Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 07:23 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I'd like to see Texas forcibly removed from the Union. They have been promising to secede for too long now. It's time for the rest the country to make the decision for them. Texas, you're outta here!
When did we let Texas back in? And Why?

Last edited by florida.bob; 09-24-2011 at 07:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 07:24 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
ROFL..Perry mentioned it in 2009.
Other states have also mentioned it.

States cannot be thrown out of the union.
Libs seem to like to make up their own rules.
I've been hearing about Texas seccesionist movements since the 80s. Since you guys elected a secessionist as your governor, you're obviously on the fence about this. You're flirting with the idea. I think the rest of us should make up your mind for you.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:31 AM

988 posts, read 1,203,566 times
Quote:
I've been hearing about Texas seccesionist movements since the 80s. Since you guys elected a secessionist as your governor, you're obviously on the fence about this. You're flirting with the idea. I think the rest of us should make up your mind for you.
Make up our mind for us? Typical perverted authoritarian leftist sentiment.

I guess we will have to take with us the 85% U.S. refining capacity, the 65% of the defense industry, the NASA brain trust, oil, natural gas, electricity production, Texas Medical Center, Port of Houston (2nd largest in U.S.), the Dallas financial sector, Dell Computer, EDS, Texas Instruments, Raytheon, UT, Rice, Baylor, TAMU, Texas National Guard, agriculture and livestock, low cost of living, strong work ethic, and good looking women with us, just to name a few.

Have fun without electricity, food, or gasoline.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:34 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
I noticed you left that "fact check" link out of my post.
The Obama administration twisted what he said.

You can put that secessionist talk right up there with your newly formed hatred of the rich.

This administration knows their followers are lemmings that don't know how to verify for themselves and eat up as TRUTH whatever they spout.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:39 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:

FactCheck.org : What Perry Really Said About Secession

Old 09-24-2011, 07:41 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:

You can put that secessionist talk right up there with your newly formed hatred of the rich.

This administration knows their followers are lemmings that don't know how to verify for themselves and eat up as TRUTH whatever they spout.
You are correct, he didn't say secede. He said, "And one of the deals was, we can leave anytime we want. So we’re kind of thinking about that again.”.

Completely different....

Old 09-24-2011, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
You are correct, he didn't say secede. He said, "And one of the deals was, we can leave anytime we want. So we’re kind of thinking about that again.”.

Completely different....
And that was in response to a question posed by a reporter.
If the reporter hadn't asked the question would he have said that ?

Old 09-24-2011, 07:43 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,453 times
Quote:
..........maybe you should zip your fly. Your stupidity is showing.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:45 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:

This has nothing to do with Obama, Texan. Dragging him into this?? I know what Perry said, and I know why he said it. He was trying to be cute -- to whip up the rabble to win votes. He wasn't seriously promoting secession. But I am. Actually, I am more of an excisionist than a seccesionist. The definition of "excise" is to remove by cutting, as in excising a tumor from the body. I think it's high time we cut Texas off of America.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:46 AM

Quote:
This has nothing to do with Obama, Texan. Dragging him into this?? I know what Perry said, and I know why he said it. He was trying to be cute -- to whip up the rabble to win votes. He wasn't seriously promoting secession. But I am. Actually, I am more of an excisionist than a seccesionist. The definition of "excise" is to remove by cutting, as in excising a tumor from the body. I think it's high time we cut Texas off of America.
LOL. Ok you go off and start a movement. Remove any state you don't like from the union.
It has plenty to do with Obama and his administration. They put that thought into your head with repetition.
They did it with the rich doctors during Obamacare debates, the corporate jet owners during tax cut debates and all those "rich" making $250K a year. The propaganda is thick with this administration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies