Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 08:12 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
I'll give Freeman's comments the same respect I gave Tony Bennett's -- none. Both were uttered by old men whose social relevance is limited to acting or singing, and not politics.

Morgan Freeman-oh yes we should listen to someone who slept with a 21 year old ( she may have been younger) while married...because he completely shows moral integrity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 08:15 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
true feelings or comments that the troll posts that will get attention?

i believe trolls are attention whores who use race, because they know it will get attention.
Oh, I see what you mean!....people post in here to NOT have responses to their posts and if they get responses they are attention seeking trolls....

Tell that to the OP.

"Trolls" (?).... who IS responding with racist remarks to their threads????

Old 09-24-2011, 08:15 AM

3,085 posts, read 5,238,816 times
Hardly surprising that the same folks who were hailing Mr. Freeman as the next coming of MLK after his criticism of Black History Month a few years back have now returned to throw the man under the bus now that he is no longer towing their line. I'm glad he's telling it like it is and not allowing people's feelings on either side to influence his perspective. A true independent thinker he is.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:18 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
He's an Actor, he must be right

Old 09-24-2011, 08:19 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Morgan Freeman-oh yes we should listen to someone who slept with a 21 year old ( she may have been younger) while married...because he completely shows moral integrity
So if Morgan Freeman said that 9/11 was a horrific event you would say it's bs?

Shoot the messenger and not the message

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
He's an Actor, he must be right
So was Ronald Reagan

Old 09-24-2011, 08:21 AM

Morgan Freeman does not hates me, but then again I'm not a racist teabagger who thinks Obama is an illegal immigrant from Africa.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:22 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Trying to understand where he is coming from,I think he is 100% correct.
Morgan Freeman is nearly 75 years old. He grew up in the segregated south. I suspect he knows a hellava lot more about racism than most folks on CD.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:30 AM

605 posts, read 705,087 times
This country IS being driven to the ground. NOT by the person in office now, but by this conspiracy of the Tea Party-backed Republican lawmakers, right-wing nut-job 24-hour news organization (which is REALLY a political machine), and myriads of people who listen, believe, and then self-drive themselves into this thinking of fear, hate, and refusal to see truth. I ALMOST want someone THEY want to be elected, just for the possibility of these people to settle down and return to some semblance of normalcy. Almost...

Old 09-24-2011, 08:32 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
I don't think I could possibly calculate the damage statements like Freeman's does both to this presidency and to real racism. With interviews like these more and more people are going to move away from Obama, you people on the left need to realize this before it is too late.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annilyna View Post
This country IS being driven to the ground. NOT by the person in office now, but by this conspiracy of the Tea Party-backed Republican lawmakers, right-wing nut-job 24-hour news organization (which is REALLY a political machine), and myriads of people who listen, believe, and then self-drive themselves into this thinking of fear, hate, and refusal to see truth. I ALMOST want someone THEY want to be elected, just for the possibility of these people to settle down and return to some semblance of normalcy. Almost...
If you think that a teabagging president, along with a teabagging congress = normalcy, you are in for a rude awakening.

Get ready for $2 hour wages, no child labor laws, no EPA, no FDA, oppressive government, search and seizure without warrants, ie. basically China.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies