voting my conscience and principles from now on, the heck with party labels....
Same here. The status quo is unacceptable. I'm gonna write in Ron Paul if he doesn't win the nomination, or just sit out next year. I don't care if the Democrats get re-elected again. I refuse to vote for a president and a Congress that only does the masters' bidding. The president is just a puppet to place the blame on when things go south. The real power behind the president is the military-industrial complex and the Federal Reserve.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:03 AM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,362,805 times
Obama's phony "centrist" act didn't fool anyone. At least now he's dropped the pretense of being anything other than a run-of-the-mill tax-and-spend liberal - it will be fun to see how that works out for him.

Old 09-24-2011, 09:16 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
PAGE NOT FOUND
Works just fine.

Left Behind: How Democrats Are Losing The Political Center | The New Republic

Old 09-24-2011, 09:48 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
O.K., that's logical....

Were you for or against obama care....you know, we have to pass the bill to know whats in it?

That's a yes or no answer....
It's just untrue that nobody knew what was in the ACA. It is also dishonest for the GOP to be outraged even if it were true. They had no moral revulsion to passing the Patriot Act before any House or Senate members read it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
From the article:
Quote:
According to Gallup, twenty years ago, as Bill Clinton began his presidential campaign, self-described moderates formed the plurality of the electorate—43 percent; conservatives were 36 percent, liberals 17 percent. By the summer of 2011, the conservative share had risen to 41 percent and liberals to 21 percent, while moderates declined to 36 percent, surrendering their plurality status to conservatives. Because nearly all conservatives now vote for Republicans and liberals for Democrats, the share of the shrinking pool of moderates that Democrats need to build a majority is now larger than ever.
While respondents may say they are more conservative, the disconnect rests with policy issues. 70-80% of Americans report that they want tax increases on the wealthy instead of cuts in gov't services -- precisely the Democratic view and against the GOP view.

Around the same numbers, Americans doesn't want SSA and Medicare touched. Again, that's the Dem view and contrary to GOP policies.

What it seems to point to is that Americans are misinformed about which Party holds which policies. Perhaps if Americans spent less time watching Dancing with the Stars and more time reading newspapers, they'd be better off.

Old 09-24-2011, 10:08 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
It's just untrue that nobody knew what was in the ACA. It is also dishonest for the GOP to be outraged even if it were true. They had no moral revulsion to passing the Patriot Act before any House or Senate members read it.
I did not think you wold answer the question....that was a quote from one of the people who passed it..remember...pelozi....

still today, they are still ciphering what is in the bill...and people are not happy.....

Lets not worry about the lie's that went right along with it...

Quote:
I
What it seems to point to is that Americans are misinformed about which Party holds which policies. Perhaps if Americans spent less time watching Dancing with the Stars and more time reading newspapers, they'd be better off.
One of the smartest things ever said on this board...

Old 09-24-2011, 10:35 AM

99,561 posts, read 4,491,552 times
Quote:
Exactly!

Old 09-24-2011, 10:49 AM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,362,805 times
Quote:
From the article:While respondents may say they are more conservative, the disconnect rests with policy issues. 70-80% of Americans report that they want tax increases on the wealthy instead of cuts in gov't services -- precisely the Democratic view and against the GOP view.

Around the same numbers, Americans doesn't want SSA and Medicare touched. Again, that's the Dem view and contrary to GOP policies.

Nothing makes me happier than to see libs champion more failed tax-and-spend garbage in the blind faith that one morning the public will wake up and understand that gigantic deficits can magically solve all our problems. That's a strategy I'd love to see them stick to for the election, but unfortunately I know that some of them just aren't that dumb...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies