Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 08:56 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,116,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
There is a difference between use resources more wisely and pay me extra to use that resource...
Well how else would you use that resource more wisely? Obviously people aren't doing it out of the kindness of their hearts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 08:59 PM

45,220 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Well how else would you use that resource more wisely? Obviously people aren't doing it out of the kindness of their hearts.
Do you think thats how the state operates? lol

Old 09-24-2011, 09:02 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
A better question, who is funding the denial research(sic)?
Are you suggesting CERN is on the take?

Old 09-24-2011, 09:04 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times
Quote:
Are you telling me that a 300 million people in the US and several BILLION people in the world can't figure out how to do it... that the only way was to force 300 million people pay TRILLIONS of dollars to a handful of people and that will make people use resources more wisely?? If that is the best way of doing something, then I suggest that the liberals are the biggest idiots in the universe... and if they are the biggest idiots in the universe, why are people STILL listening to them? Is it possible to have people that are even more stupid?

Old 09-24-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Are you telling me that a 300 million people in the US and several BILLION people in the world can't figure out how to do it... that the only way was to force 300 million people pay TRILLIONS of dollars to a handful of people and that will make people use resources more wisely?? If that is the best way of doing something, then I suggest that the liberals are the biggest idiots in the universe... and if they are the biggest idiots in the universe, why are people STILL listening to them? Is it possible to have people that are even more stupid?
...that's reasoning you go with? Liberals are stupid? And where is this trillions of dollars coming from?

Let's me clarify since you seem so fond of putting words in my mouth.

They can't do it without some sort of financial incentive, otherwise you are just relying on people to do so out of charity or altruism and that simply won't cut it.

Personally I prefer a progressive carbon tax (which can encompass gas as well) or increase the gas tax. There are quite a few ways to provide financial motivation for people to conserve and get the the private sector on the same page.

What I don't want to is what Obama just did, give money to a particular industry. The free market doesn't work that way.

Old 09-24-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
...that's reasoning you go with? Liberals are stupid? And where is this trillions of dollars coming from?

Let's me clarify since you seem so fond of putting words in my mouth.

They can't do it without some sort of financial incentive, otherwise you are just relying on people to do so out of charity or altruism and that simply won't cut it.

Personally I prefer a progressive carbon tax (which can encompass gas as well) or increase the gas tax. There are quite a few ways to provide financial motivation for people to conserve and get the the private sector on the same page.

What I don't want to is what Obama just did, give money to a particular industry. The free market doesn't work that way.
Trillions of dollars coming from carbon tax... who do you think pockets ALL of that money? The government... don't take me for a stupid liberal... why stupid? Because most liberals believe in that... and that makes them stupid... Can't do it with financial incentive? Willing to bet your entire house, home, possessions, first born on that? Didn't think so... let's stop with the word "can't"... shall we? I don't play nice with liberal mind/word games... I get your point though... look at recycling... I mean people are doing it because... umm... because.... they actually have to PAY in order to recycle... who knew someone would do something good like that and PAY to actually do it... I mean, that's pretty altruistic of them... opps... didn't think that actually happened in the real world... who says the only alternative has to be altruistic anyways? Let me guess... stupid did...

Old 09-24-2011, 09:33 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,327,541 times
This morning the weather prediction on the news for my area was heavy "monsoon-like" rains and localized flooding. I walked around all day with an umbrella I didn't need once.

Sure the weather is changing, it's always changing. But to make dire predictions about the future consequences of man-made global warming is too much to take credibly when they can't even accurately forecast the weather for a 12 hour period.

Old 09-24-2011, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Trillions of dollars coming from carbon tax... who do you think pockets ALL of that money? The government... don't take me for a stupid liberal... why stupid? Because most liberals believe in that... and that makes them stupid... Can't do it with financial incentive? Willing to bet your entire house, home, possessions, first born on that? Didn't think so... let's stop with the word "can't"... shall we? I don't play nice with liberal mind/word games... I get your point though... look at recycling... I mean people are doing it because... umm... because.... they actually have to PAY in order to recycle... who knew someone would do something good like that and PAY to actually do it... I mean, that's pretty altruistic of them... opps... didn't think that actually happened in the real world... who says the only alternative has to be altruistic anyways? Let me guess... stupid did...
Wow still throwing out a bunch of generalizations. You seem so rational. Anyways...how do you propose that we use our resources more wisely?

Old 09-24-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Wow still throwing out a bunch of generalizations. You seem so rational. Anyways...how do you propose that we use our resources more wisely?
So you are admitting that liberals being stupid is a generalization? Okay... I think those who claim to be liberals are restricted from using resources, there you go... problem solved!! Have a nice day!

Old 09-24-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
So you are admitting that liberals being stupid is a generalization? Okay... I think those who claim to be liberals are restricted from using resources, there you go... problem solved!! Have a nice day!
Haha again putting words in my mouth... what's wrong can't answer a question? I understand if you can't... I would be scared to as well in your situation after making such wild and gross generalizations. Fear make people do irrational things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies