Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 05:17 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,223,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
WTF?
Michael Moore in drag.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Man that sure is a long drive across water from Hawaii.

In fairness, after we allow Texas to secede we should allow anyone who wants to relocate there the opportunity, but should have very strict immigration standards for people who want to emigrate from there. Once we get rid of them, we should be done with it. If possible, I think we should keep Austin.
I've wondered how much it costs to ship a vehicle from Hawaii..I would think it might be cheaper to sell and then just buy a new one once you get here.

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I've seen about every state license plate since I've been here and that includes Alaska and Hawaii. I'm just amazed that for all the hate on Texas so many flock here for a better life.
Those who hate any state simply aren't operating with a lot of brain power.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:20 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times
Quote:
I've wondered how much it costs to ship a vehicle from Hawaii..I would think it might be cheaper to sell and then just buy a new one once you get here.
I would tend to agree unless it is some exotic car. The question then is are the people that mover from Hawaii to Texas really not that bright?

Old 09-23-2011, 05:21 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,223,612 times
Quote:
In fairness, after we allow Texas to secede we should allow anyone who wants to relocate there the opportunity, but should have very strict immigration standards for people who want to emigrate from there. Once we get rid of them, we should be done with it. If possible, I think we should keep Austin.
I'll vote for your proposition in a heartbeat,......but, only if NATIVE TEXANS are allowed to remain/move back into the state.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:22 PM

662 posts, read 1,450,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I didn't know Michael Moore was a longhorn fan.
Both the photo and this comment made me almost spit my drink out! LOL! I just moved from Austin, and I can attest that most Longhorn fans don't look like this, but that was great.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:23 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Those who hate any state simply aren't operating with a lot of brain power.
True.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:24 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
I would tend to agree unless it is some exotic car. The question then is are the people that mover from Hawaii to Texas really not that bright?
I guess bright enough to be making enough extra money to ship cars
A good portion of the transplants are telecomuters...they still work for their old jobs in their old states but have relocated to Texas for financial reasons. The dollar goes a bit further here in Texas with a low COL and when you have kids every penny counts.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonexpat View Post
Both the photo and this comment made me almost spit my drink out! LOL! I just moved from Austin, and I can attest that most Longhorn fans don't look like this, but that was great.
Actually, there are some very attractive women in Texas...especially around Austin. I will hate to see them go, maybe they decide to stay in the U.S>

Old 09-23-2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:
I guess bright enough to be making enough extra money to ship cars
A good portion of the transplants are telecomuters...they still work for their old jobs in their old states but have relocated to Texas for financial reasons. The dollar goes a bit further here in Texas with a low COL and when you have kids every penny counts.
That is interesting. Had not heard that before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies