Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 07:48 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
You seem to miss the part where I said WE should allow them secede. My voice and many others could allow us to be free of Texas and its negative influence on the rest of this country. They are the ones that want to leave. I am all for allowing them to leave.
Oh, please, enlighten me on exactly what negative influence we have on the rest of the country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 07:50 AM

988 posts, read 1,203,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Oh, please, enlighten me on exactly what negative influence we have on the rest of the country?
They are jealous of our good looking women.

Our independent, hard working, self reliant, and dare I say manly culture in Texas indicts them as the weakling authoritarian commies they really are.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:53 AM

23,532 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Default Might drop California from the list before Texas.

If Texas did break away we would send it millions in foreign aid each year, a new ambassadorship will be availble to award political cronies.

We would definitely buy what would then be 'foreign oil', as we are so enamored with foreign oil over domestic resources.

Cultural practices specific to Texas would then be honored and respected and held above the culture of the rest of the country.

The death penalty would be accepted because it would be unsophisticated and not politically incorrect to not embrace a foreign cultural practice.

On 2nd thought it might better to drop California from the union before Texas just to get rid of Nancy Pelosi and the Kalifornia culture. Bad water out there creating political zombies.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Well Rick Perry is the best example of why we need to get rid of Texas. They voted for this dude for how long? I know there are some good people in Texas, but they are not in the majority.
Hilarious.

Grey Davis - recalled
Fabian Nunez - son convicted of murder
Arnold Schwarzenegger - Secretly fathered a child with his maid. Pardoned Nunez's son, letting killer out of prison for strictly political reasons.
Sanctuary cities
Unemployment higher than the national average

Just the tip of the iceberg. Yup, Texas is definitely the pits.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Man that sure is a long drive across water from Hawaii.

In fairness, after we allow Texas to secede we should allow anyone who wants to relocate there the opportunity, but should have very strict immigration standards for people who want to emigrate from there. Once we get rid of them, we should be done with it. If possible, I think we should keep Austin.
Quite the little Castro, aren't we.

As for keeping Austin, is it because you believe it's liberal?

Old 09-24-2011, 07:59 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
If Texas did break away we would send it millions in foreign aid each year, a new ambassadorship will be availble to award political cronies.

We would definitely buy what would then be 'foreign oil', as we are so enamored with foreign oil over domestic resources.

Cultural practices specific to Texas would then be honored and respected and held above the culture of the rest of the country.

The death penalty would be accepted because it would be unsophisticated and not politically incorrect to not embrace a foreign cultural practice.

On 2nd thought it might better to drop California from the union before Texas just to get rid of Nancy Pelosi and the Kalifornia culture. Bad water out there creating political zombies.
That's true. And when Obama came to visit Texas on a foreign goodwill trip he could bring Perry an iPod like he did the Queen of England.
We could also see Obama bow to Perry like he did to other heads of state in foreign countries.

Might not be a bad idea after all. We could get all this foreign aid that needs no accountability and no repayment.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:00 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,638,147 times
Kracer, I said we were going to kick Texas out of the union. Who said anything about giving up American claims on our oil? Oil fields that were developed by American companies will continue to belong to America.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I'd like to see Texas forcibly removed from the Union. They have been promising to secede for too long now. It's time for the rest the country to make the decision for them. Texas, you're outta here!
I thought talking about secession was "code" for racism. Which is it, Libs?

Old 09-24-2011, 08:06 AM

988 posts, read 1,203,202 times
Quote:
Kracer, I said we were going to kick Texas out of the union. Who said anything about giving up American claims on our oil? Oil fields that were developed by American companies will continue to belong to America.
You really have no idea how it works do you?

Texas landowners lease the mineral rights to "American companies". You will pay US to have oil.

Then, after you pay us handsomely for the oil, you will pay US once more to refine it for you, as we have 85% of U.S. refining capacity.

BTW, where is the Shell headquarters located? Where is ExxonMobile headquarters? Where is BP's U.S headquarters? Where is ConocoPhillips headquarters?

Old 09-24-2011, 08:07 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
Quote:
I'd like to see Texas forcibly removed from the Union. They have been promising to secede for too long now. It's time for the rest the country to make the decision for them. Texas, you're outta here!
Another person who has succumbed to popular fiction.

Who is the infamous widely used C-D term "they"???

That's almost as good as the other well-worn C-D phrases "everybody knows", "it's a well known fact" -and- "everyone agrees"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies