Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2011, 12:42 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,284,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metye7 View Post
And the Democrats are still the party of racists and still think black people are a lower form of human then white people.
Doesn't change the fact that the tea party is full of straight up racist rednecks.

Are there Democrats who are racist, you bet. Are teabaggers racist, hell yeah!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 12:45 PM

313 posts, read 406,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Doesn't change the fact that the tea party is full of straight up racist rednecks.

Are there Democrats who are racist, you bet. Are teabaggers racist, hell yeah!!!
And it doesnt change the fact, that you are so filled with hatred that you are blind to see reality.

I may not be a member of the tea party, but that doesnt mean that I can't see them for what they really are. A group of individuals that are against the high taxes in this nation. I am not going to deny that there may be some racists in the tea party, but that doesnt mean that the tea party itself is racist.

Old 09-24-2011, 12:51 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,013,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyconi View Post

Hell, the TP itself emerged immediately after the nation just elected it's first black president ...

much of the GOP/TP is located in the the deep south.

And the TP's and GOP's crusade against so-called "illegal immigrants" isn't helping their case that they aren't racists, as why would they so concerned about going after these "illegals," if they weren't offended by their skin color?

I could go on, but I think I've made my point, the Tea Party and the GOP are the parties of hatred and all of their policies and talking points are rooted in bigotry and intolerance.
The initial Tea Party emerged in 2007 when Ron Paul came on the scene and spoke quite loudly at GOP debates about anti militarism and the US' foreign policy and educating the public on "blow back". So, let's get it clear -
when you throw around who you "think" is racist - at
least know who you are talking about

Ron Paul: Tea Party 07 - YouTube

As far as the "Deep South" synonymous with the New Tea Party - remember TP Darlin' Palin is from Alaska

The immigration/TP folks of Arizona "immigration law fame" a lot of those folks are Midwest
transplants. Practically ALL of Arizona is......except the
native American Indians and the Hispanics.

So easy to bash the deep south when you don't have
the facts.

Old 09-24-2011, 12:57 PM

52 posts, read 28,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
The immigration/TP folks of Arizona "immigration law fame" a lot of those folks are Midwest
transplants. Practically ALL of Arizona is......except the
native American Indians and the Hispanics.
Huh? Citation needed.

Old 09-24-2011, 12:58 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,284,243 times
Quote:
And it doesnt change the fact, that you are so filled with hatred that you are blind to see reality.
You have insulted members on here and I"m the one full of hatred???

Quote:
I may not be a member of the tea party, .
According to tea partiers no one is a member. It's just a bunch of angry old white guys moaning and whining about a Black president.

Old 09-24-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyusslives View Post
Huh? Citation needed.
Citation for what. Have you been to AZ - a lot of folks that live there are retirees from the Midwest. What do you
think Tuscan and Phoenix burbs are made of.....
Do you have any idea what the population of these type of cities was before the "sun city boom" of the '70-80's.

Northerners move/relocate to
AZ, not southerners - so any "racist" laws they pased in AZ can't be blamed on the "Deep South".

Blame it on Northerners

Oh, I forgot the Canadians as well:

http://www.theroamingboomers.com/wp-...iz-Journal.pdf

"long list of
Canadians retire to Arizona." “No matter how bright the sunshine or how low the cost of living, Canadians
would not be flocking to Arizona unless the state offered additional amenities and attractions - and it does, in spades,”

Old 09-24-2011, 01:40 PM

52 posts, read 28,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Citation for what. Have you been to AZ - a lot of folks that live there are retirees from the Midwest. What do you
think Tuscan and Phoenix burbs are made of.....
Do you have any idea what the population of these type of cities was before the "sun city boom" of the '70-80's.

Northerners move/relocate to
AZ, not southerners - so any "racist" laws they pased in AZ can't be blamed on the "Deep South".

Blame it on Northerners

Oh, I forgot the Canadians as well:

http://www.theroamingboomers.com/wp-...iz-Journal.pdf

"long list of
Canadians retire to Arizona." “No matter how bright the sunshine or how low the cost of living, Canadians
would not be flocking to Arizona unless the state offered additional amenities and attractions - and it does, in spades,”
Well your first claim was that virtually everyone was except for them Indians and Hispanics.

Old 09-24-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyusslives View Post
Well your first claim was that virtually everyone was except for them Indians and Hispanics.
I didn't mean it from a "statistical data" point of view, simply a generalization of where "most" AZ transplants
come from Southerners don't normally relocate to
that "sun belt" - we have our own.

I'm also tired of all "racist" somehow being exclusive to the "Deep South". Many Northern racists around.

Old 09-24-2011, 01:55 PM

23,949 posts, read 15,052,675 times
Quote:
Crones statement was completely incorrect as the fact that crone was saying not the ones he/she knew, which he/she probably knows none of those that voted against the civil rights act.
I met Lyndon Johnson on many occasions at DH uncle's house. I did not like him. I have been acquainted with several from Texas. Only know 1 enough to loan him money. He did not have the opportunity to vote for the Civil Rights Act. Another owned the mineral rights to my house and lived down the street. He changed parties, but was not in Congress at the time. Another lived down the street in a dog trot log cabin that he had moved onto the property. Had he been in Congress at the time he would have voted for it.

153 D's vote for 91 against
136R's 35
What difference does it make in 2011 who when and how or if anybody changed parties?

A very wise Republican state senator in Texas once told me that there are good guys and jerks on each side of the aisle. There are folks who want to do good and get the job done and there are opportunists who are in it for themselves.
We need to stop this pissing contest, find the good guys and start solving this mess. Well intentioned people can get a plan that most of us can live with.

Old 09-24-2011, 01:56 PM

37,792 posts, read 40,977,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Video: Guy who you’ve loved in every role he’s ever played hates your guts « Hot Air

Morgan Freeman: Obama Made Racism Worse, Tea Party Will Do 'Whatever [It] Can To Get This Black Man Outta Here' | NewsBusters.org

Cant say im surprised, after hearing in the past how this man thinks, but yeah im a bit disappointed. Oh well. You hate me, then Ill just have to stop supporting you. I hope others follow. Youre free to hate me and think your nonsense but Im also free to say ********* then and not give you another damn dime.

Also, it goes without saying that he is wrong and is just too racist or stupid himself to figure it out.

The worst black President was Danny Glover in "2012."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies