Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 05:39 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecypher5413 View Post
LOL, I had no idea Texans (and Texas bashers) really DO view seceding from the Union as a good idea:

"...and while leaving it will be no walk in the park, it might very well be the beginning of the next great free nation in the Western hemisphere. Texas could one day emerge as the first former U.S. state to leads its People to a new era of freedom. With Chunk Norris as the President, border patrol agents will no doubt carry six-packs of whupass with them at all times."

Why Texas will (Eventually) Secede From the Union - WesternFront America : WesternFront America

"Chunk" Norris??? Any relation to the movie star? Isn't he like, 80 years old or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 05:43 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,946,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Nope. Libs want all the backwater states out. It's time to get your junk together, as you're no longer welcome.

In fact, if most Americans had the choice, Georgia would be the first to go. Texas atleast has a great deal of military bases and a huge economy. All Georgia has is an airport that everyone hates.
I thought you had been to Georgia. Apparently, you have never heard of Sam Nunn - D from Georgia. He was responsible for putting a lot of military bases in Georgia. No, we plan on Keeping Georgia and certainly California. Texas we can do without, but feel free to take Arizona with you.

Old 09-25-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
All jokes aside, if Texas was dumb enough to secede, most residents would undoubtedly leave. The 2 million+ black folks would be the first to go lol.

The only people who would stay are the blind Republican extremists, who are a dying breed in this state anyway. This new nation would surely crumble.

I love my state, but not more than I love my country.
Well that was a sensible post. No sarcasm. However, why is that all of the Texas Republican extremist seem to be posting on C-D?

Old 09-25-2011, 06:05 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,335,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Well that was a sensible post. No sarcasm. However, why is that all of the Texas Republican extremist seem to be posting on C-D?
Same reason all of the Georgia Republican extremists post on Stormfront. They're frustrated and need a place to vent.

Old 09-25-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Same reason all of the Georgia Republican extremists post on Stormfront. They're frustrated and need a place to vent.
Well I am not a Republican, but I am sure there are good many from Georgia who probably do post on stormfront. There is a lot of racism in Georgia. No doubt about it.

I just caught that I said all. It just seems like all Republican extremist from Texas post on CD.

Old 09-25-2011, 06:22 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,100,489 times

Little Texas - God Blessed Texas - YouTube

Old 09-25-2011, 07:11 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,053 times
Any state in America should be allowed to secede if it's the will of the people of that state. People should be allowed to have self determination. I notice how the Left praised democracy when southern Sudan was born by breaking away from their northern countrymen by popular vote, but abhor the idea that America should be a voluntary union. You either support freedom or you don't.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:07 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
The Republic of Texas...

Give it back to the Texans!

Old 09-26-2011, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Any state in America should be allowed to secede if it's the will of the people of that state. People should be allowed to have self determination. I notice how the Left praised democracy when southern Sudan was born by breaking away from their northern countrymen by popular vote, but abhor the idea that America should be a voluntary union. You either support freedom or you don't.
Sorry, does not work that way. We are a Union. The rests of the states would have to agree. I think they may all agree on Arizona.

Old 09-26-2011, 01:14 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,195,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Just about the only good thing that comes from Texas is oil and gas, beyond that I think the country would be better off without Texas in it.

Just think of all the worthless politicians that have been from that state, and I include LBJ in the group.
I'd be fine with letting Texas secede as long as San Francisco is hit with a strategic nuclear weapon, first.

OP... If Texas were allowed to secede because "they are a negative influence" on the rest of the US, you'd not only have a hostile territory immediately bordering the US, but several other states would probably follow. You think food and gas prices are high now, wait till we're missing about 15-20 "producer" states. Your beloved California would be one of the first states to degenerate into chaos.

Just being realistic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies