Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 11:28 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,278,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
How could anybody argue against this now? I mean its all for the union.....errr.....children right???

"As a nation, we have an obligation to make sure that all children have the resources they need to learn – quality schools, good teachers, the latest textbooks and the right technology. That’s why the jobs bill I sent to Congress would put tens of thousands of teachers back to work across the country, and modernize at least 35,000 schools. And Congress should pass that bill right now…"

WEEKLY ADDRESS: Strengthening the American Education System | The White House

Let me translate this for you.
I know we have enough teachers that get paid a lot of money right now.
I am not asking that they be held accountable, I am asking that they get all raises so they can in turn donate another half billion to my reelection. Thank you. PASS THIS TURD!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 06:34 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Obama is buying the union vote with this. That's what this amounts to.

Old 09-25-2011, 06:43 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
I find it funny that "hiring more teachers" is going to improve our education... hasn't this been done the past 50 years and then failed miserably... Its time for people to start thinking outside the box... but then Obama was thinking about that, he was pandering to the teachers union... sometimes I wonder if Obama is a union thug or a president...

Old 09-25-2011, 07:07 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I find it funny that "hiring more teachers" is going to improve our education... hasn't this been done the past 50 years and then failed miserably... Its time for people to start thinking outside the box... but then Obama was thinking about that, he was pandering to the teachers union... sometimes I wonder if Obama is a union thug or a president...
And here's the funny part..hire the teachers and what..FedGov pays for 1 year's salary. Then what..fire them because you have no money ?

They did that already with stimulus I. And they will fall for it again.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:09 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,651,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
By strengthening the education system, he means the unions.

He certainly can't mean the children, because he and his party have fought tooth and nail to prevent children from having a CHOICE to leave failing, dangerous schools.

Instead, they try to protect the teacher's unions at the expense of the children.
I'd rep you again if I could for this post!

Old 09-25-2011, 07:14 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
There should be NO federal stimulus and we should end all Federal involvement in education. Not Federal subsidies. No Federal regulations.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:55 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerbilzak View Post
You just like to pull stuff out your butt, don't you? Your hands must really stink.
What part was inaccurate? Obama pulled the vouchers from the DC School system removing the choice to decide what school you sent your children too.

I'll wait to hear from you the errors. I doubt it'll ever come.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:01 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerbilzak View Post
You just like to pull stuff out your butt, don't you? Your hands must really stink.
You should know. First hand. Pun intended.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:42 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
How could anybody argue against this now? I mean its all for the union.....errr.....children right???

"As a nation, we have an obligation to make sure that all children have the resources they need to learn – quality schools, good teachers, the latest textbooks and the right technology. That’s why the jobs bill I sent to Congress would put tens of thousands of teachers back to work across the country, and modernize at least 35,000 schools. And Congress should pass that bill right now…"

I predicted this awhile back.

The left always resorts to this tactic. They can't win on the facts, they rely on emotion.

They didn't "care about the children in Wisc. when the teachers were protesting against the gov. They should have been in the classroom if they cared so much.

Their union came first.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:09 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,995,901 times
Quote:

Well Hell KUchief we bailed the teacher unions out might as well build new schools too...besides the teachers union and the Dept.of Education are doing such a wonderful job of educating our kids at what now 38th in the world? We need manufacturing jobs again that filled our tax coffers that provided all our infrastructure needs.China now has our jobs and that tax money which they lend to our over bloated government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies